1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread Move Disagreement

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by Southbeach, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I started a Phins Phans Phood thread yesterday which was quickly moved to The Lounge, to fit in with videos, comic books, and dog bites. LOL

I don't get it, and strongly disagree with the move. The thread was about Phans football food for tailgating, parties, and the the like for the upcoming season. I've done this for years, on other forums, and it was always some fun.

Obviously, it is your call but, I would just as soon delete the thread, as you believe that football food does not go with football. :)

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I could have moved it to the tailgating forum where it would have died even quicker. The Miami Dolphins forum is about the Miami Dolphins.

3. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    If that were the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, wouldn't you have to delete all beer posts as well? I've posted some, and have read many from Phans stocking up, etc for games, the draft, and FA.

While some Phans may debate that beer is more about the Miami Dolphins than food (hard for me to disagree), I do not see the difference from a Dolphin forum's point of view. :)

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If a thread were started about beer, it would be moved to the Lounge as well.

But you shouldn't sell the Lounge short. I recall a few food and beverage threads in there previously that had some good discussion :yes:

5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks for the explanation SB. I guess we will agree to disagree. You're telling me that a thread has to be "pure Dolphin" and posts don't matter. It does not make sense to me but, this is not my forum.

To me, a forum is not only about the team but the cheerleaders, things surrounding the team, and just as importantly (if not more so) the Phans. If some wish to talk about game related food and drink, why not let them? Who does it hurt? Does the forum suffer by more Phans posting? Will other Phans be offended? I think not.

For whatever it's worth, I put up a Super Bowl spread thread months ago, with no problems or questions. It was the off season for us, same as it is now, and it was some fun.

Regardless, over, done, next.