1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Monday Night Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphin North, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Dolphin North

Dolphin North Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Screw you, cheaters.

2. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    We were able to beat the refs too...I knew we'd have an edge tonight because Gene Steratore was absent.
    Aside from that, how about that game! Last time I was this happy was last year around this time when we beat the Jets with Matt Moore. Still....great win! Kenyan Drake is the reincarnation of Warrick Dunn.

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Thoughts? I have a feeling this is a glimpse of the future for this team. I mean.. after the season was almost over Gase got the players to play like they believe in him and then turn in this performance??

Just awesome. We have our HC.

danmarino, Brasfin, dolphin25 and 3 others like this.
  4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    LMAO, really? I know you turned cynical this season but I figured you'd have more to say than that!

Dolphin North likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    those 8 starters from the last two drafts are playing well.

6. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I have to admit things look encouraging last night. The trenches played well, and when that happens, the other levels fall into place. I am very concerned about Parker. Miami made no effort for him to go deep, but I think that's better because short routes are popping off his hands into potential picks.

I saw an emotional Cutler. It was good to see because he has had a reputation.

dolphin25 likes this.
  7. Dolphin North

Apr 30, 2017
    It was late and I had to get to bed. Now I need to get to work but, in a nutshell, what a great time to play our best game a long time!

KeyFin and dolphin25 like this.
  8. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Like if this was you in your living room last night

Galant, bigballa2102 and dirtylandry like this.
  9. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    That was me but the bottles were empty.

bigballa2102 and VManis like this.
  10. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This looked like a completely different team last night.

I am thankful Burke finally listened to me and played press coverage instead of his super soft zones he likes. When he went back to his old ways the Patriots quickly scored. If the Dolphins stay with my suggestions they will continue to play well on defense.

On offense Gase too listened to my complaints and mixed things up instead of standard and predictable. AND no bubble screens!

Dolphin North and bigballa2102 like this.
  11. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Drake more powerful then Dunn.

danmarino likes this.
  12. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    was me but i was waving my shirt over my head, empties included.

Just wish i had the 20 chicks with me

13. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    Id like to think he was listening to me :) we both have said for awhile now that press coverage and blitzing was the deal and he listened i was very shocked but excited at the same time.

dolphin25 likes this.
  14. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    This team looked better than the team did last year in their last 10 games of the season. Imagine if RT had been playing. I'm not suggesting that Cutler played poorly, but RT is just more accurate and able to escape the rush better. (Although Cutler had a Harry Houdini moment himself last night)

Drake is better than Ajayi. I think that can be put to rest.

Gase IS the HC and will be for some time.

Burke called a fantastic game last night against the best offense in the NFL. He's learning.

Timmons looked great. I think he had one missed tackle, but he covered well and put pressure on Brady when needed.

Harris played well too. He's still raw and learning, but he was in the mix every time he was on the field. He caused Brady to step up into Suh when Suh sacked Brady.

Wake had no sacks, but he can still play at an elite level. He should be back next year.

Jones was Jones. All-pro guy flying all over the field.

X has arrived. That's two great games in a row for him and it should do wonders for his confidence. He shut Cooks down.

Kiko covered well and tackled well, although he's still overrunning plays. He needs to tighten that up.

Phillips = a beast when he wants to be. Burke needs to find out what motivates him and keep him motivated all season.

McDonald is playing extremely well.

Tunsil played well. Yes, he had a holding call on Landry's TD, but IMO his hands were inside and that shouldn't have been called.

Pouncy is done. He was responsible for a couple of drive killing penalties. He needs to go.

Landry needs to get his contract worked out. He needs to be a Dolphin for the rest of his career.

Grant needs more playing time. Yes, he dropped a sure TD , but he made an insane catch for a TD.

Parker is still soft.

Cutler, if he played this way all season, would be on a team challenging the Pats for the AFCE.

Jordan is so aggravating. He needs to go.

I don't think the Dolphins run the table and get into the playoffs, but this team can challenge the Pats in the near future. RT, Drake, Landry, Suh, Wake, Jones, X, et al can be a great foundation. The Dolphins have the Bills x2 and KC. I'd love to see them get another winning season no matter the playoffs. Screw draft order...Winning creates a successful atmosphere that is needed in Miami after such a long drought.

(2018 Draft needs- LB, TE, DB, OL in no particular order)

The Pats are facing a good Steelers team on a short week next week. F the Pats and I hope the Steelers (as much as I dislike them too) bash Brady into the ground some more.

15. rackhound

rackhound Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    miamisburg ohio

That game was great. I dont know what thomas’s problem is but if we had a TE who was actually a threat that game would have been even more of a beat down.......I turned on the TV hoping to hear how the dolphins played a great game and instead had to listen to Steven a Smith dog them and talk about how it was all about NE, who was out for them, and how everything but the dolphins playing a good game is why the pats lost. Smith has to be the most annoying guy ever.......ESPN sucks......I used to like it, been awhile since I watched it and I regret having done so.

KeyFin and danmarino like this.
  16. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Even if they had Gronk last night, I don't think it would have played out any different due to the pressure we put on Brady. Forget concussion protocol, they need to check him for battered wife syndrome.

Puka-head, rackhound and bigballa2102 like this.
  17. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    now you know she beats him not the other way around, I think you had a typo LOL

18. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Nope, I meant that we beat him like a little ***** all night long. =)

bigballa2102 likes this.
  19. Dolphin North

Apr 30, 2017
    There's lots I agree with there, obviously, but a couple of things I want to point out along the same topics. Harris does tend to get pushed wide and back behind the play too often. He comes so close fairly often but is just a bit too far beyond the QB. That play illustrates what he can do; help move the QB forward to another rusher can get him if he beats his man. I have heard (when he was drafted) that he lacked (lower?) body strength and an inside move. I guess getting stronger, as players often do in their first off season may help him get more leverage. An inside move would help a lot too though wouldn't it? If he can freeze the lineman for a moment knowing he could go either way wit ha good move, he may get that little extra jump and not allow the man in front of him to push him beyond the play. Hopefully that is the case, but I'm not a DE.
    The Tunsil penalty was definitely a penalty. His left had was inside but check his right. It is not only outside, it is all the way around the cheatriots player's back and is grabbing jersey. I have high hopes for Tunsil and was glad we got him last year, but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement. He has been unspectacular this year with the penalties.

Couldn't agree more with "F the patriots" except that you capitalized patriots and they do not deserve that honor since 2007 IMO. I have had that Steelers game next week on my calendar for quite a while now.

20. Dolphin North

Apr 30, 2017
    BTW did anyone notice how great bellichik is considering all of the injuries his team has had? We are missing our starting CB, LB and our QB is an announcer and we killed them, but bellichik is a genius. I don't usually complain about this stuff and I usually look forward to Gruden, but this week he was laying it on awfully thick for a team that looked very bad all game. I'm guessing they produce all of their storylines before the games and have a loose script to follow and so they had to follow it even though the game was not going at all as expected. Still, the announcers kind of came off as partisan and, well, kind of dumb.
    BTW, to put it in perspective how well the Dolphins played, does anyone remember exactly when we saw the bit that is always done in the second quarter about robert kraft and the patriots franchise being the greatest owner and most first class franchise in the NFL? Usually it is early to mid second quarter, depending on how the game goes. They ran it with about 4:42 left in the 4th. The nice thing about that was that we didn't have to see the camera on him stuffing his bloated face with chicken nuggets as he is usually doing in the second when they run it. Although he did appear to have indigestion for some reason.

Fin D likes this.
  21. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I thought about that too- Brady has less than 50 yards in the first half and he's running for his life. He throws that one outlet pass to the RB coming out of the backfield and the guys makes a great one-handed catch in stride. Gruden says something like, "That's beautiful, that's signature Pats football right there."

And I'm thinking, have you seen this game so far? It sure isn't Pats football tonight!

Dolphin North likes this.
  22. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    yeah but they could have scored more, which would have changed the complexion of the game, forcing Miami to scoring more and staying more aggressive

23. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    How would they have scored more? They had two yards in the first quarter....TWO! Brady didn't complete a pass to a receiver until late in the 3rd quarter. I don't see how Gronk running around looking for passes changes that since they had to keep their TE in to block anyway. If Gronk played, we would have laid Brady out even more.....I think it was a benefit not having him to be honest.

24. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    simple. Brady doesn't throw picks if he goes to Gronk, because Kiko would've been covering him

25. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I think you're missing the point- Brady threw maybe five accurate passes all night long WITH a tight end blocking for him. He had a 59.5 passer rating- the worst of his career from what I can see. Less protection is not going to get you more throwing time when you can't throw the ball to begin with.

26. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Believe it or not, Brady's worst was a 22.5 in the 2003 opener against the Bills. He threw for 4 INT's with no TD's. He quickly recovered though and the team went 14-2 and won the SB that year.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/

Among games Brady started, and without adjusting for era, 59.5 was Brady's 18th worst passer rating ever (and the worst since a 53.5 against the Jets in 2013).

eltos_lightfoot likes this.