1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"This is no longer last years Dolphins"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinFan_Est.1984, Aug 25, 2008.

1. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    The 1-15 Dolphins of last year are a thing of the past. The NFL propaganda of "Believe in Now" seems to have been adopted entirely by The Miami Dolphins. New front office, new head coach, new veteran qb, new o-line and d-line and a new mentality of toughness and winning have been brought to South Florida. We will shock many and it will be beautiful. Below is a beautiful prelude to the 2008 season that Andy Cohen wrote . Let the good times roll :up:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/andycohen.asp?contentID=5995

PMZQ, DaFish, Puka-head and 2 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I cant take credit for this statement but when i heard i thought it was beautifully poetic........

'This years dolphin team would Kick last years dolphin teams ***'.

beautiful, right? is there really anything more to say

PMZQ likes this.
  3. brparkway

brparkway Season Ticket Holder

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA. U.S.
    After the KC game, I feel fairly safe in saying that we at least aren't the WORST team in the NFL this year.

PMZQ likes this.
  4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think the coach should compile a bunch of clips of all the commentators talking about them being a 1-15 team this preseason and play that for an hour or so before every game this year. I remember one of the guys on NFL network saying that Pennington will now make them a 5 win team. If that doesn't motivate them I don't know what will.

HULKFish and opfinistic like this.
  5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Those clowns will eat their words. Every time I read or hear that garbage, I laugh inside. They honestly have no idea how much this team has improved, and I can only hope that all our opponents this season will be as short-sighted as all these so-called 'experts'.

I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of 'Where did these guys come from?' articles around week 15... when we're 8-6, and fighting for a playoff spot.

6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    As bad as this team had become and after all of the terrible drafts and personnel decisions, I never would have thought this team would come together this quickly.
    Maybe finally our hopes and excitement will be for real and not just another heartbreak and dispair. Lord knows we have had plenty of that!
    Now we can look forward to future drafts with eagerness and excitement and not with gloom and apprehension.

HULKFish likes this.
  7. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Gotta love Andy Cohen. Every time there's a regiment change, he publishes exactly the same article again, giving rave reviews about the new staff being oh so much better than the old one, conjuring up the old "there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel" rhetoric and getting everyone riled up only to have their expectations totally shattered ... except ... this time he might be right. It should be titled "This is no longer last year's paid for enthusiatic column (this time I mean it)".

Colorado Dolfan, MrClean and Fin D like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    exact half of these players would say I WASNT 1 AND 15. but good idea nonetheless

9. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Amen, praise the Lord and Glory Hallelujah ! :wink2:

10. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    meh.... that bit would be a LOT more enjoyable to read if it didn't come from the miami dolphins website. ;)

we all know that the confidence in there inside the building. i'd love to see it out in the mainstream press as well. :beer:

11. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    It was also a bit critical too. Read the whole thing.