1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

them crooked vultures

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by anlgp, Dec 8, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

don't know if any of you guys have heard these guys but i just started listening to them about.. 20 minutes ago.

upbeat drum beats and weird *** guitar riffs.. right up my alley, maybe some of yours.

http://www.myspace.com/crookedvultures

dolfan32323 and sking29 like this.
  2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Yeah I just heard these guys on one of the Sirius stations a day or two ago and have been catching myself up.

So far I am loving them. Also just let me say this band and "The Dead Weather" crept up on me.

3. anlgp

apparently they are made up of John Paul Jones, Josh Homme & Dave Grohl.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows who JPJ & Dave Grohl are.. Josh Homme was the front man of a Stoner Rock band called Kyuss. He also did QOTSA.

4. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well QOTSA were a pretty popular band...so some may know him from there.

I actually remember Grohl playing drums in their first video and they were great on their own. "Little Sister" is a song that comes to mind immediately.

5. anlgp

Grohl also plays drums on Tenacious D's first album. The one with the weird demon on the front of it.

6. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Yeah lol.

Of course Grohl has had his hand in so many bands its crazy. Probot is one that comes to mind for me besides the obvious Nirvana and Foo Fighters.

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I am picking up their album... It is about $12 at WalMart and $14 I think at Target. Sounds fantastic

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Just got the album... I wish Grohl did more vocals, but I am loving it. Very enjoyable.

anlgp likes this.