1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three hours of interviews..My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 25, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Before the draft and free agency i thought that character, passion and leadership would take prescedent for obvious reasons.

listening to our rookies, James, Turner, Tripp, Landry,these kids have young leadership talent and that's exciting.

This turner kid could be a real good pick in the third, a lot of us loved this kids tape, what he says he is,he shows on tape, comes off the ball fast and hard and hits people with sudden impact..basically the dude sounds like a bad *** and plays like one..fine shape...to me he's an upgrade at that position big time.

all about business is brandon albert..he's such an upgrade its not even funny.

Pouncey has been working out hard all offseason, is ready to move on from the past, and will embrace his relationship with Pouncey, and step up his game, Albert continues to talk about him in every interview and lists him as one of the reason that made us attractive, brandons no bs personality will rub off on this immature dude.

James is an engaging guy, is going to work hard, stays and keeps his body right,wants to start, and will be our right tackle, he may of not been my first choice but he is an upgrade in talent big time from what was there last year..

my hope is dallas thomas will compete with shelley smith for the right guard position..either way ilook at the talent and i see upgrade.

sounds optimistic but these guy have the right mindset and i see chemistry developing.

were going to be running the read option a lot more than what we did last, J james let it slip in an interview.

happy..happy..happy.

I listened hard and i found our rookies to have intellect and passion for the game..

I'm hearing good things about dion jordan, cam says he's ready, and when wakes talks i listen..

Finnegan is going to have a breakout comeback year..bet on it..

that unit is going to have excellent competition and i see a better overall unit..

If lamar can beat out Jimmy than were going to have a very sweet trio that plays very physical and none of them are afraid to hit people.

earl mitchell came endorsed by our oline coach..that's why he's here, and i for one look forward to his penetrating quick style of play in the 43..

Jared odrick needs to enter a bikini contest cause that dudes body is shredded, he must be 280 right now, very minimal fat ratio on this dude, very impressive physique for d tackle.

that rotation is going to be somethin to watch.

an impressive direct quote by one of our dlineman...Kacy rodgers is the best dline coach in the NfL.

Charles Clay is going to the probowl this year, the dude is a walking quest.

we know what ryan Tannehill can do on the run,both directions, we know what he can do when he runs the read option {see buffalo game rookie year}we know he has the talent to deliver the football with accuracy when he has a clean pocket, upgrading the line across the board is going to give him that extra second so I see ascension there.

If Philbin is a good coach and if his players don't all shut up when he enters the room, i see a team that wants to be coached, young guys who will change some dynamics, and we'll be a better football team.

Hickey has put his stamp on the team, did we all want some different players at different spots, sure, but for me, its time to see if these players with similar traits, was the right moves at this time, i mean he did have a mess to clean up.

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Deej, you know I respect your opinion, so I hope your enthusiasm pans out.

While I am not a big Hickey fan, it seems like OL and RB have been things he assessed talent for somewhat decently in Tampa.

Sometimes, a team is successful in a new GM's first year because he comes in and fills the holes the prior GM was not good at filling… clearly O-line and RB in our case.

I expect we may do better this year… but then some of the areas Ireland was good at assessing will get chipped away at by Hickey as the team begins to resemble him. We'll have a roster strong in what he assesses well, or believes in, and weak in other areas. If this is the cade we may see our best roster this year, then see it gradually decline.

The major X factor that can overcome all of this is Tannehill. If he develops well, he can carry the team, even with an uneven roster.

This year, with a better OL, we should be better off.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Oh, and specifically…

- Love that Turner plays aggressively. He is probably my favorite pick.
    - Hope Albert stays healthy. How many games has he missed in his career?

4. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    11 games

Bpk likes this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i think the bet is to play the things i pointed out, i don't see that as empty enthusiasim,i see them being the better bet considering all varibles.

is it really enthusiasm to think james will be a lot better than clabo?

that finnegan will rebound to be better than carroll?

That turner has the talent to be better than what we trotted out last year.

that moreno will be an overall upgrade that will improve pass protection and consistency?

that with more time in the pocket that ryan will improve?

That the trio of Starks, micthell and odrick isnt better for our scheme?

that dion jordan has the potential to change the game and define a new position?

i see these things as good bets..

enthusiasm is wanting tripp to be our starter week 1 middler linebacker.

cuchulainn, Mexphin and Fin D like this.
  6. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Make it happen!

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Fede said that, and while Rodgers is good, how would Fede know he's the best? Where is his frame of reference?

Triggercut likes this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Because he is!

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    obviously thru the grapevine, you can tell how he said it that his peers have stated it in front of him.

i mean i have no idea who the best is, but if its being talked about openly stating things like that with conviction, its a damn good sign.