1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Brady behind scheduled return

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by finattic79, Dec 28, 2008.

1. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
  2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't see how they resign Cassel unless they plan on cutting ties with Brady. Somebody else will offer something better than NE can.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    thats my thinking.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If I'm not mistaken a player on IR doesn't impact the cap. They could put Brady on IR, and give Cassell and one year deal for VERY good money and the chance to win a championship. Or a multi year deal thats frontloaded with money, making it easy to cut ties with him when/if Brady came back.

5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I just think somebody else will offer him a long term deal that's better. Does he really want to stick around and play caretaker or does he want to move on with his career, he's not getting any younger. Also I think the Patriots are about to stop being the team everybody thinks they can jump on for a year and win a championship with. They haven't won since 04 and it doesn't look like that's going to change this season.

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'm not saying he won't leave, but I think it's possible that they can resign him. Also who's to say they WONT cut ties with Brady? Cassell hasn't been a dropoff at QB and Brady is no guarantee to ever play well again after the injury.

7. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I wouldnt be surprised if they cut ties with Brady. Belicheat is a disciple of BP and BP hates prima-donna QBs and we all know Brady is one. I'm not saying BB will cut ties with Brady now but i wouldnt be surprised if he did down the road.

If I were BB, I would franchise MC for one year and see how he does & how Brady's knee's are going. If Brady still isn't well then franchise MC for one more year and go from there. If MC leads them to the PO & Brady isn't well. then sign MC to a long-term contract & try to trade Brady for whatever you can get. I bet teams would still pay a 1st or a 2nd for Brady.

I was listening to ESPN radio 1050am this morning and Trent D said that he recently talked to Brady. He said how can Brady be having a set back when he hasn't started his rehab yet. thats what Trent said in a nutshell.

Honestly, I would believe anything from Patsville when it comes to injuries. Who's to say, MC's agent didn't plant this to try to get more $ from the Pats.

8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Schefter just debunked this rumor on the NFLN. said popular consensus is he's right on schedule.