1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Brett Hundley, UCLA QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Kid sounds impressive and mature in this interview (esp. for a redshirt freshman). And, he's got good size, athleticism and has been throwing the ball pretty well for UCLA. Really like some of the offensive talent that UCLA is putting together. He seems to have some future potential in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8272273

pennphinfan and dolfan32323 like this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Extremely snap judgment based on not much but a little bit of having watched him...but he's on my list of guys to do more work on. That's not exactly an exclusive list but it means I'm intrigued.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  3. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    He's looked good in what little I've watched of the Bruins. THey're doing a good job out there though, very impressive this year.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I've watched all 60 minutes of all 3 games thus far (sometimes more than once)-- Hundley has his ups and downs. What I really like is that for a redshirt freshman he has a LOT of poise in the pocket. Even though the UCLA oline has been playing above average, when he does take pressure he has generally handled it well. That said, this past game against Houston he didn't seem as sharp as the previous 2 games. He's got good size, good arm, and he's athletic. He likely just needs to work on his reads and precision a bit.
    Way to early to tell though, as CK said. He's only started 3 career games and you can't judge someone off that little. I'm interested to see (if Mora can keep this team headed in the correct direction) what Hundley can develop into in 2013 and 2014. Plenty to be excited about with his as a Bruin

5. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    He is the real deal. Unreal that he is playing this good as a Redshirt Freshman. In 11 games he has never had a completion percentage below 63.6; we could be talking about #1 overall here.