1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMQ: Dolphins will try anything!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Oct 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091013&sportCat=nfl

The article itself begins with the discussion of NFL offense fads (no dig at the wildcat I can see) and how, scoring is constant for the past 1/2 century, and receiving TDs are not up. Good read.

Clipse and Colmax like this.
  2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I have no problem with Miami trying it as long as it works. I think the staff feels the same.

What I really like is how the Wildcat has evolved. I really was impressed with the gameplan last night, and how Henning dealt with a blitz-happy Jets D. I especially like the rollout with Henne on the last drive with "My Boy B-Lou" Polite making an integral block.

I am sure if it did not work, this staff would not beat it to the ground like a dead horse. Fortunately, it works, and is extremely effective. Now we need to get Pasqualoni to shore up that D and we'll be in business. Is there a Wildcat D?

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Couldnt they have picked a better looking cheerleader? Her teeth are bigger than Mr Ed's.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Easterbrook is usually pretty solid. He actually understands that its not a "gimmick" formation but a power running formation designed to add extra blockers and create mismatches. Hes also a fair bit less biased than most.