1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Jimmy Johnson.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by T. Nathan22, Nov 5, 2010.

1. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i wanted to see Dan win a SB, but like some others - i will honestly admit that he was not an elite QB when JJ 'forced' him out.

i am always amused when folks talk about a running game and Dan ... the guy had a golden arm, but handing the ball off was both a chore and an abvious telegraph to the defense. You couldn't build a great running game during his reign - pure and simple, because Shula built an OL with an absolute focus on pass protection.

JJs drafts bring out the downside of drafting for need .... most would admit that Collins, Green and several others were drafted on need at WR and RB ... don't get me wrong, this regime will draft for need - but does it in a much smarter way (less White, Turner, of course) ....

I did not dread the JJ years ... but the Wanny years wanned pretty quickly .... Saban was a blip of hope .... and Cam is just best forgotten. My biggest beef with JJ and Wanny was that we had a soft defense, and its taken all the way to this regime to try an change that under a Wolf / Parcell philosophy.

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

There is no speculating on my part. I said I herd it from his own mouth so Shhhh

3. Adam Strange

Adam Strange New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Melrose, MA
    If Marino was washed up, JJ should have cut him, period. But no, he didn't have the balls to do it then and is such a slimeball that he now uses Dan as the scapegoat for why he failed.

JJ did nothing to improve the offense (literally nothing, it was no better at the end of his tenure than it was at the beginning of it; in fact it was worse), just one questionable personnel move after another. And his much vaunted defense never played in a big game which they weren't capable of giving away. So if JJ wants to slam Marino for being washed up, he should also look in the mirror and realize that his coaching job in Miami was nothing to brag about.

4. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Member

May 21, 2010
    WoW, that statement had alot of thought behind it. Shula was a great coach but he SUCKED in the player personnel portion of this job (hint, draft picks and free agents). Jimmy Johnson at least gave us some decent players to build around even though he didn't stick around to finish the job. And by the way, Johnson didn't hire Wanny (that was Mr. Blockbuster) he just recommened him for the job.

5. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Member

May 21, 2010
    Dude, do you have a personal hate for Johnson? Because if you want to talk about failed draft picks, Shula has alot more.

6. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I actually agree. I think we would have gone in a totally different direction if JJ hadn't pushed Shula out the door. Shula however didn't understand the cap and that would have been his downfall anyways. But I still think craterface would have brought in someone that would have made us a winner and we would have never had Wannfail as our coach. We are still recovering from that, believe it or not. We should have some aged veterans on this team from the last two or three Wannfail teams still playing for us. But because of his incompetence, we don't have those guys.

7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Dude, Craterface adored JJ (and still does) and if JJ had told him to take his clothes off and do a kazatche in the middle of Federal Hwy, he would have done it. So his recommend of Wannfail was as good as gold in craterface's eyes.

8. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    All I know is that Jimmy Johnson's wishy washy tenure begat Wannstink, Satan and Camoron. That is all I need to know. Before Johnson perennial playoff team, after Johnson rarely a sniff and during Johnson playoff embarrasment.

Thank God I didn't see that 62-7 fiasco with the Jags.

9. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    If we traded Marino, Jimmy Johnson would have drafted failures in his place.

10. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Not a JJ fan. He can go **** himself with his benching Dan Marino comments. I wish someone would have benched JJ.

11. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    You forgot Tony Martin.

12. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Yep plus he was even worse after he injured his neck. I think it was a Thanksgiving game?