1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano v. Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NolePhin, Jun 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    dolfan7171 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The media down here has gotten pretty mean-spirited over Rex Ryan, someone for all intents and purposes seems to be a pretty good guy outside of being the Jets head coach.

I'd be a huge fan if he wasn't their coach, because the guy has brought entertainment back to a segment of the profession that has basically been terrible, trained P.R. bull****.

3. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    In Ryan's defense, when you weigh a 1,000 pounds you need something a little more drastic than some jogging and boxing.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Follow in the steps of Shula
    [​IMG]

padre31 likes this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're right, I guess "eating less" isn't a viable option.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    WEll, I find myself in the camp that thinks Ryan is a blowhard, however I'm glad that he had that surgery as fun is fun, but he was morbidly obese and the hours NFL coaches put in was and is setting himself up for a stroke or worse.

So Screw you Rexxy, but lose some weight as no one wants to see you in the hospital ya putz ya!

As for Sparano, that is just the kind of guy he is, he puts himself in his players shoes and just starts grinding.

7. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I agree with padre. I don't see him as a "nice guy", I see him as a schoolyard bully. Talks alot of ****, then makes excuses when he gets his *** handed to him.

8. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    If I saw my coach training like Sparano is, I would die on the field before quitting. I think The our players play even harder than they were, not only is Tony the kinda coach you love playing for, this just makes you play that much harder, imo.

dolfan7171 and steveincolorado like this.
  9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    All I have to say is F- Rex Ryan:up:

10. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    That's what they said about Rex last season. A player's coach. Perhaps they both are.

11. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Holy hell....has lap band surgery and has only lost 39 pounds in 3 months???

My friend had the same surgery last year and lost close to 60 in two months.

Tony's lost almost the SAME amount doing it the RIGHT way.

Way to go Paisan!

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  12. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wrong.

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Players should be afraid of Tony Boxing.

14. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Touché, I can't compete with a well-reasoned case like this.

15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Just by eating right you should lose 2 pounds a week. You don't even have to work out. Just mix in some salads and stop eating the caloric intake of a Rhino on a daily basis. Since most months have on average 4 weeks or around 30 days, he should've lost at least 36 lbs. in 3 months if he wasn't such a disgusting blob.

Pagan likes this.
  16. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I want Rex healthy so there are no excuses for every game we kick his teams ***. I do look forward to seeing him cry after each game though, most fun there is. Don't have anything against Rex personally, and I think he's a decent coach, but he IS a blowhard and DOES crave the limelight. So let him have it, every crying session. I want Tony to get the limelight on the podium accepting the Lombardi trophy for us.

Puka-head likes this.
  17. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    You're kidding right?

Lombardi could coach that team with Montana at QB in his prime, Barry Sanders at RB, and the Steel Curtain defense and there would ALWAYS be an excuse when we beat them.

These are the Jets...the crown princes of excuses.

18. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    A friend of mine had it done 4 or 5 weeks ago and she's only lost 8 lbs.
    She started eating solids way sooner that she was supposed to. I don't see it working for her.
    You have to excersize etc. with it and she does nothing.

dolfan7171 and Pagan like this.
  19. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

You have said it perfectly.....i am touched:yes:

Pagan likes this.
  20. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I think it also shows some symbolism here. The dolphins are trying to slowly build a force through the draft and a few free agent pickups along with good coaching while the jets are trying to quickly fix everything by signing a whole mess of high end free agents in one offseason. Just a thought....

Trowa and Wildcat23 like this.
  21. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Wow...she's doing everything wrong huh? Sorry to hear that Debs.

My friend had it done because 5 years ago she came home (8 months pregnant) to find her husband dead on the floor in the bathroom of an overdose when she never even knew he had a problem. That sent her into a whirlwind of depression that lasted all this time, in which she ballooned to well over 300 pounds from a very attractive woman of about 125.

Finally she realized she needed to make herself healthy for her son's sake, so she had the surgery and has been diligent. She now goes out to clubs at night and feels much better about herself.

Hope your friend wakes up and does the same thing.

22. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Embarrassing journalism.

Very Salguero-esque.

23. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Rex Ryan might be a decent coach that his players like playing for, but he shows no class in his words and actions. Tony Sparano does, and his players respect him even more for it and play their tails off for him. I felt like the coaching staff regressed last season, Sparano included, and made some very questionable calls (like the timeout right before the half against NO for example), but I think that it's a learning process for them just like it is for the players. I have a good feeling about this year.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  24. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    no. The crap talking then the excuse dishing part doesn't really make him seem so swell, outside of being a jets coach. He belittles the competition when he loses. The scumbag bill belichick is a better guy than Rex.

TotoreMexico and jetssuck like this.
  25. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Is Rex ryan an Umpa Lumpa ?
    [​IMG]

26. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Not quite.
    [​IMG]

I MiZFiT I likes this.
  27. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

WOW.....This portrait of Rex even got the breasts right...

[​IMG]

steveincolorado likes this.
  28. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Have to disagree on this one!

He might be the nicest guy in the world but he is nothing short of arrogant as an NFL Head Coach. He also went way overboard by exchanging jab after jab with another teams player. Crowder was also an idiot in doing the same thing but to me Ryan is nothing close to the type of entertainment I'd want. He might prove to be a really good head coach but I'll take Sparano over him 10 times out of 10....

jetssuck, dolfan7171 and RevRick like this.
  29. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I know someone who had a gastric bypass and lost about 150 lbs, but never made lifestyle changes and he's gained almost all of it back

30. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    ...says the only Jet fan in the thread.

Surprise, surprise.

31. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I still hate the jests...always have, always will, but...

When you talk about a person, even if he is the HC of the jests, for his health's sake, I hope Rexy does well and loses enough to make himself healthier. I feel the same way about Tony. It doesn't matter how you do it, lap band surgery or exercise and diet regimen or whatever as long as it works. My hat's off to both of them. Now DNA plays a big portion of both of their problems, but eating habits and physical condition plays a lot as well. I think you have to separate between the two men and their respective jobs. I have as much respect for both for what they are doing to make themselves healthier.

That all said, screw Rexy and the jests...I hope then go 0-16 this year, next year, the year after that, the year after that, etc....

32. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    That's kind of the underlying point. For someone like Rex that has been eating cheeseburgers since before he had teeth, going the easy way out to lose all that weight generally results in him gaining it all back due to not changing his eating habits.

I would be shocked if he actually keeps all the weight off. When you don't work for it, it has no value to you; like money.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  33. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    His parents fed it to him in bottle form as a baby.

34. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    So says the 27 year old. :pity:

Puka-head and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  35. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Wow, lots of ripping on the guy for getting lap band surgery? I hate him as much as anyone, but seriously, he's a LOT bigger than Tony was. When you hit a certain critical mass (jokes aside), you need to drop that weight off ASAP for health reasons. Yes, it is POSSIBLE to go it slow and do it right. But honestly we don't know the facts.

So lay off him guys. If he puts the weight back on, yeah, lets tear into him and make fun of the fatty mcfatfat. But everyone has to embark on this journey their own way.

I was up to 255 lbs flabby myself about a year and a half ago, and dropped down to 200 muscular over the course of a full year of eating better and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I didn't completely change my diet to be super healthy, but I can imagine how awful and long it would be to do that from what he was weighing. Hopefully for his sake the big jump in weight gives him some motivation to keep it off, and slim down to a healthy weight for him.

36. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Is that the picture of him after he lost the weight??

37. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    It's one thing to be fat and humble and embark on a journey to lose the weight.

When you're fat and OBNOXIOUS?

Eff Rex.

dolphindebby likes this.
  38. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

It's last week.

39. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm very proud of our coach for putting in the hard work to make himself healthier. I had to take off 60lbs a couple of years ago and work hard at having a good diet and getting enough exercise now. I have to, I'll be 62 when my baby (6 months old today, Happy Birthday Froggie)graduates from high school.

But Tony...I've got some bad news for you brother.

No matter how much weight you lose

Rex will ALWAYS be the BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!

dolphindebby and jetssuck like this.