1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to move on.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SICK, Dec 7, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He is our #2 Qb something I've pointed out on numerous occasions but to no avail...:pointlol:

djphinfan likes this.
  2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    ALL the more reason to de-activate him......:shifty:

I'd much rather see Thigpen as back up. In fact I'm guessing the only reason White is #2 is so that he can come in the game and run his "little package".

If they want to continue down the ridiculous path of developing White as a NFL QB, then they should do it at the Davie training complex, not on game day.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    It's true. This is also part of the reason we don't see him on the field more often. I feel like they planned to use Pat White a lot more assuming Pennington was starting cause if White got hurt then Pennington and Henne were still good to go.

Without pennington, pat white is now one snap away from being our starter. A lot of people are scared by that but they shouldn't be. We have yet to see Pat White play QB.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, negativity about White aside, to me he can do one thing that every good backup Qb should be able to do...run the football if things break down.

Defenses preparing for Henne expect to see a somewhat slow pocket passing Qb, Henne goes down and White comes in ahd the defensive preparation goes out the window.

Bpk, dolfan7171 and SICK like this.
  5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    This is a playoff game. We beat Jax and we have our destiny in our own hands. This team shows up flat like we were against Buffalo or has problems closing out like we did against NO and Indy and we sit home for the playoffs. Jax knows its a playoff game too, this game is going to come down to who wants it more and what team has more heart.

gunn34, Bpk, Ophinerated and 5 others like this.
  6. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    If Henne goes down and Pat White comes in, the only thing the opposing defense will be doing is high-fiving each other. If ppl thought Pennington was getting smothered, wait until White is out there for any duration.

Personally I think the coaches would go with Thigpen.....White is a rookie that looks shaky at best, with just two snaps a game. Pat White QBing an entire game would be a nightmare, an embarrassing nightmare.

7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    The Dolphins actually have the best chance to make the playoffs of all the teams not currently in a spot. Yes the Ravens still own a tiebreaker over Miami if both win out. However, the Ravens and Steelers HAVE to win a wild card, they have no chance at the division title, unless the Bengals lose out and one of them Wins out. Not very likely. Dolphins still have a good shot at their division so they are actually in the best position. And the Jets have lost tiebreakers to the Jaguars and Dolphins, so they need extra help. Jets fans actually need the Dolphins to win again this week haha.

Now....BEAT the Jaguars!!! We should try and gash them with the run early then start passing.

Fin-Omenal, dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

1) Jax has the 23rd ranked Pass Defense in the league.
    2) Jax has only sacked opposing QB's an NFL worst (by far) 12 times.

Chad Henne will not likely see a ton of pressure...so...I have to disagree with the run it down their throat game plan. Instead....I believe we use the passing game to jump on them early. I believe we take a very agressive game plan to Jax....and put points on the board. If we do this...we force them to go away from the run early, and force them to match us in the air. We have a big advantage here, as we do put pressure on the QB.

3) Jax is third worst in the NFL in sacks given up at 32. Garrard is hit quite a bit guys.

We know he can make things happen with his legs....so we try and get pressure with out blitzing...or use delayed blitzing...flush him and then Blitz. By taking it to then early, we can force them to pass....and by getting pressure on Garrard, as clearly, it is not hard to do....you increase the chances of creating turnovers.

Jax weakness is their passing game defense. So was NE's...and we attacked that. If we can hit them early with the passing game, it will open up things on the ground for us. I dont think we wait for the ground game to open things up for the passing game.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't like it when thread titles tell me what to do.

Great win. I say we celebrate until this Sunday at 12:59 PM.

10. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    i agree but we could give up 4 Tds to him and as long as we win i could care less how well wilford does :lol:

Maurice Jones Drew scares me. Garrard is a wildcard. Anyone who's follows fantasy football, it's either boom or bust with him. One week he's dominant the next he is miserable.

Our pass rush better get to him. And not just pressures. I mean sacks, fumbles, foceing bad decisions. Let our DB's make some plays. I have to be honest and say i don't follow the Jags that much but if their oline has troubles we should be able to win this game. Should be trench warefare and i like our chances.

But SICK your right. Time to move on, each game from here on out is do or die and it starts vs Jax. Our team needs to bring the rain!

padre31 and dolfan7171 like this.
  11. vt_dolfan

As well...

Anyone who thinks if Henne goes down...Pat White would actually be the QB who goes in..is crazy. Dear god I hope our coaches dont think like that.

jetssuck likes this.
  12. vt_dolfan

We have to get out of the mindset of playing scared...and instead take it to the team we are facing. Force them to have to protect their weakness'. I love coaches approach last game....and I cant see him going back in a shell.....

We are opening our team up...gonna get more snaps for Wake and let him go, and let our recievers get YAC. We need to be an attacking team, and this mindset is created, then cultivated. Even if we lose, and dont make the playoffs...we need to become a team that knows how to win, and get that killer instinct.

As well...we havent been the greatest 4th qtr team unless nobody has noticed, why keep it close to win in the fourth.....lets win it in the second and third and make the 4th a moot point.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this is difficult time for White to gain experience. Henne needs all the snaps he can get this season, game time & practice. putting Pat in for first down than pulling him is not going to develop or evaluate his play. it is what it is. Henne is the focus of Dolphin attention & the the other two QB's will have to wait.

Bpk and jetssuck like this.
  14. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I didn't know those stats, I thought their run D was worse. Anyway, I would like to see a little more run with Hilliard and Polite. I feel like we didn't use Polite enough on 3rd/4th and short, that is where he shines. We took a big risk when we gave the ball back to the Pats a few times before we converted with the pass. Luckily, it worked out anyway since the Pats had a meltdown of their own. Would love to see the passing game step up again this week though! I just cant wait for this game.

Delfin Alejandro likes this.
  15. vt_dolfan

And yes...the only thing Pat White can do that a backup QB should be able to do...is run. Cuz right now...he sure cant pass, and folks, its not like this is recent....Pat has been Horrible since training camp.

Ronnie Brown is right now a more accurate passer than White....what the hell does that tell you.

Bpk and jetssuck like this.
  16. vt_dolfan

White can get all the experience he needs...by watching. I dont want Pat White anywhere near the field for the rest of the season. Not giving up on him, just not this year. Sure Ill be glad if he does something great when he goes in.....but anyone who doesnt say....oh sh*t when he takes a snap is lying.

Bpk, jetssuck and Delfin Alejandro like this.
  17. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Thats so true....I pull for him cause what I saw for the last 4yrs and know what kind of athlete he is....and I expect him to break out of the "nervous nelly" vibe I get from him this year.....but my "Oh sh*t" is if he doesn't do "something great" then he wont get the benefit of the doubt in some threads.

Its a shame.....its not easy for a Rookie to impress folks; but get behind the 8-ball out of the shoot and its an albatross the minute a negative occurs, regardless of future success on given play, game, season.....many just lay in the weeds waiting for mistake to jump and pounce.

djphinfan and Bpk like this.
  18. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree we need to have some boldness. No fear..we need to be fearless. What do we need to fear? If we play the way I know we can play, no one could stop us. In fact, teams will be fearing us. They should be scared of us, because Chad Henne is going to shread them apart in the air and Ricky/Hillard is going to smash them on the ground. We need to attack offensively and defensively and often. The more pressure the better. This will be a physical game, so let's bring the pain baby:up: Let's see who the more physical and the more tough team out there. We know who it is: the Miami Dolphins of course!! Final Score: 28-14 Miami.

19. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This is looking like a even matchup according to the stats.
    Not a walk in the park.
    ---------PF PA HOME ROAD DIV CONF
    MIA 6-6 278 296 4-2 2-4 4-2 4-4
    JAC 7-5 225 273 5-1 2-4 3-2 6-2

dolfan7171 likes this.
  20. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    off with their heads

SICK likes this.
  21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've studied the Jags and came away somewhat impressed, they have a solid front 7, run multiple fronts 3-4/4-3 and outside of the Jets game they are surrendering 68 ypg rushing.

They have some explosive athletes, they are no pushovers in any sense of the term, they have had an easier schedule than we have ahd but still, they did what they have to do to win.

Bpk likes this.
  22. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Thats a impressive run defense did not know they stopped the run so good. Glad Henne had the opportunity to show us he can go airborne if needed early in a game.

Bpk likes this.
  23. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

68 yards per game rushing defense is a SCARY stat, man.

That means Henne may have to throw us down the field again. I'm not sure how many consistently great games in a row you can expect of any first-year starter so I hope we can at least get 100 yards with Jake Grove leading the way.

And, for the record, we are 3 wins 4 losses against base 4-3 front teams, and 3 wins 2 losses against base 3-4 teams. I think our O-line may function slightly better vs. 3-4 looks.

24. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i often wake up in the night soaking wet with sweat and have to convince myself it is not real im only having a nightmare
    pat white is not our qb
    pat white is not our qb
    pat white is not our qb
    as i drift off back to sleep

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dolphins win 62-7.

SICK and MonstBlitz like this.
  26. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    One can only dream 10 years later. Karma is a *****.