1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do before the interview

Discussion in 'Jobs Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Make sure you research the company, whether it is there own website or google, do your homework, so when they ask you what do you know about us, you look like a star.:up:

Some other things that you may want to do is have a list of references, and a salary history typed up in case they ask for that as well. Also before you put peoples names down on the list as a reference, make sure you ask them first, so they know to expect some phone calls.

Regan21286 and alen1 like this.
  2. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I used this today and it seemed to go over well. If the interviewer doesn't ask you what you know about the company, try to put the companies information into the conversation. Today I was asked what do you like about Petsmart? I said I like the company vision, and I explained it to her, along with the companies success with opening new stores, and pet hotels as well. I also liked there return on investment(ROI) being a quick turnaround for profits in a 5 year period, and gave the percentages.

I don't know it all, and don't pretend to, but in this journey to find a job, I thought this forum could be helpful to others. If it helps someone in the future, then great.:hi5:

alen1 likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Best of luck John. Hope you get the job.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    It didn't work out in the end. Both interviews went really well.:wink2: I appreciate the support brother.:up:

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Thanks bro, this'll come in handy soon enough.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.