1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This made me mad

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Aug 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Read this in this article: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/01/1756932/miami-dolphins-living-on-past.html#ixzz0vPiAj0Q7 [It is a good article by the way, you should read it]

The Dolphins, who once owned the state as Super Bowl champions, consistent winners and Florida's only professional sports team, now stand as the least-accomplished such team since their last AFC Championship appearance. Yet they still find themselves beneficiaries of a sort of rote support and optimism.

I just realized that since the last time the Dolphins won the AFC Championship, actually since they last appeared in the game in January 1993, every other major Florida team has won something more recently then the Dolphins. Marlins, Heat won championships. Panthers made it to the stanley cup. Devil Rays made the WS, Bucs won Super Bowl, even the Jaguars made the AFC Championship more recently then the Dolphins[havent won though], Magic won Eastern Conference, Lightning won a stanley cup. I'm not from Florida so I don't really care, but that is kind of annoying. I mean...even the Devil Rays! However, none of that combined is as bad as if the Jets were to actually win something. I mean, they lost the AFC Championship and look at all the talk and hype. Imagine if they win it. I'll cry and really be depressed.

Well, I know it's tougher to win in the NFL since you don't get a "best of" series or anything. And at least of all those teams the Dolphins have still been the most successful in terms of winning consistently, but damn we need at least an AFC Championship soon.

2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Dolphins were division champs 2 years ago if that counts for something.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    The article is stupid. Why?

Fanaticism - wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm

By the very definition, it's not explainable......

4. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I think this is the year we win the AFC Championship.

Dolphins1Beatles and late again like this.
  5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Funny a thread like this appears this evening.
    I pulled the '82 AFC championship game out of my collection today and watched it tonight. Damn that was great game. The rain, AJ Duhe, the electricity in the OB. I want to get back to that feeling so damn bad. I have the '92 AFC title game against the Bills but can't stomach watching that.
    I need something new :wink2:

finyank13 likes this.
  6. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    The article is fine and well (facts are facts) but the past decade was a VERY dark time for this franchise. It happens to just about every NFL (actually sports in general) franchise though. How many years did the Colts exist in obscurity, the Packers pre-Favre, the Saints, hell before last year when did the Jests last make it to an AFC championship game? When Shula retired and subsequently Marino our organization was left without any direction or clue of where to go. It took 10 years to find a FO, coaches, and hopefully players that will make us contenders again, but at the end of the day it happens to everybody sooner or later.

7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    It's not stupid, I said up there it's a good article and everyone should read it. It's just a bit frustrating to think every other Florida team has won a big championship since 1993, or in the Jaguars case appeared in one. I love the Dolphins and It's just frustrating that it's been so long since they've played in any game of that caliber, especially since of all those Florida based teams, the Dolphins without a doubt have the biggest and most fanatic fanbase, which the article talks about. They have a fanbase all over the country/world. I know that championship is coming though.

DolfanJake likes this.
  8. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    The only Florida team I'm concerned about is the Dolphins. Good for the Heat, Marlins and Panthers to have gotten where they did over time.

At the same time, F those teams. It's all about the Dolphins in my eyes.

Dolphins1Beatles likes this.
  9. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    This is why I always consider the Huizenga ownership one of the worst ever. He had the tools & money, yet could never put it together. I am hoping for better results with Ross, and things look better than they have in a long time, but it still makes me cringe
    all the wasted years under H. Wayne.... :tantrum: