1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This may be the best thing Mondo could ever do for this team.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Exposing the buffoonery surrounding the front office and the subsequent Tannehill holdout.
    Oh sure, missing his rookie training camp is "no biggie" irish and Aponte. He doesn't need the reps, the coaching, the experience among his teammates.

Here's to Jason Allen 2.0. Our last of the great hold outs. Castrate that young man's career:up:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/28/2916897/unsigned-ryan-tannehill-miami.html

2. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    We have possibly the most inept GM in the league, what do you expect. The fact that Tannehill still isn't in camp over something so pointless as offset language is just embarrassing, especially considering that if he's cut before his deal is up Ireland and Philbin don't need to worry about saving any money because this entire regime wont even be here.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, as I've said, Tannehill is Ireland's, it is on him, he will remain GM or be fired on how THill develops.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
  5. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    [​IMG]

6. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    What's going to suck is that we're eventually going to cave in and leave offset language out. We could have caved in sooner and let him be in camp day one.

7. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    As reactive as the ownership and front office have been to the fans and media lately, the bigger point of this thread is that, Mondo, for once, could do our team a solid if this reaches the right audience. And if our front office doesn't fall in line and cave like every other team in the league at this position, it needs to be publicized. It's on them.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    yeah it sucks that he is not here, but i still like ireland as a GM and probably i'm in the minority on this

9. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

You are not alone.

ToddPhin and Sleepy like this.
  10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Ya I'm sure that extra 2-3 days of TC would of made Jason Allen a probowler.

11. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Exactly, I mean honestly at this point I hope Ross steps in and forces Ireland to get this deal done.

12. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I really hated the bad national press the Dolphin's were getting earlier this year, little of it justified IMO. However, maybe some ridicule from the NFL press at large and the local press as well, will wake up Ireland and Co. as to the foolishness and unfairness of their position on this. God knows, we need something to get them to wake up.

13. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    He missed a lot, and never caught up.

You really could care less about Tannehill missing this time?

Sent from my iPhone

14. ncdolfan

ncdolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It's not a big deal at this time - I don't really care because I don't want Tannehill to play early anyway. For all we know, the Dolphins don't really care at this point because it gives Garrard and Moore more reps and removes the distraction of trying to split the reps 3 ways (4 if you count Devlin). The media will be all over how Tannehill is performing - especially in the first couple of practices.

If this was a strategy by the Dolphins, I'm OK with it. Given that he's not in camp, almost everyone is discounting is ability to start day one - which I think is a good thing.

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I certainly could care a lot less about any of our players missing time, especially our 1st round pick QB.

BlameItOnTheHenne and CaribPhin like this.
  16. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Missing any of training camp is never good for any player no matter who it is.

17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Right, so that makes him a worthy comparison to Tannehill. Riiiight.

Well I'm certainly not going to ovaryact after he misses 2 days in TC.

steveincolorado and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  18. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Your saying that time he missed made a difference in his career?

19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Wait, are you saying Jason Allen sucked because he missed a few days of training camp his rookie year?

Sleepy and DHPVW like this.
  20. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Grammar is always important.

Sleepy, finyank13 and Stitches like this.
  21. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Tannehill is going to play at some point this season, he might not start week 1 but this team isn't going to be that good with Garrard or moore, so there will be a point in the season where we're out of playoff contention and Tannehill is thrown in there, Ireland's career rides on this guy panning out and if he comes in and absolutely stinks it up because he missed valuable practice time in camp due to a lengthy holdout over something so silly as offset language? how are you going to sell him to the fans and more importantly your owner that this guy is the answer?

And by the way, one injury could bump Tannehill from 3rd to 2nd string. Not to mention the fact that one of the veteran QBs might be released if the other vet significantly outplays him...which would mean again, Tannehill is the backup. There are plenty of factors that you guys are overlooking that could result in Tannehill hitting the field sooner rather than later, the bottom line is he needs to be prepared to play THIS season, whether it's early or later. And this is hurting his chances of being physically and mentally prepared when he does see the field.

Mexphin likes this.
  22. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    It's really silly and needless. For whatever reason, the Dolphins have to be different than everyone else in the Top 9 and prove something. And at the expense of the 'franchise QB', no less.

You're not paying him much in this new CBA. Consider it a cost of doing business.

Really not a fan of this. It's the kind of thing the Bengals would do. It's bush league now. And the Dolphins are really risking more than just Tannehill's 2012 prospects now. They're risking their own reputation.

Say Tannehill/Dye cave and the Dolphins get their offset language. You just caused Dye harm professionally. Best believe he'll be less inclined to steer clients towards Miami in the future. And then you begin getting that reputation of being difficult and/or unreasonable, which influences agents and can be used against you by other teams.

It's already happening. Look at the whole fiasco with Matt Flynn. He takes a red eye from Seattle via Los Angeles to meet with us, and we essentially waste his time. Granted, Flynn isn't viewed by Miami or Seattle as a great player, but they still reportedly negotiated all day and were miles apart. And the player left frustrated.

Conversely, the longer you take this....and end up caving, you get that initial ridicule for your sin, and then further the perception that the team is run by a bunch of clueless idiots.

Just cut your 'losses' and get it over with. Jesus.

rafael, Zippy, jake23 and 6 others like this.
  23. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012

We've basically BECOME the Bungles.

24. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I can't wait to see Hard Knocks and learn what's really up.

Sleepy and UCF FINatic like this.
  25. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think it's a dumb hold-out for both sides, and no one wins this one. Not even the agent if the Fins cave. He's hurt just as much professionally imo by not having his guy in camp on time as he would be by accepting offset language.

No winner, only losers.

Sleepy, finyank13 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  26. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Exactly what I was thinking... They have to address this in the show.

27. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This doesnt surprise me. During the lockout our front office pushed harder then any other that i know of for offset language in every rookie contract. Its not Irelands baby, its the negotiating staffs. He should step in though and tell them its not a reasonable request.

ToddPhin likes this.
  28. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I think Jason Allen was hurt by the mismanagement of the organization and staff, as well as missing more than just a few days of camp. Nothing is more important than getting these boys off on the right foot.

Sent from my iPhone

29. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    22.2% of your posts begin with "Eh, ..."

:)

30. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    It's not a dumb hold out for Tannehill or his agent. If they cave, it would essentially put him out of business, and give Tanny a subpar contract. Dolphins brass aren't falling in what's a very clear line hear. It's asinine.

Sent from my iPhone

jake23 likes this.
  31. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Well said.

Let's be honest. Missing some training camp isn't going to hurt Tannehill's career. But that isn't why this is a dumb move by the Dolphins.

32. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    And the worst part, it's basically over a clause that sends the message, "we dont believe in you, and we don't believe in ourselves or our own decisions."

Sent from my iPhone

ckparrothead and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  33. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I like Ireland too, but the haters will all probably AssUMe that the offset language is his idea. I'd be more willing to bet that since this is basically about guaranteed money that the idea came from higher up the ladder than Ireland.

34. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    yeah it may be only 2 days....but remember it isnt over yet.....

what if 2 days becomes say 10?? 15? 20 days? Who caves in this? This certainly has the makings of a prolonged thing....

35. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The padre just has a habit of clearing his throat before he speaks I guess, even when it's speaking through his keyboard. And, if your 22.2% is actually accurate, then you have too much free time on your hands. :D I'm guessing it is more like 34.7%

36. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    its more like 53,4 %

37. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Tannehill will not be starting come 1st regular season game anyway. Front Office know this hence they are playing hard ball. Dumb but some ppl might have seen this coming. Gerrard and Moore it is then.

38. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    LOL. The last time he started a post with that I kidded him that now officially 3 of his last 8 posts have started with "Eh, ..." (all you have to do is click on the person's name and pick "View Forum Posts" from the dropdown), and now he did it again so I counted 4 of his last 18 posts (22.2%) lol.

MrClean likes this.
  39. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    The whole thing just makes our organization look bad. Dawn Aponte was fired from the Browns for a reason...

40. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The thing that hurt Jason Allen was the fact he had no talent.