Tony Sparano gets Game Ball from the Team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    We'll continue to be in most games. But a defense that doesn't cause turnovers paired with an inconsistent back-up QB is no recipe to go on a run.

2. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Honestly the more I think about it the more Sparano should get some kudos. All year long he has put the team in positions to win but they never executed well.

Its not to say that coaching doesnt deserve some of the fault, but if this team goes on a run similar to the Redskins under Marty Schottenheimer, I might not be opposed to keeping Sparano. The Redskins made a mistake of firing Schotty IMO, but I think Sparano still has a slight chance to save his job.

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I love these victory videos. Glad they got to celebrate. I just wish their circumstances were different. Impressive that Sparano still has that team.

I'm sure you were the picture of serenity when Greg Camarillo streaked into the endzone in 2007. After all, they were 1-12. ;)

Have you ever been in a dugout or a locker room under similar circumstances? Do you realize what they put into this every week? Have you forgotten what we, the fan base, have thrown at them? For gods sake, their own fans want them to lose. The stadium ROARED when they blew it against Denver.

This was a big mountain to overcome. And they played well.

Really, who are we to tell them how to feel in THEIR locker room?

I realize them winning doesn't serve our agenda. But they wouldn't be competitors and professionals if they didn't have some swagger after that game. It's clear that they haven't given up and continue to work hard. As a man, I respect perseverance.

Sparano and those players have every right to give us both middle fingers, 360 around the room.

4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Better be.. These clowns should have lost yea we won one now go tank it up before Indy out does us again..

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    What is clear from that video is he HASN'T lost that locker room.....not one bit....

6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    2007 was simply relief. The team and it's fans had no delusions that they were good.

This team is delusional. They think they should be really good and that somehow winning once out of their first 8 tries is a big "F U" to me and that I should grovel back.

Nope. They can give me the finger all they want. I simply look at the standings in the paper. Otherwise known as reality

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That's the thing. I think they're giving you a middle finger and don't want you back either. :lol:

It's like the feeling you get when the ***** who treated you bad sees you with the new and improved model. :D

unluckyluciano and Nappy Roots like this.
  8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    We get out first win of the season in November and we should keep Sparano now? Oh boy. Sparano has to win out to even have a shot at saving his job. And that might not even be enough. Six of their losses are AFC losses. Their chances of sitting out of the postseason at 9-7 would be great.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Come on they're 1-7. They're not exactly in 'How do you like me now?' mode. Realistically they'll finish 5-11 and that's if they continue to play decently the rest of the season.

10. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Imagine if they win again, they'll have to get fitted for their rings soon.

Oh wait, there are no rings for teams that are 2-7 after nine games but in some fantasy world should be 6-3? My mistake.

Look, they can celebrate however they want and I understand that they are working hard, but spare me the "how you like me now" nonsense at 1-7. Act like you've been there before

finyank13 and jetssuck like this.