1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Team is Chronically Sick - Don't expect winning until we're cured.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Oct 3, 2021.

1. plc001

plc001 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Maybe we are sucking for.... wait... whose the next great QB entering the draft this year? Wasnt he suspected of retiring a couple of weeks ago. He's playing like his mind is made up, but needs the paychecks.

2. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    If Grier had paid attention to Howard's medicals and injury history, he should have known it was only a matter of time before his knee problems caught up with him. X has undergone numerous knee scopes and meniscus issues, he is known for chronically bad knees, and those things don't get better with time. That's why his play has fallen off a cliff. We should have traded him when he was at his peak, it's all downhill from here.

3. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    If he retires it will be because of his knee problems. His play has diminished because of physical problems, not mental problems.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Bad news, this draft is QB weak and no matter how bad we suck, it doesn’t help our draft pick.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Active Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Maybe it’s his knees, or maybe he got his contract and finds it harder to care. Don’t know him well enough to say, but one thing is for sure, he is not playing up to that contract.

6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, probably true. Considering his play last year, it is really falling off a cliff big time.

7. Fireland

Fireland Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Its not like trading their good players for picks has worked

8. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016

That's a good point. I was thinking in the hypothetical case that we didn't have a GM who sucks at drafting.

mlb1399 likes this.
  9. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Yea but Tannehill will never be good enough to win a superbowl unless the team he is on has a early 2000 Ravens or Bucs defence.
    With all the rule changes I don't think we will ever see defences like that again.
    But then again somehow Nick Foles won one so never say never.

10. KeyFin

KeyFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I disagree- Eli Manning has a couple of rings and several other 'good but not great' QB's have followed in his footsteps in recent years. I know Brady and NE sort of warps that narrative because they were so dominant for so long, but I think any of the top-10 have a shot in any given year with solid defensive and special teams play.

The other unique thing about the Titans is Henry- you always have to account for him and that keeps defenses honest. It really is the perfect offense for Tannehill to excel in.

I mean, just look at the early dominant team this season- Chargers, Ravens, Bills, Cowboys, Cardinals, Packers, and Bucs. I'd say three or four of those have elite QB's (Tampa, GB, Arizona, Buffalo)...but there's a few with just above average QB's too.

11. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Have to disagree with you my friend.Dak,Herbert,jackson are pretty close to elite and all better than tannehill.

KeyFin likes this.
  12. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity Staff Member

Apr 22, 2014
    "...but if this works it will be incredible."

Chris Grier's motto.

You're getting rid of veterans to play new guys, that's a lot of leadership lost.
    "Yeah...but if this works it will be incredible."

You're trading for an often injured WR, he's fast but he's had problems.

You're picking a young pass catching TE but there are decent OL available.

Etc...

KeyFin likes this.
  13. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It’s hard to tell if this team has quit on Flores if Grier is just this bad at building a roster.

14. Fireland

Fireland Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Weekly reminder

Clean house and then sell the team

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    This team is garbage. Three years of "rebuilding." Yeah, they tore down a 3/2 suburban cookie-cutter home and put up a double-wide in tornado alley.

16. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity Staff Member

Apr 22, 2014
    The main problem of this team isn't talent, is management. Make it your mantra.
    The coaching is bad. However, there's a problem also affecting the coaching - the management.

That might stop with Grier but it's likely, maybe even mostly, Ross too.

Until this team is managed well it will not succeed.

Book it.