1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week's game is our true test, and no im not kidding

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by westernnyphinfa, Oct 8, 2008.

1. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    A team can easily get up for two stellar opponents and pull off a win.

A good team wins games it should, right now on paper this is a game we should win, it will be interesting to see if this team is as focused against a less than stellar opponent (by virtue of record) as it does against a high profile team.

Houston hasn't won a game, and outplayed Indy for 56 minutes.

I hope Sparano has this team focused, a win and I am convinced.

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    they'll be ready. Sparano will be sure of it.

"stay humble, stay hungry"

calphin likes this.
  3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Don't eat the cheese.

Tough, smart, discipled football baby!

BTW welcome!

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i agree Aqua, the charger game was so incredibly pivitol for the season to be relevant and for the future to turn the corner.

Now, that being said, the only way iam pissed this sunday is if we come out flat....if we come out like a bunch of crazed dogs and lose i will be just as happy as i am now...well, maybe not quite as much but you know what iam sayin.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    We had an extra week off to prepare for the Chargers, it was a pivotal game, but I think this week is the true test. A good team should go on the road and beat the Texans. Are we a good team yet? Maybe...Going to 3-2 with two home games looming after the Texans against tough foes, it would really help us set up our position in the division and the rest of the AFC. This game reminds me of the Minnesota game in 2002, and that one didn't end up well for us in the "W" column. If Miami comes out and is able to beat the Texans, I'll be convinced this team has turned the corner; but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we come out flat. I'll remain very cautiously optimistic for now.

6. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    For a long time, we have played tough against the good teams, and bad against the bad teams. The Texans are a monkey that we have to get off our backs. This game is unquestionably, IMHO anyway, the measuring stick of how far this team has really come. And, a measuring stick by which I set my expectations for the rest of the season.

HULKFish likes this.
  7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I'd normally agree with you, but we just aren't really good enough to not be 'up' for this game. We don't have the talent to play to the level of our opponents. This is a trap game, so to speak but I do agree that Sparano will not let them fall... We have to treat every game as though they are the defending AFC champs...besides, most folks are right...this is a team we should beat...hopefully we'll go out there and beat them...soundly. That would be the icing on the cake for this team and legitimately show the NFL that the Fins have rejoined the league...

8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    I don't know if Houston is "the" test, but it definitely is a big one. As I've commented previously, this team has traditionally been guilty of reading its press clippings and following up big wins with lackluster showings.

Houston has played hard in all these games and they are in a "do or die" situation, at home. This is going to be a TOUGH game.

9. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I don't know if this is a team we "should" beat? Where does that come from, solely there record? This is a good team that shouldn't be 0-4. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball! They are favored by 3 and were up big on the Colts. Our success has mostly hinged on scoring early and getting a lead to protect our passing game and get the running going. If the Dolphins play as physical as they did against the Chargers it should be another W, if they don't it will be an L.

djphinfan and Agua like this.
  10. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    How's this for motivation... Miami has NEVER beat the Texans.

Kanye West and jason8er like this.
  11. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

12. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Go out play hard. Focus on what you have to do and get it done. If we does theings we will win.

13. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I don't think the players will have a focus issue, or be caught off guard by Houston...

This team was 3 points away and lost many games last year, so their mindset won't be an issue... and should I venture to say that Houston beat Miami by a late last drive FG??? On that awfull Defensive team from last year...

If Houston is better than last year, where does that leave us???

I expect Houston to have their A game for Miami and will make some plays and will make it interesting...

BUT I do expect a blowout by Miami...

14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    This game really is a true test in my eyes. Its the first game we're supposed to win. I agree with some of the other posters here, if we get the lead early I don't see us looking back. Pass defense will be the key to success IMO.