1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano Approval Rating

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phinatical, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Phinatical

Phinatical New Member

Oct 18, 2008
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well the only vote that counts is mine...and I approve...(just joking...)...

I am quite pleased with Sparano...I really figured he be more of a Parcells clone, but he's his own man...certainly more personable amongst the press and fans than the Tuna is/was...

I'm also glad that Bill has chosen a back seat in the press. It gives more credit to Sparano, Ireland, and the rest of the staff. I don't think too many people (fans) are too worried about Bill the Mad Scientist in the background with his hand up Sparano's back in Charlie McCarthy style....

3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Well finally. Do you guys think we really have a "coach" that really cares about the team? He said in his presser that he loved all his guys. I thought that was a big clue as to what kind of man & coach he's going to be for us.
    He's winning me over more and more after each week.

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Sparano is just what this team needs. Since Shula we've gone through two egomaniacs, two pushover tools and Bates. Sparano has stoked a fire under this team and it shows.

dolphindebby likes this.
  5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I agree opie. I love his attitude and his pressers actually impress me.
    The players all seem to like him and respect him.
    I like that he has such a sense of humor too.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

what's not to love about Tony Sparano, he is NO clone of Parcells, though he is smart enough to learn everything he can, every week, from the future HOF BP. He (Tony) is his own man, his players love him, they play their hearts out for him. He has a great way with the press, he is not afraid to innovate (WildCat was his idea, he's the one who told QB coach to try it out), he has changed the heart and sould of this team. We now find ways to win in tough situations where before Sparano we would have found ways to lose.

I believe we are going to love having Tony Sparano as our HC for many, many years! I have become as big a fan of Tony as I am (always have been) of Bill Parcells.

7. Well said, PhinsRock. Perfect --

8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Poor Tom Cable. He doesn't even look like a good coach. Looks more like a mugshot...

[​IMG]

PhinsFanWife likes this.
  9. Poor thing, bless his heart -- "Who am I? What am I doing here?"

MonstBlitz likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. Its funny though, you look around the league and you see a guy like Marinelli in Detroit and his situation. Him and Sparano are the same or at least seem to be. Both love their players and both are hard-working guys who will be straight forward with you. However, the one difference and it is the difference why this team's 4-4 and Detroit's 0-8 is that Sparano doesn't love his guys too much. Marinelli loves his guys so much that he's so loyal to them and he won't bench them or he won't take them out of the game. On the other side of this, Sparano respects all his players like Marinelli but if you make a mistake, you can bet that you won't be in that same starting spot or situation next week.

theWeasel and Agua like this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hes genuine in his care for his players and coaches, hes tough, hes smart and hes enthusiastic, he was hand picked by the smartest man in football and hes all ours baby.

His fist pumps after first downs were quite funny, he looked like the penguin out there with those beady glasses, lol..i love em

12. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    sgtphin likes this.
  13. OMG, your sig is just down right SCARY (from someone that had a black greyhound)..... :wink2:

JCowScot likes this.
  14. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    :lol: Thanks...I honestly don't know what breed that beefed-up one is, but it looked so close, I couldn't not do it. I'll give it another couple of weeks before I change it. It still makes me laugh.:up:

*Sigh* I miss having pets.:sad: