1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that I don't get....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Nov 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    1. I do not understand what we are trying to do on offense, at all. We just seem to do things that make no sense. Seems like Henning is trying to be so clever that he puts the offense in a hole.

2. WTF is up with our time outs? How the F does Sparano call a time out with 1:33 left in the first half when we have the ball on the 5 yard line? We got lucky and ended up getting a FG at the half but come on, horrible call.

3. How the F do you call a time out with 14 seconds left in the game when all you are going to do is kick a FG? That time out caused us to have to kick the ball off AND play another play on defense. Just flat out stupid.

4. Once again we dominate in the first half only to get dominated in the 2nd half. That tells me that teams are making adjustments to what we are doing but our coaching staff can't figure out how to counter what other teams are doing.

5. Why was JT not able to advance the INT? There was no whistle to stop the play... I don't get that... BTW, that was a horrible call. It was a catch and Clayton was down by contact.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    very ugly

Miguel likes this.
  3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    As far as play calling and in game coaching decisions go, when you figure it out, please let me know. 'Cause I've been wondering the same thing and have absolutely no idea. :confused2:

gunn34 and DolfanTom like this.
  4. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Couldn't have said it better myself. And on that call, if we got lucky there, I guess the refs are even w/ us for the Saints game now? J/K

gunn34 likes this.
  5. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    could be but it was still a bad call...

6. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Yeah, thought so too.

Thank GOD we won, though. Rest of season would be nearly pointless if we lost.

Miguel likes this.
  7. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I have been a Sporano supporter but I am starting to have concerns about him and his coaching staff.

8. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    well, we are not going to beat the Panthers if we play like we did today. :no:

Miguel likes this.
  9. mi2cents

mi2cents New Member

[

3. How the F do you call a time out with 14 seconds left in the game when all you are going to do is kick a FG? That time out caused us to have to kick the ball off AND play another play on defense. Just flat out stupid.

the rule reads that if a penilty is called in the 2 min time area....the offending team is docked 10 seconds off the clock.......if we waited till 2 or 3 seconds and some one jumps or any such flag.....theres no time for the kick and the game would be over and we lose...........as far as i understand it

10. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I dont think that rule applys to a play in which the clock is not running. The purpose of the rule is to keep a team from getting a penalty on purpose to stop the clock.

11. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas

he couldn't advance it because it was called incomplete on the field. So when they reviewed it, they ruled the reciever didn't possess the ball to be ruled down by contact, and since it didn't hit the ground it was called an interception.

12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't understand the recent trend of criticizing the coaching staff for utterly inconsequential decisions. Its like there is some sort of bizarre Stockholm Syndrome here where people secretly wish we had another bad coaching staff. Really? You have a problem calling a timeout with fourteen seconds left? You know what the success rate on last second hail mary passes is? Can you tell me the last time one was successful in the NFL?

13. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    3. With 14 seconds if there is a bad snap the holder stands up and spikes the ball and we try to kick again. With 3 seconds left in the same situation we lose the game.

Ultra and DePhinistr8 like this.
  14. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    what he said

15. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think ref's from all the leagues are under fire for some aweful calls. The NFL, MLB, NBA.

16. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I got to take issue with the suggestion the defense is being poorly coached too. They are throwing near Belichickian levels of week to week gameplanning out there. If anything, the coaching is making the talent look better than it is. The defense isn't talented enough to shut down either the pass or the run without making adjustments that hurt one or the the other.Nor can they cover a good tight end with anyone in a season that has them facing the rogue gallery of elite ends in the league save a couple.