1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This place is toxic

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Winning? I vaguely remember that sensation.

dolphin25 likes this.
  2. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I'm sure I'm older than u but I do remember.
    It was a much better feeling than watching the same season over and over and over!

canesz06, resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I remember a long long time ago. It has been way too long for sure. Sunday we win!

4. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I would be shocked if they win.They are not a very good team right now but I guess neither our the jets so will see.
    If they do make they will get slaughtered in first rd rhough

resnor likes this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think the team playing spoiler always plays looser because there is zero pressure.

I fully expect a drubbing.

6. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    It is time for a winning streak.

7. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    I expect Miami to lose and Buffalo to beat NE. We'll look back and say all they had to do was beat the Jets at home and they choked.

resnor likes this.
  8. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Doesnt that happen every year.All we have to do is beat this team and were in we all know how it turns out.
    This team doesn't deserve to be in playoffs after this epic choke in December!

resnor likes this.
  9. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Exactly. I forget what year it was but Buffalo was terrible and they knocked us out last week of the season. I'd rather be out already and have a chance to crush the Jets season.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  10. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Jets will be playing loose and I expect the fins will be tight and do stupid **** to lose the game like it seems they always do now.
    We were riding high in November and now if they lose and the pats lose this will be biggest collapse in team history.
    I guess the Steelers make it in that scenario if they win?That's flat out sad because they suck like the Pats.Then again.so do we.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  11. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    If I had to guess I'd say Jets don't care about losing and will go for 2 point conversion to win game instead of tie it.

Seems very Dolphin to lose like that.

pumpdogs likes this.
  12. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    My first football memory is of the Dolphins beating the Vikings in the Super Bowl. I was around7, and remember asking my dad who was playing, and when he told me, I decided then and there to root for the Dolphins because I had no idea what a Viking was, plus I hated purple, lol.

Yes, they won that day, but haven’t since, so I’ve always wondered if I’m the jinx.

Since then, it’s been Groundhogs’ Day/Season for a long, long time. This year was a more cruel than most, because there were moments of greatness that made many of us start to believe. Now, a little over a month later, here we are again.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  13. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Lol!Ur an old **** But yea for me the home team is the eagles but my dad was a bookie back in the day and never steered me towards the losing eagles back them.
    I was 5 for the undefeated season and sold from there.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    resnor likes this.
  14. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yea i see the steelers advancing.. they face the browns, najee harris and pickett are both getting hot.. theyre going to take care of business at their home field

dolphin25 likes this.
  15. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    LOL. My internet provider lost service for five days (AT&T: Do NOT sign up) and has been dropping intermittently for the last three weeks. In the midst of the losing streak, it was too easy for me to stay away after it came back up because of all of the negativity. But alas, like the sucker I am, I logged in today for the first time in weeks to find this thread.

IMHO, it does get old when Dolfans find every reason to complain, even when things go well. But I'm also of the opinion that people are allowed to feel the way they do about things that they care about. I'd argue that the fan who was spotting Brady's weaknesses during his time in New England was no less the fan than the ones who inflated his balls for every good play that a teammate made. Both of them want their team to be good, but one of them wants it to be better. And every team can be better, so folks who come off as trolls aren't necessarily just Negative Nancys. Give them a break.

But if you are happy with anybody on your team being injured, you're just a crappy human being. It's cool to want better performance, but to wish injury or harm on somebody for any reason is horrible. If you hate your own team and its players that bad, it's not a bad idea to step away and find something in your life that gives you joy. Nobody will blame you if you do.

resnor likes this.
  16. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I never did see any proof of anyone saying they wanted a Dolphins player injured.

resnor likes this.
  17. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I haven't been on Twitter since the takeover, but I saw several tweets last season that happily crowed when Tua got injured. I have no doubt there are still some who were happy when it happened again. It's like Ohio State fans who were happy when C.J. Stroud got hurt after getting off to a 1-1 start. They wanted his backup to play better and get the job. Stroud returned the next game and never looked back, being nominated for the Heismann Trophy twice. When I addressed one about how eager they were to move on from a redshirt freshman after two games, he doubled down and said he wasn't good until he came back. In the loss, he was 35-54 with 484 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception and Ohio State scored 28 points.

Fans gonna fan.

18. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I meant on this board. There are always going to be people like that out there.

resnor and OwesOwn614 like this.
  19. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Gotcha. Personally, I believe cheering on a player's injury should be a bannable offense.

20. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You should have PMd me. I might’ve been able to help troubleshoot your U-verse. But then again, sometimes you just have to have a tech.

Depending on what your plant is, AT&T may not be the best option but then again, if you have fiber, no one is beating that.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  21. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    But, don't you have to have fiber in the house? I mean what good is fiber to the house, but Cat5 or 6 all within the house?

22. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    With fiber, the fiber optic node is actually IN the home (either by ONT or in the modem itself).

There is zero signal degradation in cat5/cat6 under 100 meters, provided your copper lines are clean. Very rarely do I run into cat5 lines in a customer’s home longer than 100 feet let alone 100 meters and even rarer to find issue with cat5 that’s internally run.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.