1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is just awful...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 1armychick, Jul 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 1armychick

1armychick New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    This story just happened in San Antonio, TX...

Update:
    San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told reporters Monday that Otty Sanchez’s attack on her son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez, was “too heinous” to fully discuss.

Police say the 33-year-old Sanchez told officers who were called to her house early Sunday that she killed her son at the devil’s request.

Sanchez is charged with capital murder and is being held on $1 million bail. She is recovering from her wounds at a hospital.

CAUTION: Link contains graphic content...
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/breaking/6548023.html

EDIT: Here is the front page story from the San Antonio Newspaper:

The 33-year-old woman who police said ... had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and postpartum psychosis before the slaying, the family said Monday.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ther_diagnosed_with_depression_psychosis.html

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Nothing worse than the old 'devil made me do it' line of BS. You're a freaking psychotic ***** that killed your child lady, the devil wouldn't waste his time with you. :pity: RIP kiddo, you deserved a better mom, hope you get another chance.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I just had a friend send this to me

Do us all a favor Armychick, with this much "Shock" value, just a snippet (not graphic) and a warning. :pity:

I have absolutely no idea what in the hell is happening to Society, but it seems to be getting worse.....not sure it could ever get worse than this though

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    i do not agree with that. It just a few hundred years ago when you would be cheering this act

Fin D likes this.
  5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    One crazy ***** represents the rest of us? Just as many bad things happened in the past...

RIP to the baby, no one deserves something like that.

6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    We'd also be persecuting other people due to racial and religious differences.....:shifty:....wait a minute, bad example.

Frumundah Finnatic and Fin D like this.
  7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    we do not live in a perfect society by any means. I just don't see it getting worse.

There are some thing that are not where they need to be, however there are some areas were we are head and shoulder's above. Some areas where just 100 years ago we have turned 180 degrees, at least in this country.

8. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I often wonder if things are getting worse, or is the information more readily available for the masses now?

9. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Seems about right... I mean, without the internet.. I bet this story doesn't get passed around beyond Texas...

10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I guess

I say the horrors I have to be vigilant in regards to my daughters is exponentially greater than what my parents faced with me

Regardless, I agree with you

RIP

opfinistic likes this.
  11. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Only because information is more readily available, not because similar things didn't happen.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I think the "Devil made me do it" defense is a ploy so that she can plead Not Guilty by reason of insanity. Much like the "Sleep Walk Defense", these sickos will try and say they had no control of their actions.

Luckily, jury members have done a pretty good job of seeing through this BS and bringing these murderers to justice.

1armychick and opfinistic like this.
  13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    what the ****......

lets not waste anytime here.....kill the stupid *****. you would have to be one sick ****er to defend this ***** in court......

may god have mercy on that little babies soul, i hope he died quickly.....the pain must've been unimaginable...........god damn :pity:

1armychick likes this.
  14. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Look where she lived...probably didn't have insurance.

Which means, her post-partum depression never got treated. PPD can make a person psychotic, resulting in extreme cases like this.

This is as much on us as a society as it is on her; if we had a decent medical system in place, one in which everyone had access to ALL medical care, not just basic care for the poor, this might have been avoided.

And I know what I'm talking about: I'm writing this sitting here with a broken molar, in miserable pain because I have no insurance.

15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I agree with you, and I'll be the first to say mental illness and states' inability to treat such cases (looking at you, Florida) have been pathetic to say the least, but I get the feeling given her excuse that she knew what she was doing. Either way, it's sad and a shame no one saw warning signs that could've prevented it.

EDIT: OK, I just read what she actually did to the baby. I may be wrong about mental state and ability to recognize what she was doing. Horrible.

NaboCane likes this.
  16. 1armychick

1armychick New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    She probably didn't even have her own checkup at this point. Usually the woman's post delivery checkup is at 6 weeks. The baby would have been to a checkup, but the doc would have been more concerned about the health of the baby than the mother.

Our health care system has failed many people. I hate to hear that you are in such pain and cant do anything about it.

(I could knock you out and pull the molar with a pair of pliers if that would help)

gunn34, NaboCane and HardKoreXXX like this.
  17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why is this "devil made me do it" excuse universally accepted as bunk, but a preacher claims god talks to him considered inspirational and well, not bunk? Discuss.

gunn34, Frumundah Finnatic and SICK like this.
  18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't think it's universally accepted as bunk. Infact, I think there are still a few Churches in the Southwest Florida area that claim the Devil has done things to people (my best friend was a member of one).

Fin D likes this.
  19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    People say it is bunk because she is using it in a court of law, at least IMO. I would feel some guy was just as loony if he killed a child and said God made him do it, which I'm pretty sure has happened fyi.
    Now if you are asking if people believe the devil influences people then I'm sure you will get a resounding yes. I personally believe humans are evil enough without a devil, but thats just me.

gunn34, 1armychick and like2god like this.
  20. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    You're teasing again. :chuckle:

No, it's broken down to below the gumline, so it's gonna require surgery. I'm going to a walk-in clinic tomorrow, but no guarantee they'll even be able to see me...and if they do, instead of doing a root canal around the broken tooth, if any others are infected they'll just yank them out too. And I'm way too young to be toofless.

As to the mental state of the woman...what she did is so heinous as to call into question her sanity, no doubt about that; to do that to ANY baby - let alone your own, which you just gave birth to - takes a degraded mental state above and beyond the run-of-the-mill murderous rage.

Miamian likes this.
  21. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Meh, this had nothing to do with whether she had insurance or not, in the article itself it says that the mother filed a report because her daughter went missing so she could run off and do drugs. That's more than likely what F'd her up, even the neighbors reported that she was "in a world of her own". Either way, this ***** needs to die, the more horrific the better.

Because one is used to inspire good and the other has been used as an insanity defense for forever whenever a person realizes that they are in hot water?

I think a better comparison would have been a basketball player saying that his team won because God favored his team over the other, rather than trying to dismiss religion as a whole. :wink2:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No. Plenty of people have killed because god told them to do it. Susan Smith for example.

I'm not trying to dismiss anything, by the way.

23. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Well, at the very least, it was a very broad example. :wink2:

Using Susan Smith is a better example (although I think you mean Andrea Yates) and yes that is bunk when you consider what the word of God says and the heinous crime that she committed.

24. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    see that, the devil just made you lie to us :escape2:

25. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    BTW: I completly apologize if I came across too harshly 1armychick
    I very highly regard what you bring to the site.....

26. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    see that now the devil has azfinfan lying. :pity: I think this thread needs an exorcism.

1armychick and azfinfanmang like this.
  27. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    :shifty:

:pity:

1armychick and unluckyluciano like this.
  28. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    You know guys, you never know. The exercism of Emily Rose.....well documented demonic posessions. It could've happened. If not, "the devil made me do it" is not for the judicial system, and her ploy to declare mental insanity. For someone to to truly do that to a baby is either posessed, or really ill, and mentally insane. I can't see it any other way.

Poor baby. I feel terrible for it.

29. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm not going to read this..refuse to. I don't need that on my mind.

But as we addressed awhile ago in the thread about the Canadian Cannibal bus incident....never EVER underestimate the power of mental illness. Unless you've been around it you might not understand, but believe me it is capable of bringing even the strongest of people to their knees.

1armychick likes this.
  30. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Amen.

31. 1armychick

1armychick New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    No worries! I posted this and then realized that it was very graphic and I gave no warning. I should have said something to the affect that it was a violent story. You were just doin' your job! :up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  32. 1armychick

1armychick New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Moi, teasing? Good luck with the walk-in clinic. If they don't do a root canal, I'm sure there are plenty of us with drills and spoons...

The fact that she was diagnosed as schizophrenic a year before getting pregnant eludes to her degraded mental status. If she wasn't on her meds (a statement was made that she left that at her boyfriend's mother's house), then she definitely was in a bad state of mind and voices would not surprise me. Posts have been made about those that were not directly involved - the mental facility where she went days before killing her child, the cops that were called when she didn't buckle the carseat in, her family that was aware of her illness and heard multiple times that she needed help - and how society failed this child.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  33. 1armychick

1armychick New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Not only do I feel for the baby, I feel for those that loved that child and now have to live with this nightmare. My prayers are with them.

34. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks for validating my point about the value added with both this and the previous post.

God please bless those thatloved this little guy. They have to be in absolute anguish over this :pity:

1armychick likes this.
  35. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Absolutely disgusting, I wouldnt have shown a lot of restraint if I was the officer who made the arrest.

who is Susan Smith?

36. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008

Drove her kids into a lake then claimed they were kidnapped.

37. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    That was actually in Florida wasn't it?

Funny, I don't remember the "God" angle being involved in that one. :shifty:

like2god likes this.
  38. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Susan Smith

azfinfanmang likes this.
  39. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    funny how susan smith blames a black man, that runaway bride blamed a mexican, etc. Really shows how rampant racism still is in this country.

40. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well those two examples are from the South, where racism is more common...