1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todays practice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by peakz, Aug 12, 2012.

1. peakz

peakz New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    SICK, CWBIII, Disnardo and 9 others like this.
  2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    there you go Coach. See what this kid is made of.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Walking wounded:

-DNP

Dansby
    Burnett
    Thigpen

Compression sleeves
    Steve Slaton
    McDaniel

Garner sprained an ankle but is practicing, Rey Feinga returns to practice, Philbin wants to talk with Ocho but sounds like they are in favor of waiving him.

CWBIII and Bpk like this.
  4. peakz

peakz New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yeah, I can't see him staying after this.
    Now we really need the young receivers to step up.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Tanne-Whoop-***

lets hope he opened one today in practice.

6. seabass0795

seabass0795 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Orlando
    Add Daniel Thomas to the list of compression sleeves and hartline isnt practicing either

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    You got to love how our wonderful reporters tell us that Tanny practiced with the ones, but dont tell us how he looked.

Sleepy, Bpk and slickj101 like this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Philbin is facing some key decision points atm, imo the pace of practice is beginning to wear down the players.

Either this is exactly what he wants and is trying to weed out the weak from the strong, or he needs to throttle back.

x2 with the Chad Johnson situation, I suspect Philbin will keep him on the roster.

Ohio Fanatic and Bpk like this.
  9. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly Reggie Bush just scored a 30-yard touchdown on a broken assignment. Ryan Tannehill was the QB. Good read.

SICK, Sleepy, Bpk and 6 others like this.
  10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    No, they'll save that for the report they write to get more hits most likely.

ToddPhin likes this.
  11. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Bingo. Now that there's some excitement over a QB, they're going to milk every single cent of advertising revenue possible. Want to know how Tannehill looked? Click on our money-generating Sulia link, which will forward you to an ad-laden news page, which will refer you to our blog!

Mr772 and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  12. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Looks like we need to temper our enthusiasm a bit...

Bpk likes this.
  13. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I would hope Philbin, being as smart as he is, would have a better pulse on the team than to flat out run them into the ground. They are rotating groups after all.

14. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Newspapers need all the money they can get, dude...

SICK and 2k5 like this.
  15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Same here, but we both are seeing the trend, this is not a good thing at all.

16. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

More from Volin

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Philbin kept them out in the rain to practice, this I like, they did not go inside until the lightning started.

siciliansith and Bpk like this.
  18. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I doubt that they're being overworked physically. The Dolphins probably have the highest snap count among NFL teams, but given the new CBA stuff it's still probably less work and less physical than they have been in the past.

SICK, CWBIII, Mr772 and 3 others like this.
  19. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    who cares all they do is feed you propaganda bull****, almost as bad as the local news.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You mean the habitually piss-drunk old guy in the booth used to play for us?

21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, aside from Thomas, the veterans seem to be wearing down for some reason.

A part of me like this as it reminds me of Shula, a part of me think he should give them a light day or just a recovery day. I don't like soft football players, but also think there is a point of exhaustion were injuries happen, Groins, ankles, hammies etc.

Bpk likes this.
  22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Ryan Tannehill went from "no chance in hell" to the favorite for the starting job in like two weeks.

SICK, Sleepy, MikeHoncho and 5 others like this.
  23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    a compression sleeve does not necessarily mean injury.

24. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Who is wearing down, though? I think there's a limited number of cases where you can say that's possibly true. They've been pretty healthy through camp, and I'm not sure they came out of the Bucs game with a surprising amount of injuries.

CWBIII and Fin D like this.
  25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Burnett, McDaniel, Dansby.

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Of course, and Garrard's knee surgery has nothing to do with that.

27. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Remember Pod, these guys aren't doing a lot of hitting in practice, running and drills yes, hitting, notsomuch.

CWBIII likes this.
  28. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Poor reporting. Ahead in play or the depth chart?

29. dolfan22

OmarKelly Roberto Wallace beat Sean Smith for a 40-yard touchdown pass from Matt Moore during 7-on-7.

OmarKelly "We have three amazing quarterbacks. They all can throw it. You want to see them out here as teammates but things happen" Roberto Wallace. 30 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly "I have no idea what's going.I just do what they tell me.Unfortunately we're short one receiver today,"Roberto Wallace on working as starter 31 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly Roberto Wallace caught a deflected pass from Rayn Tannehill during the 11-on-11 series

30. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Poor reporting by who? The reporter, or the reporter of the reporter? Here are Ben Volin's successive tweets on the subject:

Seems pretty clear to me.

31. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This means the depth chart (at Wr anyways) changed SIGNIFICANTLY due to Chad's arrest AND the preseason game showing. Wallace had been fifth string.

32. Bpk

What a difference 48 hours makes... Garrard to Chad Johnson looked like it would be a bread-and-butter play this season.

Now both may end up gone.

33. dolfan22

More tweets :

JeffDarlington profile

JeffDarlington Philbin reiterates he'd like to have his starting QB named after 2nd preseason game (which is Friday), but he'll be "flexible" if necessary. 8 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    ArmandoSalguero profile

ArmandoSalguero Joe Philbin says he'd like to name a QB starter after second preseason game and prior to Game 3. But ... "We'll remain flexible." 56 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    apoupartFins profile

apoupartFins Philbin: Best scenario remains deciding starting QB before third preseason game. about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP Philbin says at some point Tannehill will get reps with the 1's against the 1's in a preseason game, possibly Friday vs #Panthers about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly Joe Philbin said "in one of these games" he's planning on getting Ryan Tannehill starting reps vs. the opposing first team defense.

SICK and slickj101 like this.
  34. Bpk

The Dolphins are able to run more plays than anyone in the league = The Dolphins players are more exhausted by gameday than any players in the league.

The key to INTENSE work periods that are shorter is you MUST take recovery VERY seriosuly. Philbin, as a first time head coach, probably assumes these guys are being 'professional' aboiut recovering in their off time. Meanwhile, they are drinking beer and shooters, partying at South Beach, smoking cigs and stuff.

Oh for the days of Zach Thomas and his hyperbaric chambers, saline tanks and Ricky Williams holistic health dedication. lol.

These dudes may not be resting and eating properly, plus may be polluting in their off time. CJ ate effing McDonalds for God's sake. You can't do Hi-Intensity Training and eat that crap.

35. Bpk

Who ****ed up the assignment?

36. dolfan22

OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly "He's doing some good things. We're waiting for guys to take a hold of that position and solidify his spot," Philbin on Roberto Wallace.

ArmandoSalguero There you go ... RT @finsjesse: Philbin wouldn't rule out Tannehill starting Friday at Carolina. 4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly "We're going to make a decision when we have enough information on everybody," Joe Philbin said about QB battle. 5 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    ArmandoSalguero profile

ArmandoSalguero Plan is to get Ryan Tannehill snaps with starters vs. starting Carolina defense. My guess is he STARTS. But just a guess. 5 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    apoupartFins profile

apoupartFins Philbin: Make a decision on Garrard when have good information on him

37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Continuing along with this steady, but in some ways frustrating, ramping up of Tannehill's work load.

38. dolfan22

No Idea , from that I take it it wasn't either Bush or Tanneyhill , but just my assumption.

39. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Hooray Roberto! I hope he continues to grow now that he is playing with ones.

Bpk likes this.
  40. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Philbin said this is the most important week of practice of the offseason, said THill could start Friday and he would name a starting Qb after the Carolina game.

Spoke highly of Spitler and Truz's intensity in the last game.

SICK likes this.