1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday's Injury/Practice Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The official report filed with the NFL:

PATRIOTS

Did Not Participate
    WR Julian Edelman (forearm)
    DE Jarvis Green (knee)
    OT Matt Light (knee)
    RB Sammy Morris (knee)
    RB Fred Taylor (ankle)
    CB Jonathan Wilhite (illness)

Limited Participation
    DE Ty Warren (ankle)
    TE Benjamin Watson (back)

Full Participation
    QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
    WR Randy Moss (shoulder)

DOLPHINS

Limited Participation
    LB Channing Crowder (shoulder)
    NT Jason Ferguson (elbow)

So does anyone know about the Matt Light situation? I read somewhere that rookie LT Sebastian Vollmer might be starting. Any confirmation to that? If that's the case, this could mean great news for Miami.

Of course, Brady could have 3-step drops to Welker and those can spell disaster to just about any team, especially one like Miami's which lacks in the middle-of-the-field coverage department.

Also, I read somewhere that a rookie/2nd year WR might be starting for the Pats, too. This really could be a game that Miami could win. Should be a good match-up in the trenches!

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I wouldn't putit past the patriots to intentionally sit Light in an effort to lull the dolphins into thinking they'll see a rookie at LT.

3. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I would be more worried as a dolphin fan of Vollmer being starting than Light. No comparison in my opinion. Light is garbage, he's only good for a few dirty plays a game.

4. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    While that may be the case, he did have a legitimate injury in Mid-October against the Broncos to where he was on crutches the day after. Knees are tough to bounce back from, so I would not be surprised if he sits out. Of course, I would not be surprised if he plays.

This is also a pivotal game for the Pats, and it's either Matt Light or the starting RT Nick Kaczur or the rookie Vollmer? Any one of those scenarios benefit Miami, IMO. I can see Brady getting hit quite a bit. But to stop that from happening, the Patsies need to run the ball and get the ball out of Brady's hands quickly.

5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    vollmer has played well from what ive read. jarvis green being out helps alot. They should have zero pass rush other than the blitzing pressure that they are good at getting. Watch for DBs and LBs blitzing this game. If they are successful we will have a long day on offense. If we can stop their blitz packages we ccould have the advantage we need to attack their excellent secondary

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    That's what Brady has always been so good at. Welker needs to be blanket covered. That's Bradys way of dumping off to avoid pressure. If we don't cover Welker our pass rush won't matter.

7. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    6'8'' German born left tackle Vollmer has played 70 snaps vs Tampa
    83 snaps vs Tenn,15 snaps vs Denver,2snaps vs Baltimore,0 snaps vs Jets,and 12 snaps vs Buffalo.

Vollmer hasn't allowed a sack or QB hit this season but has played most of his time against 2 of the worst teams in football.

If there was ever a time for Porter to wake up and get multiple sacks
    this is the time

Here's a video of his pro day results

http://www.coachmikegough.com/2009/0...n-vollmer.html

Verticle jump-Vollmer...37.5 inches
    Verticle jump-Long...27.5 inches

broad jump-Vollmer...9'3''
    broad jump-Long...8'6''

40 yard dash-Vollmer...5.13
    40 yard dash-Long...5.17

bench press-Vollmer...32
    bench press-Long...37

3 cone drill-Vollmer...7.51 seconds
    3 cone drill-Long...7.44 seconds

short shuttle-Vollmer...4.5 seconds
    short shuttle-Long...did not participate

Vollmer seems to be very athletic when compared to Longs combine numbers...Good news is Long has much more experience than Vollmer bad news the Patriots may have another diamond in the rough once he learns the game

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'd rather have us play against JT's *****.

9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Best Scenario for us is injured Light, imo.
    JT will have a field day.