1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a RE-ORG not a RE-BUILD

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by zwave21, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's funny how only the Dolphins seem to be affected by this notion that South Florida is some sort of alien universe. Organizations like the Heat and the Canes play up South Florida as a national destination, which it absolutely is, and reap benefits. It only seems to be the Dolphins that regard the location as a liability. I attribute that to the mentality of the people running the franchise; South Florida is not a place for a "blue collar" team, yet we only seem to hire GMs and coaches who want blue collar rosters.

Section126, KB21 and schmolioot like this.
  2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Completely agreed. If we make a coaching change, maybe we should talk to this guy:
    That's Art Briles by the way. Great article on him here.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-offense-made-baylor-national-title-contender

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Jerry Jones should totally buy the Dolphins.

South Florida is unique, with it's people and it's landscape. I'd love to spend a lot of time there, but not live. I've never lived in a humid climate and wouldn't be able to withstand it (San Diego all of my life). But the bass fishing, and sea fishing, all awesome. I could spend two months straight just fishing.

But South Florida has everything from SoBe which is its own beast, to manicured suburbian enclaves just minutes away.

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I don't follow your point, if there is one.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Jerry Jones is anything but Blue Collar. He likes the high profile players. Thrives on it. And if there is controversy sign him up. Look at his gamble on Dez Bryant (also his gamble on Pacman Jones ..)

Coach has a problem with his players? Get rid of the coach! Parcells and TO lol.

EDIT: And F U too ;)

6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Nick Saban's wife might have been a closeted racist. Not lying either.

This is one of the best places on EARTH in which to be rich. No state Taxes, a Now stable Real Estate Market, and improving construction business.

You're a sportsman? Fishing...(all types) in fact...I got 8 pound bass in my back yard and I'm 15-20 minutes from the stadium. Hunting? Hunting grounds less than 3 hours away.

This place is for everybody..and is really tailor made for the rich, so for the life of me, I don't know why every single top free agent hasn't knocked down our doors to sign here.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Love you too, jdang. :up:

I'm not advocating for a Cowboys-like circus. But why can't we have a coaching staff and a GM that isn't embarrassed by the presence of talent? It's bizarre.

8. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Remember the day it was "rumored" that Peyton Manning had Miami as a destination?

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade went out of their way on twitter and in TV interviews to advocate for it, and say "We got TWO championship contenders in Miami now"

That is what this city would eat up, and quite frankly, it looks like their biggest failure. Manning would have guaranteed a 3 year SUPER BOWL window. Think about it. Last time we talked Super Bowl realistically it was almost 20 years ago.

9. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Don't really know what to do though, outside of getting somebody in management who takes characters with superior talent out of the draft. The whole Manning thing was completely different situation than anything in free agency terms. Ireland dipped into FA quite a bit this year and it's not looking good, save for everything coming together during the remainder of the season.

10. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    The malpractice insurance down there is ridiculous though. It wouldn't be a bad place to start a concierge practice though.

Me, I'm just not a big city guy.

11. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    In Florida you are not required to carry malpractice insurance. There is a loophole that allows you to use a personal policy or no policy at all, and announce it at your clinic/office.

http://floridamalpractice.com/med20.htm

and like I said...this is hardly a "big city". I can throw a rock and hit wildlife outside my window and I am in Miami Lakes.

12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If a coaching change is to be made, I'd imagine the guy whom Ross would be most interested in(and with whom I would agree) is Lovie Smith. He's got the name recognition, and I think he's likely the best option on the market.

13. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Dollars to Doughnuts..he goes after John Gruden.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That would be a disaster, but at least we'd be able to make S'mores in the wreckage.

15. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    this guy is a football player...man.

16. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I would imagine he is going to be high on Tampa Bay's list, and considering he has a history with Tampa, I'd give them an advantage right now.