1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the game.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NFL2102, Dec 27, 2010.

1. NFL2102

NFL2102 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    -Defense played like **** today, with only Dansby and later Carroll out shows how Dansby is a huge key to our D and can't function well without him.

-Oline was average until Berger came in. Then it became terrible.

-No ground game, shocker.

-Henne did well today even with his 2 INT's

1st INT: Can't really blame Henne for Shuler stopping mid-route
    2nd INT: Henne threw the ball before Bess slipped. Questionable throw though.

-Our players kept slipping and falling today, why?

-Wallace needs to just stick with special teams

-Why did we call a DESIGNED swing/screen pass to Brown with 19 seconds left, it's not like the screen has done well for us this year.

-Other than the calls the last 3 drives, I have no beef with Henning today.

-No huddle, shotgun offense suits Henne well

Just my thoughts on todays game.

GMJohnson, ToddsPhins and Disnardo like this.
  2. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I have to disagree with Henne doing well...I know his box-score looks sorta average, but that's basically due to 2 good series. I've been a huge supporter of Henne all season, but these last several games just scream to me that he's broken. Whether it is because of this coaching staff of because he's really just not that good, I don't know.

I know he's young and there are growing pains, yada yada, and progress has been made in certain areas, but there are some still serious flaws that I just don't trust he'll get over.

What the hell happened to our running game this year? Did our RB's really become that pedestrian over 1 off-season? Ugh...
    I think the Defense would also play a bit better, if the Offense could sustain more than 2 or 3 drives per game.

with all that said, I'm still not ready to totally give up on Henne. It drives me nuts, but I'd like to see if he'd be a different player with more talent around him and a better offensive mind running things.
    just can't quit you, and all that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. Dansar

Dansar Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Bermuda
    I think we saw today how effective Henne can be when he has time to make decisions and move the ball down the field. I thought he had a tremendous first half especially moving the ball against the wind. He looked like a leader on the sideline with high fives and chest pumps, even had a few smiles, you could see his confidence growing. Bring in Berger and the wheels start to come off, Suh took over and the rest is history.

I am not ready to put the nail in Hennes coffin yet because of this, as a young QB I expect him to struggle when he is under that kind of pressure, hell even the great ones struggle when you have two defenders all over you. As bad as it has been this is how young QB's learn.

You want to place blame for this season anywhere you have to place it on Sparano he and he alone decimated our offensive line. We went from 4th to last in our running game and our pass protection was spotty all year. So much for being a Oline genius.

DolfanJake, NFL2102 and ToddsPhins like this.
  4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    why:deadhorse:?

henne :hang: himself this year

man-up
    this :crapstrom: is over
    rebuild the offense:dolphin: & move on

5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Did we watch the same game? No ground game? We rolled up over 150 yards on the ground.:confused1::headscratch:

I can blame Henne for the pass to Shuler as being off target as well as even it caught would not result in a first down; while had he looked just a hair to his right there stood Bess past the first down line WIDE open with lots of YAC just sitting there for the taking!

If Henning had really been on his toes those last 8 minutes could/should have been grinded out on the ground and we walk with a 27-17 win. Plus Henne then does look good. Face it this guy can not carry a team, there are no points for second best!

6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    The correct answer is D: With a 10 point lead late in the 4th, driving into a stiff wind, we should have been RUNNING THE BALL.