1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about an available Desean Jackson?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinNasty, Nov 27, 2011.

1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    But hid did in college. He may just be one of those guys that wears out his welcome every three years. Although with T.O. it seemed to become shorter as he got older.

2. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Like i said did you watch the game?I also failed to mention he inexplicably let the seahawks first punt to him bounce,then he called fair catch on the second one with anybody even close to him.
    Then he was seen laughing with marshawn lynch when nnamdi asomugha was laying on the ground with a head and neck injury.
    This guy is a punk.

3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    What reports? The only one I've read is about the missed meeting, I'm just asking because I'm curious, I haven't read about him having issues with his team mates. He obviously had issues with management but I think they were warranted.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Here's one from November 13:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, some teammates have became frustrated with Jackson’s attitude, even before he missed a meeting and drew a deactivation from coach Andy Reid. According to the source, Jackson is perceived as moping and pouting and generally being more concerned about his contract than helping the team win games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/13/desean-in-danger-of-losing-locker-room/

There was also one where Reid chewed him out for not taking pre-game preparations seriously.

5. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jackson is definitely a talented football player but he has acted like a whiney jackass this season in Philly. He seems like a player that is totally out for himself and he's outwardly selfish enough to voice his frustration towards the lack of a new max contract..Thus making him seem even more like an ***. It's the simple fact that some of these guys don't realize the great opportunity they have in life by playing a professional sport. It's ok to be upset about wanting a raise at your job, but when you cry to each and every person you see and in his case the media as well. It really makes a person look like an ***. Matt Forte was guilty of it as well earlier in the year but has since then ceased all whining.
    As for as Jackson playing for the Dolphins.. I really don't see it as a possibility. I personally think that Clyde Gates is very similar to Jackson (BOTH RUN FAST). Once Gates gets a little more seasoned under our team he's going to be able to do exactly what Jackson does in the passing game. The only place I see where Jackson would own Gates is in the return aspect of the game.
    I don't see a fit for him in Miami. A Reciever we should go after in free agency should be Pierre Garcon or possibly Jerome Simpson (who I like).

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Sounds like what we already knew, that he is acting out because he doesn't have a contract. Sounds kind of like what Marshall did as well so maybe it is better to stay away from him. I do think that he has every right to be angry about his contract, he outplayed his rookie deal and should be getting paid a lot more money but he's going about things the wrong way. I still think he'll be fine somewhere else though.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    A lot of teams are going to pass on Jackson but honestly if he gets paid I don't see him acting up. I think he is Patriot bound.

8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Or is it the difference that Brady, Brees and Rodgers make?? We are missing a speedy WR opposite Marshall and DJax would fill that need, but even if we got him with Moore or Henne leading the way, we're in trouble... That's pretty plain to see.