1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is our superbowl rejoice now!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'm going crazy, I honestly feel as if the SUPERBOWL was this weekend.

It's been so LONG since any game meant anything!! This week is the biggest game in the last 5+ years Over 80 games and none of them meant anything.

This game means everything!

It means the rebirth of a franchise who has risen out of the ashes of mediocrity. It means the ability for the fins in One week to utterly disappoint the entire AFC east and server notice that we are back, and hungry.

With one win we Win the division, I mean i cant believe im saying this I never imagined this at all this year! Could you!??

With one win, The JETS are bounced from the playoffs at the hands of their own player.. How many times has this happened (us losing due to old players coming back to haunt us!) Now it's our turn!!!

With one win, The Patriots are OUT of the playoffs, not only would we have embarrassed them at their home, but the weak fins booted the mighty patriots from the playoffs.

With one win, we HOST a playoff game... Win or lose that game we did it!!!

This is our Superbowl, the Drama surrounding it is huge, Farve vs Pennington (who should be the MVP of the league) pro-Bowl is a joke anymore..

I'm having a major party at the house, Wings, Beer, Big TV and more.. THIS IS MY SUPERBOWL...

If we win and get into the playoffs it's all Frosting, I never expected it, I'm not disappointed if we lose game 1 of the playoffs if we try hard.

Thank You for making this year a fun event, I forgot how much fun football is when your backing a winning team!!!!

ENJOY THIS WEEK FINS FANS THIS IS OUR SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

sorry I'm kinda excited :)

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I get the point of your thread and agree that it's a huge game. But it's not our superbowl. Only teams eliminated from postseason contention claim a regular season game is their superbowl. We still have a shot at the REAL superbowl!

:up:

3. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    While I agree get in and anything can happen, I'm being pretty realistic though I hold out hope, but in my heart of hearts I don't think we are consistent enough to win the big one.

Our defense has been the sore spot on the team this year, and in the playoffs Defenses win championships for the most part. We are missing a few of those pieces. Though you are right anything can happen Im just not holding my breath that we can take out the top tear teams with what we got..

4. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    People were probably saying the same thing about the Giants last year. Anyway, my point was not that we will definitely win the superbowl but it was to point out the fact that saying a regular season game is "our superbowl" is, pardon the expression, loser talk. It's something a team like the Lions, or sadly us last season would be saying about their week 17 game. Not calling you a loser by any means, I'm just saying we're better than those types of teams this year. :hi5:

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    MB to be fair, without beating the JETS we do not have a shot at the real playoff mode 12 team post season SuperBowl. Its not loser talk, its regular season reality.

I think this team is indeed treating this game as our SuperBowl. Sparano has said as much following the NE loss. The build up to this game is the SuperBowl of the regular season.

Lets all meet half way here and know, this is the SuperBowl of the regular season...its win and in, or fail and sail.:hi5:

So, for the Regular Season we earned this right. We arent backing in to this thing.

Once we take care of business in NY, then we move on to other scenarios!:up:

mullingan likes this.
  6. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    AH-MEN BROTHA'! Can I get a witness?

Well said... Hopefully we can muster enough juice to roll the Jets over in there house... There is all too many reasons that would be so sweet!

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  7. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I agree 100% with the sentiment you guys have in this thread. It's a huge game and everything is on the line.

I just have a real problem calling a regular season game our superbowl. I think that's a saying reserved for bad teams playing for nothing at this point in the season, and since this team has worked so hard to be in a position to play a game that means everything, we shouldn't look at it as our superbowl. We should assume our season continues after week 17. Right?

How about we just call it the game of the year!?

BigDogsHunt likes this.