1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday Afternoon One-liners

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Says NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell of the Cowboys’ next home, “It’s going to be a stadium that I think is going to set the bar in the NFL.”

Mel Kiper says he’s confident that none of the top tackles in this year’s draft will be busts.

When the Giants like a draft prospect, they don’t invite him for a face-to-face meeting so other teams won’t know they like him.

Patriots DB Brandon Meriweather says he’s ready for more playing time, even if he doesn’t know exactly which position he’ll play.

The Patriots might not fly home in between consecutive games on the West Coast.

The Eagles signed P/K Richmond McGee to a three-year deal.

All of the Redskins’ scouts report to director of player personnel Scott Campbell.

This year’s draft has no clear-cut top cornerback.

The Falcons are listed as having the longest odds of winning the Super Bowl.

Marijuana isn’t the only reason Michigan WR Mario Manningham’s draft stock has dropped.

Hamilton County taxpayers will spend $660,000 to give the Bengals three grass practice fields.

Said Bengals QB Carson Palmer of the Browns’ five nationally televised games, “I was as shocked as anybody to see that because they’re still a ways away from being a … They weren’t even in the playoffs.”

Browns GM Phil Savage will spend a lot of time sitting around during draft weekend.

Clemson DE Phillip Merling visited the Vikings Wednesday.

Falcons FB Ovie Mughelli says of ditching the Bobby Petrino playbook, “This offense is not going to be about a coach making up all these great schemes. It’s going to be about the players going out to play.”

Says Falcons DB Erik Coleman of leaving the Jets, “I never really received an explanation other than they were going to move on.”

The Buccaneers can be happy that they won’t have to play in the cold this year.

Says Louisville QB Brian Brohm of his rising and falling draft fortunes, “There are a lot of opinions out there. … I’m not going to worry about it.”

The Chiefs signed FB John Paul Foschi to a two-year contract.

Says Northwest Missouri State RB Xavier Omon, “I believe if you’ve got it, you’ve got it. If you have the ability to play, no matter where you are, the NFL is going to find you.”

Missouri WR William Franklin has sought advice from Jets WR Brad Smith about getting ready for the draft.

Arkansas RB Darren McFadden calls Raiders running backs coach Tom Rathman, “a coach I would love to play for.“

Says Chargers coach Norv Turner of the player he acquired by trading his second-round pick, “There aren’t many guys on the board in the second round that will be as good a player as Chris Chambers.”

LINK
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/17/thursday-afternoon-one-liners-4/