1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is what happens

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Zeke0123, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    When you have 4 new linebackers 1 corner 1 safety and various DL playing in new spots in a NEW defense...The Dolphins D Will get better over this season.. integrating a new interior OL and #1 WR has also taken some time.

This team is young and at the beginning of the learning curve.. barring injuries the 2010 Miami Dolphins are only going to ascend from here on out.

The Wolf is Still HUNGRY its a good thing just wait and see.

SeanP, DOLPHAN1 and BlameItOnTheHenne like this.
  2. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    No guarantee any of this will be better next year. None. Who else might we lose? You never know whats going to happen. We are what we are...and that is...worse than the Jets.

3. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Feel free to root for them if you like them so much.

GMJohnson likes this.
  4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    First off, you're making it sound like the Jets are a terrible football team. (They aren't. I hate them. But they aren't)

And really, i don't even think most Jets fans would agree with your statement. The Jets didn't pulverize us. They didn't walk away from this game thinking they're winning this division with ease. This division is a 3 team race and all 3 teams are killing each other right now.

GMJohnson likes this.
  5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    After a day to get past the heartbreak of that loss, it does give a lot of things to be optimistic for in the future.

Our Defense played great against Minnesota. If it can be consistent, then watch out.

The same can be said for the Offense against the Jets. They've got one of the best defenses in the league. If we can play like that, every night, we'll be set.

One thing is for sure now though, we know that both units can be great. We just need them both to be great every night.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    If we were good now there would be no guarantee we would get better or stay the same. I believe thats called life................

7. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Hmm.. where have I heard this before.......Oh right I have heard it every year since 1994.

FinFan316 likes this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I respectfully disagree...this is what happens when you continually play your game close to the vest, under utilize arguably your best offensive weapon, have piss poor STs and have a very young D... It's true that Misi, Wake, Doggins, Clemons, Davis, et al are inexperienced and will have ups and downs, but the D, with all the issues it had, played well enough to pull this one out... The O played just about well enough, save for a few mistimed or flaky offensive calls to pull this one out....again, I'll say that this is one that we'll want back in January...we'll all say, coaches, players, and fans...'We shoulda had this one...'

FinFan316 and Zeke0123 like this.
  9. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    Oh this is rich. Because they came down to our stadium and laid the smack on us, I am now invited to be a jets fan? Thats a pathetic response. Hopefully, you are better than that, because that kind of post warrants no respect at all.

10. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    It has become somewhat of a mantra...."just wait, we'll improve"...and in waiting we've gone 4-12, 6-10, 1-15, 7-9...and one playoff win?

And yet a long parade of people come out week after week, year after year, and say things like, "this loss isnt that bad, we showed promise, blah, blah, blah....."

This was our best chance probably to have a dominant team in who knows, maybe forever. We had a young QB, gave him a top 5 WR who wasnt even on our team when we beat the Jets last year (and they were missing their best CB). We added the best available LB in FA...he wasnt here when we beat the Jets last year...

So, an improved Henne, adding two of the best players at their positions....and we now LOSE to the Jets. doesnt compute in my book. No good answer, no acceptable excuse.

We'll be sitting here again next year saying the same ol same ol....oh well, it is what it is...a shame. And the Dolphins are what they are....a team that cant beat the Jets.

11. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    Yep...woulda coulda shoulda...and once again under this coaching staff...we did not. Its habitual.