1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This place is toxic

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    And its the entire fanbase too. Our own fans cheering injury to our own players. Saying the worst thing that can happen is a playoff run. Rilling our coach to shreds who just got here. I honestly dont know any fanbase this “eat their own” or a path forward. Its revolting

firedan, Bumrush, RGF and 1 other person like this.
  2. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    It's the organization's failure that created the toxicity so blame them and not the fans. We have been involved in bullying, tampering, talking to other coaches while we still currently have a coach, paying for losses, concussion mishandling, asking players about their mother being hookers, coaches doing drugs, Players with domestic issues, picking the wrong player with our high draft picks, horrible coaching etc for decades. I'm ashamed to say I'm a Dolphins fan to most people because the organization cannot and will not get it's act together under Stephen Ross. If it wasn't for Daniel Snyder being the worst owner in all of sports we'd be the center of attention 24/7.

The G Man, canesz06, mlb1399 and 2 others like this.
  3. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You're ashamed in public? lol

Why still do it then?

OwesOwn614 and Bumrush like this.
  4. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I've stated before If I could stop caring about this team and football I would. The organization is an embarrassment. This will not change until Stephen Ross is gone.

Serpico Jones and resnor like this.
  5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Dude, being a fan of this team is toxic. You're already in it up to your neck.

6. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Some of you folks don’t know what it means to be a fan, but then again I attribute a lot of that to youth.

I’ve watched and cheered for this team for 50 years. I’ve seen this team in 4 Super Bowls, a perfect season, multiple AFC Championship games, multiple playoff games…I’ve seen a once in a lifetime player in Marino, a once in a lifetime coach in Shula and the downfall of this team once the Robbies were forced to sell the team.

I’ve seen the good times, and I’ve seen the bad, some of these seasons truly bad. I’ve seen the league evolve to the point that the purity of the game has been polluted.

Despite everything I have seen, I have been and will continue to be the optimistic fan of this team. It’s almost a safe bet, the last time the Dolphins won the Super Bowl, most of the folks here weren’t even born, let alone the last time Miami was even in the Super Bowl.

When you hitch your wagon on a team, if you can’t take the bad with the good, then perhaps you shouldn’t even watch the sport to begin with.

Being a Dolphins fan is harder than Chinese algebra. If all you can do is point finger and continuously play the blame game, then you miss the really good things your team does during a season. So when that happens, what’s the point of even watching to begin with…if all you’re going to do is be bitter afterwards.

Lifes too short and being bitter and angry all of time takes up too much energy.

Food for thought…

Bumrush, Tone_E, Tin Indian and 4 others like this.
  7. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    You at least have a Super Bowl under your belt, grant it you have to go back to when the Brady Bunch was still on the air.

For me, I became a fan in 1975. Just after the glory days.

resnor and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  8. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    ⬆️ THIS ⬆️
    For those who are quick to jump the gun, spew knee jerk reactions endlessly, criticize, complain, whine over missed draft picks, feel embarrassed by this organization...I urge you to read the above post. Then when you're finished read it again.
    I'm actually reading posts saying they're embarrassed to be a Dolphins fan. Save yourself the embarrassment and root for the Bills this year, or the Chiefs, or the Eagles...then when they're no longer relevant switch to whatever team is elite at that time. There, problem solved.

People still crying over not drafting Herbert sound like scorned little girls. Cry all you want it still isn't happening.
    Root for the Chargers if you can't get over your love affair with Herbert.
    Its frustrating , I get it , and I've been a Dolphins fan longer than some of you been alive.
    The constant finger pointing and whining and ranting and pouting ..its pathetic.
    I put my heart and sole into the Miami Dolphins for more years than I can count and never once did jumping ship ever become an option.
    I never was, or ever will be, embarrassed by the team I root for.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  9. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Remember that the most negatively outspoken are typically trolls despite their professed love for the team. I will not speak to the vitriol directed at the organization other than at McDaniel. He's a first time coach who has not had the full opportunity to form a team in his image. On our California trip he kept talking about building bonds. That tells you this still a work in progress. Yet people are already trashing him. Just laugh at them man.

I come here to root this team on, make a few comments, hopefully read some good insightful posts and have a good time. It's just a game that win or lose elicits nothing but short term emotional responses. Then I'm on to the next one.

Tin Indian, Fishhead and RGF like this.
  10. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Its hard. Been a fan since late 90s. My highlights include one palyoff win, and getting waxed in our last two playoff games by the ravens and steelers. I just want a playoff win. The Isles went on two deep playoff runs and the braves won a championship and honestly what that did for both of those fanbases reminded me of what this could be if we ever got rolling.
    I still believe in mcdaniel tua and co. Its just… hard

King Felix and RGF like this.
  11. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Good post. I knew we had some reasonable fans around here.

12. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    This place is toxic because we‘ve been a disgrace the last 20 years and we used to be first class organization and everybody wants to get back to the glory days + some trolls who just can’t wait to trash the team and players.
    Another thing with the Dolphins is that we always get a little tease to get disappointed just a moment later, that’s just depressing. I will never choose another franchise but it’s hard to fully commit to the team when you see how we always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.
    I really thought we turned a corner when Flores had 2 winning seasons and we had a bunch of draftpicks but then we did what the Dolphins did for the past 20 years. I really think we‘re cursed.
    I hope there will be better days but as of now it looks like we ****ed up again and we chose the wrong players with the capital we got from the Tunsil trade, it’s tiresome.

Berezo, Hooligan, dolphin25 and 3 others like this.
  13. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Who exactly has cheered for an injury to our own player? I have not seen a single post by anyone saying that.

mlb1399 and resnor like this.
  14. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014

When you explain it like that .........

resnor likes this.
  15. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Some fans would rather their team actually win and make the playoffs... that is OK. If you are happy with 0-16 or whatever the record is, good for you.

resnor likes this.
  16. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    So, if a fan is not happy with the way their team is playing that makes them a troll? If your kid misbehaves and you are not happy with that behavior does that make you a troll parent?

canesz06 and resnor like this.
  17. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Bless you! You are the type of fan I most admire as you haven't seen the glory. Missed out on the Marino years, the great 70's.

resnor likes this.
  18. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I see this site as therapy. A place to come and share your depression and angst with others experiencing the same feelings.

KeyFin, Berezo, resnor and 1 other person like this.
  19. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    THAT’S what you got from my post? Wow!

20. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Where do get off saying fans on site are cheering a players injury!.
    Give us an example!

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  21. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Guilty conscience this time of year huh?

22. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    No!Calling you out and as expected u have nothing!

canesz06, resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  23. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    0-17 is better than 9-8 and missing the playoffs.
    Dolphins had more hope just prior to 2020 draft than we do now.
    If Grier is here, there is NO HOPE.
    Dolphins are well served to win 3 or fewer games in 2023 and ditch every player over 30.
    A GM who can apply Basic Common Sense would be a Huge Improvement over Grier who reeks of 'mental Napolean Complex'.
    Swinging for home runs instead of just taking physically sound, High-Floor players at most positions instead of extremely low-floor players like the 2020 draft class.
    Getting 'Projects' when your coaching staff, at most positions, is a fkng Clown Car is 'So Grier'.

resnor and hitman8 like this.
  24. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    You understand the vast majority of this happens with EVERY single NFL team right? We're just far worse at keeping it under wraps than others. You don't think there's rookie hazing in any other locker room? You don't think other teams are tampering with free agents, or coaches etc, etc? You don't think other teams "mishandle" concussions? Christ, we just watched NE a few weeks ago fully ok with lining up Parker for another play even though he couldnt even stand on his own two feet. There's not a team in the league without a player with domestic issue's id bet. All teams miss on draft picks, although yes not as often as Grier seems to. But all these things routinely happen elsewhere as well we just don't hear about it as much not being as invested in that team.

dolphin25 likes this.
  25. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    :sidelol:

26. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Sorry, I just added to the toxicity. I shouldn't have posted that :sidelol:

27. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I can understand that for a season, AND if the right QB is picked, but certainly don't want 0 and forever.

28. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Foolishness. Ask Lions fans how they feel about the 0-16 year. Where did that get them? Surely not where you think it's going to take us.

Ditch every player over 30. So that's... Thomas Morstead (36), Melvin Ingram (33), Justin Bethel (32), Terron Armstead (31), Teddy Bridgewater (30) and Raheem Mostert (30) at a quick glance. None of these guys are worth anything but Armstead, and we're likely not getting rid of him any time soon with that contract we gave him. What do you expect to gain from getting rid of these guys? A few footballs? Some 6th round picks? You act like we're sitting on something worthwhile with this move.

Fact of the matter is we gave Grier the keys, then more power after Flores' departure so now we have to live with that. However if you're looking at things objectively... If Tua stays healthy all year this team doesn't lose to Minny, doesn't lose to Cincy (at that time) and should have beaten Green Bay on Sunday. Heck, you can maybe even argue we don't drop the game to the Jets where we ended up having to play Skylar on no reps after Teddy had his phantom concussion according to the NFL. We went all in on this year and next year but it's blown up due to concussions for Tua and the injuries at CB position (Jones & Needham, throw in Jones at S too).

I think you need to take a step back and think rather than flying off the handle and over reacting all the time. It's already getting old and you've been here for 2 weeks. I'm with you on Grier, I wanted him fired last year so we could start over the right way rather than another half measure. I think he's useless as a GM for the most part. You really have to look at the big picture though. If we have Tua all year, and we don't lose 3 starters in our secondary it's not a difficult argument to make that we're already locked into the playoffs.

KeyFin and JJ_79 like this.
  29. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Well that's the problem He did miss those games because he is to.fragile to play in this league.
    I said it before we drafted him this was going to happen.
    I was happy as hell at 8-3 but the reality is this guy will be out of league in 2 years if not sooner and now we're ****ed for who knows how.long.it will takes to find a QB.

canesz06 and resnor like this.
  30. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    I disagree about Tua beating Cincinnati if he wasnt knocked out. He was playing like crap and wouldve probably just thrown some Ints. TeddyB was marching us to the winning score and running down the clock at 3:30 left prior to another McD ****bag play-call leading to the game-sealing int. If Gesicki had run the route TeddyB expected him to, he wouldve gotten annihilated by a DB. If Bridgewater had thrown it where Gesicki was going to...a DB was there and wouldve Crushed Gman there...and if Teddy wouldve just checked down to the RB...he wouldve gotten blown up by the LB that was right there. There wasn't one single good option for Bridgewater on that play. It was a terrible play call, period. The goal there wasnt just to score. Had we gotten a TD within a minute of that point, Cinci wouldve had 2:30 to get a FG to win or tie, depending on whether or not we converted the 2 pt conversion necessary. Dolphins needed to score And do it slowly. There was Nothing useful in that play called that led to the Int.

resnor likes this.
  31. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It’s what wrong with this world, people have forgotten how grateful they should be in general, and how grateful they should be to have a football team to root for and go to their games in their city.

Imagine some people in the world who have real life hardship issues, having the problems we have about a football team.

Their immature negativity that lacks perspective on life only makes it harder for the organization to turn things around

KeyFin likes this.
  32. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    DJ, that just isn't true. It's really difficult to support a team that has done the wrong thing consistently for the past 25 years. Attacking fans because they're frustrated with a garbage organization is just not right. It's by no means correct to blame frustrated fans for the piss poor choices of the organization.

hitman8 likes this.
  33. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Not sure I have seen a social platform with over 1K members that isn't. I've reevaluated many things now that i from time to time am able to check out of the "cloud" of BS that hovers over us all.

One thing I've learned is people fundamentally agree on stuff but them argue the living hell out of the small semantics of it.

People generalize MUCH too often, use examples of rare instances as "proof" for their opinions etc etc.

It's interesting and sad at the same time.

34. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    that is what sports is about, to take mind off all the other stuff

35. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Lol!And it's supposed to entertaining.
    I am not entertained.

36. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Not to mention nothing is more toxic or dysfunctional that this organization we all cheer for.

dolphin25 likes this.
  37. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    what is not entertaining? What does entertain you ?

38. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Lol!
    Winning!I do remember what that feels like but it's been a long time

dolphin25 likes this.
  39. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Bottom 3 franchise last 20 years!