1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is a trend that I respect.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    With the release of Jackson, maybe the trend to put up with athletes with questionable work ethic is starting to end..

There's really no reason too put up with it, you work for an employer that requires you to use your body for your job, the least you can do is 100 percent commitment to the craft.

Maybe our own head coach is on to something.

Better check yourselves..get ya *** in the gym and work on your craft, cause we can find players that will..

MikeHoncho, PhinFan1968 and toto like this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The offseason mission was to find and aquire players where character took precedent, more so than the norm..of course I see times where you take a chance on someone and their character, but not when it comes to work ethic.

toto likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    This is about gang ties, IMO. Not necessarily about getting to the gym and working out.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  4. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    A guy with poor work ethic can't produce what Jackson produced his entire career.

5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    There are sources saying the inconsistent work ethic, bad attitude, and missed meetings are reasons as well.

When you get paid this amount if money to play a game, there's no reasons for any of that..it's contagious.

MikeHoncho and toto like this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    When your young and talented like that dude, with a body that doesn't require a lot to sustain,you can produce, I'm not saying he didn't work on it, the point is, was he doing all he can do be the best he could be, which is what I believe any player can do regardless of how skilled they are, obviously he wasn't, mentally he didn't do what was necessary to be a prof..

What up. G.

7. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Well, I don't know what Kelly was looking for that he wasn't doing.

But I do think that slamming a guy's work ethic is often just an excuse for getting rid of a guy that the coach just doesn't like, for whatever reason.

Sometimes people don't get along or have the same vision for the right thing to do. Nothing wrong with that of course, and the Eagles are well within their rights to release the guy if they want, but don't smear the guy on the way out.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You smell lawsuit by Jackson?

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    There's apparently some pics where he flashing the crips sign...if true man, you just can't do that and rep a company, sorry.

toto likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Back to work ethic, missing meeting, not perfecting your personal skillset..

A lot of the players talking, sounds like they don't mind that he's gone..some damning comments..don't think those have to do with gang relations, sounds like an attitude problem.

toto likes this.
  11. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Not at all. I just think it's poor form to leak a bunch of stuff about a guy after you release him.

12. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Yet they re-signed Cooper.

Whether or not Jackson ever flashed some gang sign, I have no idea. I have no idea what they look like and even if somebody pointed it out to me, it would mean nothing.

If true, it's a dumb thing to do certainly. Not grounds for release in my mind without something more.

Samphin likes this.
  13. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I think this has more to do with Jackson's price tag and The Eagles wanting to save face with their fans when they realized they were going to have to release him. Total character assassination.

I would grab him up in a heartbeat.

14. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Those things are equal in your mind?

15. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Nothing to do with work ethic. Its all about money, fighting with coaches and off field stuff.

16. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Jackson has done nothing wrong. He's been accused of nothing. He is friendly with a guy who got arrested.

This statement applies to hundreds of NFL players

17. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    I really don't think the Eagles are concerned exclusively with character considering the fact that Riley Cooper is still on the team, but I do respect them for not trying to dupe an unsuspecting team into a trade.

18. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Yet... he's going to be picked up very quickly.

I'm not one who cares about character issues. If you can play ball... I'm game.

19. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    While you make a valid point regarding the employment of players with questionable character and work ethics in the NFL. I will believe these things really matter in the NFL when Jackson fails to receive contract offers from no other team in the NFL.

While the Eagles may have decided Jackson was no longer a player they wanted on their roster because of his character issues, I have no doubt that there are going to be several other teams who will be willing to sign Jackson to a contract.

As far as our own head coach being on to something. When he actually leads this team to a winning season and a spot in the playoffs, I'll accept that he has the right idea on how to build an NFL team. Until then, he is still a HUGE question mark as an NFL head coach, IMO.

Puka-head likes this.
  20. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    He has 3 public, recorded instances of flashing gang signs. It would be an issue for me as a GM/HC.

toto likes this.
  21. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Lol, and if you believe that, then I have a bridge to sell you.

They tried trading him, had no takers, and made the decision to cut him. Knowing that cutting their best player would get a huge backlash from their fan base, they floated a story about gang relations and pulling some ruse about how they were unaware, despite having been contacted by the police a few years back about their questioning of Jackson in regards to a murder.

Face it, The a Eagles made a business decision as related to the cap, and, in an attempt to protect their brand, they destroyed DeSean's. If Ireland had done that here, people would have been ready to riot.

22. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Half the kids I teach flash gang signs because they see them in videos and they think its cool, it does not mean they are in a gang.

23. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    DeSean was in or affiliated with the Crips, hard to deny that. His record label says more than the various hand gestures. He was a headache and they wanted to move on, happens in the workplace everyday.

toto likes this.
  24. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    There are pictures all over the internet of Desean flashing the Crips sign both on and off the field.

His record company he owns is also called Jaccpot. Crips never use the CK together because they believe it stands for "Crip Killer", so they replace it with CC exactly like Jackson did on his label.

Also along with him being associated with many Crips who have been on trial before, he is also good friends with Snoop Dog, a known Crip.

Alex13, toto and djphinfan like this.
  25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why doesn't he spell his name Jaccson then?

CWBIII, Samphin and GMJohnson like this.
  26. NolePhin15

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Cause that's not his name?

toto likes this.
  27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Me too..go play for someone else G.

Conduct..your a millionare, your repping my organization, conform or gtfo..

Unity wins championships..you wanna be a rapper than go somewhere else.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    exactly, either conform or get lost, punks that don't appreciate their playing a game for millions don't deserve what they got.

I'll beat your *** with a bunch of lunch pail guys that will smack you around..

Knew I loved chip Kelly.

29. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    With the caveat that we really don't know why he was fired, the difference for Cooper is that he had been a good teammate and he was deeply apologetic. He "repented" of his wrong, if you well. There is forgiveness and mercy to players who are genuinely contrite. And, the fact that his teammates accepted him back had to be a big factor for the Eagles.

Jackson has never broken down and said, "I am terribly sorry and I should not do X." It's an apples/oranges comparison when you look into the realities. One guy showed abject humility; another has never been known to show that about most anything.

If the reason he was released had in part to do with gangs, it's likely a result of some investigations from the team and they just didn't like what they were seeing - especially in light of the Aaron Hernandez situation.

If the reason was his interaction with the coaches and players (and what is interesting is that none of his teammates were ripping the front office), well he's been a prima donna type player for a while and has been flippant about meetings and such - that's been 'out there' from the past. And that goes along with DJ's point.

May well be he just was not buying into Kelly's system very well and, that, along with some questionable associations and the cap # was just a bad cocktail to the Eagles.

TopLoader and Limbo like this.
  30. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Yup. And said this in another thread...this move is so crazy (playoff team cutting a pro bowler coming off his best year) and yet the Eagles players are not alarmed, outraged, or shaking their heads at the move. It's just weird. Something else must have been up.

And I'd guess that Philly offense won't lose a step. People said Chip needed a running QB...nope, Foles becomes unbelievably efficient. When Maclin went down people said they had no one to catch the ball opposite Jackson...nope, lowly Riley Cooper goes off. He has Sproles now, a couple solid TEs, probably a rookie WR from this loaded class. They'll be good.

toto likes this.
  31. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like Raider material to me. No thanks.

toto, 77FinFan and djphinfan like this.
  32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Seriously man, it's my choice as an owner, I owe him nothing because he's a great player, and just because he is, he knows he can act all wanna be G in my workplace?, with kids everywhere watching, if your not smart enough to know you shouldn't be promoting the G life, then your not smart enough for me to pay you millions, and you miss practices too, c ya..

No tolerance for arrogant and stupid.

gunn34, toto and xphinfanx like this.
  33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah and don't give me the old well, that's where he got his love, from in the hood, so that's all he ever knew growin up, everyone kissed his *** cause they knew his talent would make him rich and famous, and he keeps reppin, get smart son.

34. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Do those hand signals have a definite gang meaning?

35. NolePhin15

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009

Huh. I thought to be in the crips, you had to be unemployed, uneducated and prepared for a life behind bars (or a coffin) to prove that you're "a real man". They must have really lowered their standards to let him in.

37. scotty_irnbru

scotty_irnbru Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    He's friends with snoop dogg? The guy advertising insurance on my tv right now? I'll be honest, the world of gangs and gang symbols and 'affiliation' is so far removed from mine that I literally have no understanding of it. All these crips are the same? From freakonomics I understand they are almost licensees of the product. Nope, this whole thing makes no sense.

38. NolePhin15

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    [video=youtube;ePwOi2p1SQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePwOi2p1SQ8[/video]

Him and Snoop Dogg recorded a music video together. I believe they both went to the same high school. They both throw up the Crips sign a few times in the video.

And yes, Snoop Dogg is a Crip. He is a member of the Rollin' 20's Crip set from east LA.

39. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Would NOT be surprised to see New England sign him...since they've basically ditched the whole "Patriot Way" smoke and mirrors bulls***.

He's JUST their kinda guy. Hoodie will muzzle him and he'll have pro-bowl seasons.

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The only reason I think there's a chance that won't happen is because of Hernandez.