1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Nov 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    First off.
    Glad to see everybody. FinHeaven is coming back, and thats great. I don't know about you guys, but i needed the support...We all know what the record is.
    As glad as I was to see Johnny Boy take the field, and make no mistakes, I want to see how he will hold up against a very good Steelers D. (Aren't they number one?)
    I believe that he will learn few lessons the hard way tomorrow.
    Which I believe, is good. Because if he will survive two very tough games on road to start of his career, he will only get better.
    And I'm not so sure if needed the "0-10" but it is what it is.
    Oline is coming together, that is a bright spot. Three months ago, i would of never though that our Oline will be a bright spot.
    Joey is a disappointment, but he is slowly getting there. Slowly. Everybody expects him to get two-three sacks a game. People tend to forget that Steelers have a whole different defense, which involves OLBs blitzing a whole lot more. I watched specifically him during the Buffalo game, he was doing really good. He had seven tackles, but more important he created opportunities for his teammates to make tackles. Number of times when Lynch was stuffed at the line of scrimmage, is because he kept his contain and forced Lynch to bounce around. None of that goes in to the stat book, but that is what our D is based on.
    Now theres Ricky. I know that some people are excited to see him, and some are thinking "Here we go again..." Personally, I don't care. If he will help us to win one game, then heck, that is better than nothing. Anything we get out of this guy, in my eyes, is a bonus.
    And if you think about it, we do not have any veteran leaders on our O. We have good'ol Marty, thats about it. Now, I know that Beck shows great leadership skills in the huddle, but he is still only a rookie. A twenty six year old rookie, but never less, a rookie. I'm curious to see if Ricky will step up, and will become a vocal leader on that offense. Personally, I doubt that. He is not that kind of a person. He is a quiet, go get'er kinda person. Kinda like Zach. (Hmm...did I just compare Ricky with Zach?) But, it will be interesting to see, if his roll will change in the big picture.
    Jason Allen. I'm still not buying it all the way. I was never a person who was yelling and screaming that he is a bust, but i never did think he was worth a sixteen overall, courtesy of Saban. (WooHoo! Go Auburn Tigers! Whooped Alabama in the Iron Bowl for the fifth straight time!) With all the injuries at the safety position he got the starting job, i was glad. I figured he will either step up, and show everybody what he got, or he will crash and burn. He is slowly developing. The fact that he has a nose for the ball, is a good thing. But before I will make any further comments, i want to see this kid play out the rest of the season. Either way, he is a major upgrade over Tillman. And does anybody know the status of Bell's and Hill's contracts?
    Teddy Ginn. I'm happy. All year long, i was asking for a halfway decent pass thrown his way. During the Buffalo game, TWICE he was WIDE OPEN in the inzone by himself! Looks like Johny Boy likes his rookie team-mate. (And he likes David Martin) So it will be great to see the development of those two. Eagles start pooching the ball after Ginn's punt return. So, that means automatic ball possession on 30-35 yard line.
    This about it. Just felt like expressing my Dolphin thoughts. Fee much better. Please feel free to comment, and state your points of view.
    Go Dolphins!

Bpk likes this.