1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why i don't pay attention to Mock's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
  2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I've heard that the corners you can get in the second round are pretty close talent wise to the corners that would go in the first. In fact, I've heard a majority of the draft is like that. Which certainly makes it more exciting.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I like it and i'll take it, cushing is versatile, can play the inside as well, drops back in coverage smoothly and closes fastly..

I also agree with the sliding of one Brian orakpo...him, maybin and brown ive been touting as way overrated relative to their draft projection, for a long time.

Big E likes this.
  4. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

I pay attention to mocks because:
    1. Some are interesting
    2. Some are downright humorous and obviously not done by a person knowledgable of the game
    3. There's no other football happening now, it's the only game in town

But none of them are even 50% accurate through the end of the 1st round, much less later on. So it's just a filler between the end of the season and the draft, which is just that much time I'm not working....

5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    to do the 'best' mock, you would have to know each FO and their tendencies and/or history -- additionally, you would have to study their roster of impending FAs, needed upgrades and depth at each position.

not all of this data is available, since some FOs don't have a history ...

no matter, there are almost always about 5 different ways to go at each pick ... so even the best armed analyst will not get it right once you get passed the 1st 10 picks.