1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Tebow’s draft stock rising; Cleveland Browns reportedly show interest

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    In late January, critics pegged quarterback Tim Tebow as a third- or fourth-round selection in the NFL draft because of his struggles at the Senior Bowl.

More than two months later, Tim Tebow's draft stock has soared.

Every day, more teams reportedly show interest in Tebow, possibly as a first-round selection. The Cleveland Browns, who have the seventh overall pick in the April 22-24 draft, reportedly are meeting with Tebow.

This comes two days after the Philadelphia Eagles, who select 24th in the first round, joined the Tebow party, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King.

The Orlando Sentinel's Andrea Adelson reports that ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper – a staunch Tebow detractor from day one – has softened his stance on Tebow, claiming the Buffalo Bills could select Tebow with the 41st overall pick.

It's the second round, but that's an improvement on Kiper's earlier stance that Tebow is a third- or fourth-rounder as a tight end or H-back.

The Bills have shown interest in Tebow for weeks, possibly as a first-rounder with the No. 9 overall selection. Keep an eye on the Seattle Seahawks, who have the No. 6 selection. Seattle's pretty high on Tebow, according to reports.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/os-tim-tebow-browns-bills-0407-20100407,0,2736342.story

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Man, if Berry gets past KC at #5, and Cleveland takes Tebow at #7 (and, I'll believe that when I see it), then I think there's a real good chance he slips to us at #12.

I'm startin' to think it could actually happen.

3. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    All those teams are starting to show interest because they are thinking about taking him in early round 2. There is no way Tebow gets picked before pick before the late first.