1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano's goal: Return to playoffs for Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/961782.html

:D
    I don't agree with DE being a position of need. He's implies that we hit on Merling and Langford, but DE is a need?
    This worried me a bit, but the hell with them..there's a first time for everything. ;)

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Looking at this team, the regime is determined to build with a long term view, even when that means giving up veterans playing well now so we can develop younger talent for the future: see Andre Goodman and Vonnie holliday.

Next year we may very well progress long-term as a team, but field a less capable team. I expect to win 9 games, but be younger at most positions.

The true litmus for this team will be in 2010.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I find that hard to believe since we lost little production-wise as far as Holliday and improved our size up front. We also get to showcase a guy who is arguably better in Starks.

As far as Goodman goes yes but that had more to do with protecting the long-term financial stability of the team. We would not have signed Wilson and Grove if it were a purely draft built organization. They expect to fully compete and I believe that.

Sceeto likes this.