1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by funkdat, Nov 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    This is kind of silly, but how tall is he???

I've looked all over on line and can't find anything.I'm only asking cuzz he' looks like he's around 1/2 a foot shorter then the guys who are 6'3.

He very well may be the shortest head coach in the NFL.........

Anyways i think he's 5'8 ,anyone know???

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

3'6'' :)

edit:

i googled and couldn't find anything on height. but he used to be a center.

3. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Thanks , i Googled as well, thats why i'm asking,,,,,,, but didn't know he was a center.

Odds are is 5'10 but he looks real short around CP and others that are 6'3.

4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I tried to help out your curiosity by looking myself - no luck. But I did find something else of interest.
    Coach Sparano is the original cookie monster (and majored in Criminal Justice).
    Check it out.

Character became a connecting thread throughout Tony’s life. He majored in Criminal Justice at the University of New Haven, played on the football team, and worked the late shift at a local convenience store. But what his friends remember most are the cookies he consistently brought home after his convenience store shift to set out on the table with glasses of milk. “Imagine a table full of big football players at 3 a.m. having a plate of milk and cookies,” says college roommate Lindy Jones. “He was always more of a father than a schoolmate.”

http://www.newhaven.edu/alumni/scholarshipball2008/21169/

gafinfan likes this.
  5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i was waiting for a picture of cookie monster with the head taken off and sparanos head poking out of the costume :(

late again likes this.
  6. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
  7. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Im 6'8, I will happily donate some of my height to Tony. :yes:

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

I have a buddy that is 6-8. (and 310) Nearly every time we were at a resturant, some bluehair would wander over and ask. 'Just how tall ARE you?" One morning, I told Rick, ya know, you need to come up with something different" well, within minutes another old lady wandered over and asked, the question Rick replied. "4 foot 32" she ambled back over and you could see her and her husband doing the arithmatic. It was a hoot when they arrived at 6-8..you could see the "ahHA, we got it"

Phinz420 and gafinfan like this.
  9. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    :lol: That's great. I know how he feels, as every stranger who meets me either looks at me in amazement(OMG A TALL GUY!) or straight up asks me how tall I am. I generally play dumb and act as if I don't care how tall I am, as it is not exactly something I am proud of. I mean seriously, it's just genetics people. I wasn't awarded for any accomplishments with height. :D