1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thigpen: I blame me

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    And that's fine. I respect him for owning up to being a complete horror show last night.

But my point was: Who really cares how calm and confident he sounds, or how much emotion he shows on the field, or even how he has the sack to admit that he sucks? None of this matters if he's gonna play at a low level CFL QB standard (no offense intended to the CFL here).

We've seen Eli Manning win a Superbowl with his Awww schucks attitude.
    We've seen Tom Brady in 2001 win a superbowl......waayyy before he had any of that competitive attitude he shows nowadays.

And not to bring Henne back into this. But with Pennington gone and Thigpen's performance last night, this may be the best thing for him. He may come back and say "Screw this! This is my team now. Neither of those guys could outperform me. I'm gonna start wingin it now." You may start getting the attitude you're looking for. Or at least closer to it. He no longer has to look over his shoulder

padre31 likes this.
  2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Sad thing is Henne shouldn't have got the hook.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I've been saying it since the benching...Henne is extra motivated now. It shouldn't have happened but the fact it did lit a fire in him. I can't wait to see him back on the field.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

I really hope he does adopt that attitude.

I'd like for him to enjoy trying to make plays and not so much worry about turning the ball over, but if he does, he should say exactly what Thigpen said, "Blame me (for trying to make plays down the field to help this team win games)"..just be bold about it, that imho is the one thing Henne is really missing imho.

5. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    So saying it's on me makes him good, this guy is a bum. to compare him to Henne is like comparing Henne to Marino.
    Thig is a third stringer, nothing more.

6. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    I blamed him for the loss and he took it, I cried a little.
    Thigpen is not an NFL QB he had a good drive after henne dominated the Titans Defense and that was enough for Padre to anoint him as the future the new Romo etc.
    He proved it in his first start.

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Sorry to say but thats Romo like to me. All of Romos performances are not always superman like either.

8. fin13

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    For all the critics of Henne, since he got the hook all the other QBs have looked pathetic, Sporano said that it was thigpen who chose to pass rather than run the ball, Thigpen is just not good enough if he was anywhere near Romo, we might have something.