*** ThePHINS.com 2010 NFL Mock Draft -- Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by The G Man, Apr 1, 2010.

1. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, not sure if Ricky did or not, but I sent him one 'round 9:30AM just as a friendly reminder. I sense your frustration VMF, and I appreciate your desire to get on with it. Seems we've lost a little steam of late, but I'm still hopeful we can get in one more round between now and 4/22. Just hang in there is all I can say, and hopefully everyone is committed to seeing this through til draft day rolls around. :knucks:

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  2. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    yeah i PMd him too and saw that he was viewing the Santonio Holmes thread an hour ago and now he's off and still no pick. maybe he's searching for his pick but i doubt it. :praying:

not trying to be an ahole but this is BS. oh well :no: :confused2:

3. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Well, don't feel too bad. At least you have the "The Official Girl I want in My Bed" draft to keep you busy. :wink2:

4. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    yeah but guess what Rocky will be up soon :tantrum::pity: :lol:

itll be atleast Saturday before i pick in there :cry:

5. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    is this 3 rounds?

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Since Im Denver I think I should be awarded Ricky Sapp since the Dolphins dont own that pick anymore. :up:

7. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Yes, VMF. The 3rd round thread is up now. I took a poll yesterday afternoon, and it appeared most wanted to continue on.

Yeah, that's one of the drawbacks to doing one of these. Real life trades that occur during our mock obviously skew our results. Not only would I not have had a round two pick, but there's no way I pick Bryant at #12 with Marshall now a Dolphin. Oh well...whaddya gonna do? :confused2:

Bpk likes this.
  8. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    didnt see a poll but i did see the 3rd round thread

9. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Now that we have Marshall who would you have drafted? According to our mock Suh, Okung, McCoy, Bradford, Berry, Bulaga, Haden, Clausen, Williams, Iupati, and McClain are off the board.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not G man, but I would have gone with E. Thomas. My second choice would have been Graham, but IMO E. Thomas could be a terror back there that has a Sharper-like impact for us.

Big Red and vmarcilfan75 like this.
  11. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Great question BR, thanks for asking. :up:

For me, it came down to three guys...Brandon Graham, Earl Thomas, and Dez Bryant. That narrows it down Graham vs. Thomas. Given that choice, I probably would've gone with Graham. I just think there will be enough very good safety prospects to wait on one, as opposed to passing on a guy with Graham's skill set.

JMHO...

Big Red likes this.
  12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I wanna do all 7 rds woooo hooooo

13. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    We dont need a Safety Prospect....We need a Starting FS. I think Earl Thomas should be the pick unless we plan on making Will Allen a FS. There are going to be some nice OLB prospects in the 3rd rd and some TE prospects in the 4th. We are in much better shape right now @ OLB than we are @ FS. imo

14. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    They're all prospects Skeet. Granted, Thomas looks like a sure fire/can't miss player at the pro level. But, he is still a prospect.

Regardless, it's a tough call between taking the BPA at OLB vs. FS at #12 IMO, but I would still lean towards a front seven player as being more important, or having a greater impact. The more pressure you put on opposing QB's the less you need an elite FS. Besides, there are other safeties that I think could be very good that could be had in the third round or later. Earl Thomas good? Maybe not. But, good enough IMO.

15. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Detroit's pick is in DT Lamarr Houston, almost went with Chris Cook but decided to continue to shore up the front 7.

Big Red has been notified.

Big Red likes this.
  16. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't believe we are going to draft Earl Thomas and I will tell you why. The Dolphins have to decide between an outside linebacker and a free safety. Historically you can find a free safety outside of the Top 15. Ed Reed was a late 1st round pick. Bob Sanders and Nick Collins were 2nd round picks. Darren Sharper and Brian Dawkins were late 2nd round picks.

We can pass on Earl Thomas and draft a safety in the later rounds. If we don't find a guy this year then we can draft our safety late in the 1st round next year. Same goes for nose tackle. Just like safety we will be able to get one in the 1st round next year if we don't hit on one in the later rounds this year.

However it will be much more difficult to find a guy like DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, or Brian Orakpo in the 2nd round or even late in the 1st. I know there are exceptions but the odds are against it. For every James Harrison there are thirty Andy Studebakers.

Plus we can still sign Darren Sharper or O.J. Atogwe as a stop gap.

17. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    1. Eric Berry - FS - Tennessee
    2A. Terrence Cody - NT - Alabama
    2B. Rodger Saffold - OT - Indiana
    3. Donald Butler - ILB - Washington

I think Kansas City would be happy with that.

18. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Just traded PM's with SICK, and he's too busy to make the pick for Carolina. Frankly, I am too (right now). So, if anyone wants to step in for SICK and make the pick...go for it. Otherwise, I'll try and get to it later on today.

Thanks...

EDIT: I made the pick.

Skeet has been PM'ed to notify him he's on the clock.

19. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Should I be shocked a Ohio State played was selected by Fin O?

20. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    pick made. Needed another DB to keep up with the Mannings

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

There is no biast mr Skeet, Im a man who searches for talent....and Gibson has alot of upside.

22. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Indeed. In fact, he might look pretty good in aqua and orange, eh? :wink2:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  23. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    ****ing Homer

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I'll let you live in that fantasy since its yo birf-day.

We all know who the biggest homer on this site is.

25. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Aaaaaaaaagggh!!!!!! All you sons-a-*****es are taking all my players!!!!!

GARRGEGEGGG!!!! #($($#)@!$

26. emeraldfin

emeraldfin All I've got is insane

Dec 12, 2007
    Carlow, Ireland
    Chad Jones was already picked Padre in the 2nd round.

27. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    I think you're kidding yourself if you think you're making another pick in this mock Bpk. I don't see us even finishing the third round, much less starting another round. I mean, it is draft day after all.

Having said that, let's finish strong guys. Let's see how many more picks we can make before this evening, OK?

Thanks!

28. Bpk

Lol. Yeah. I know.

29. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Yeah... Its Maj for sure

30. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in ThePHINS.com 2010 NFL Mock Draft. I hope everyone enjoyed doing it. By my count, I think we got seven correct picks (so far). And, with so many trades and some surprising picks, I think that's saying something. So, good job guys. :up:

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the draft.

Go Phins! :marble:

Big Red, emeraldfin and vmarcilfan75 like this.
  31. Bpk

Thanks for the hard work you did in running it, G man. It was a ton of fun. Plus, now I know the prospects better when I watch the second round today.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  32. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    yeah thanks for starting this up.
    Next year we need to start earlier and/or have less managers or give the active ones 2 teams :yes::shifty:

33. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, that's one of the benefits to doing one of these. You get to know more of the draft prospects better, and it does make watching the draft more enjoyable. You'll be like "hey, I drafted that guy in the third, and they took him the first?! Wow, that's a reach." :lol:

Agreed VMF. If we do this next year that is. :shifty:

So, who does everyone want at #40? Or, do you want the Phins to trade back again? I'm thinking Worilds or Allen, or trade down. Be way cool if we somehow added a second 2nd rounder, wouldn't it? :thumbup:

padre31 likes this.