1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****This IS the week 8 GameDay Thread!!!****

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Oct 27, 2013.

1. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That extension is no different than what Sparano received. I don't think it will affect whether or not he stays.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That's how I recall it going down too. Which is disappointing if Ireland and Philbin arent on the same page and its leaving our coaching staff trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Id like to think its not a case of the coaches not knowing what to do with these guys. I mean theyve all been around the game a long, long time. Surely they should be able to figure it out and adapt.

When you see a guy like Nolan Carroll on the field still, while Taylor and Davis are inactive... something clearly isnt right in either the personnel department, or the coaching department.

djphinfan, Bpk and byroan like this.
  3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    They all have to go. Each and every one of them. At this point I'll put Jay Gruden on the radar to replace Philbin. I like Philbin, I think he's a stand up guy but as a coach we know you were not the one running things in Green Bay.

byroan likes this.
  4. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Why did Lamar Miller head to the sideline on that screen pass. The middle was open. He shows no sign of vision.
    That should have easily been a TD. Very disappointing.

5. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Mike Wallace was a big waste of money. He sucks ***.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Looking at the box score, why did OV's penalty nullify the sack Jimmy Wilson got on Tom Brady? Shouldn't it have been from the spot of the foul which was after the sack?

cuchulainn likes this.
  7. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Watching this Denver/Washington game is frustrating me even more about our own team. We saw a screen pass to Wallace today, got us a chunk of yards and a conversion... We've rarely seen that this year. Just watched Manning throw a screen to Thomas for the TD... really frustrating that we dont do more to get Wallace the ball so he can use his speed. Instead Sherman just sends him deep over, and over and over again.

So again the question apparently is... are Ireland and Philbin & staff really on the same page? Its almost as if Ireland was like. yeah, I just signed the "best" WR available in Wallace!! While Philbin & Sherman are like.. uh... we do what with him now? How does he fit into this west coast offense?

Something isnt making sense here.

Bpk likes this.
  8. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Even though I think that at this point, everybody needs to go. Is Ireland's talent evaluation really that off? I mean....our guys go and do pretty good elsewhere. Vontae is balling pretty good. Donald Thomas is a starter. Satele was a starter until he went down. Erik Walden even starts. Sean Smith starts on one of the best defenses in football. I mean...they may not work out for us....but they aren't busts. These guys start and are productive elsewhere. At this point I think he's just "injury prone" and needs to go anyway. But it's not like he's Al Davis.

9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Shawn Murphy and Pat White are the only unequivocal busts I believe (not counting 6th and 7th rounders, only because my memory fails me aside from John Nalbone).

10. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ireland has a thing about him that, each time he picks up someone you say "I don't get why he drafted this guy, when this other same position and more skilled guy was available at that pick". Or a "he could have been had at later rounds".

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    We had 6 runs in the 2nd half (5 drives) before we went down 27-17. That's after running the ball over 20 times in the 1st half and having success with it IMO. Additionally, we had two 3rd and 2's in the 3rd quarter where we passed the ball instead of trying to run (one in FG range where we got an 8 yard loss on a sack, the other almost was picked off for 6). Obviously execution matters, but I did think running was the right call in those instances because of how we well had been doing (NE scored on both drives following those drives).

PhinGeneral, Bpk, maynard and 3 others like this.
  12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Hell, on our first drive of the half we came out in empty backfield sets. It's almost as if Sherman went into the room at halftime and said k guys, we ran the ball well. Bellichick is going to adjust, and try and stop our run. So... I'll beat him to it, We're going to not run the ball. Its like this staff has zero faith in their talent on the field.

ToddPhin likes this.
  13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    We seem very inventive and creative at times and we go into this mode where its 3 wide and everything is 10 yards down the field. We have a very odd system for accounting for the blitz

Bpk likes this.
  14. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Its almost as if we dont even pay attention to the tendencies of the defense, we just do our own thing while Sherman upstairs thinks he's going to outsmart everyone ... "Hmmm.. Bill is going to stop my run... I wont run! Muhahaha! Lets go 5 wide! .... Blitz? What's that!?!? Oops... "

maynard likes this.
  15. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    My God that is spot on! Sherman seems to try to play chess more with this offense than just run the offense. The way he tries to outthink the other coordinator and be cute in going against down and distance percentages..is almost paralyzing. I don't give a rats *** if they have 11 in the box...run the damn football when we need to run the damn football!

16. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    really closing in on the Pats for the division. always will be chasing them, so sad

17. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Did anyone figure out whAt the hell Nate Garner and Trunsik did on that blocked FG???? garner just stood there and looked paralyzed while Trunsik just let both guys run right past him. My jaw hit the ground when they showed the replay

Bpk likes this.
  18. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Can anyone name a single facet of the game, including coaching, in which we are dominating other good teams? No? There's the problem.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Maybe because no one else on the team has turned the ball over except Tannehill.?.. That's an an amazing unusual stat 7 games in.

20. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Patrick Turner. Clyde Gates is heading that way

21. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You're right. I had removed Turner from my memory banks.

22. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    And I'm so tempted to add Philip Merling, because of his draft status and his performance ...