1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 best singers of all time (Or something like that).

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Mcduffie81, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Well the best way I can explain this song is it’s like listening to Ella Fitzgerald singing scat. The singer is using her voice as a musical instrument, and the orchestration is leaving holes for the singer’s voice to fill. It’s more like listening to a trumpet solo than listening to a regular song.

2. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    That helps. It’s certainly an attained taste the way I see it. I love music but I don’t take music as serious as I experience Opera. It’s a bit too technical and moody for me personally. I don’t mean to sound shallow, close minded or dense....but I’ve probably been called worse.

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I’ll let you in on a little secret - going to the opera is like going to a Michael Bay movie. The plot is ridiculous, the acting and sets are over the top but the explosions/music are next level great. To get started don’t try to pick up the nuances of the music, just enjoy the show. It helps a lot if you have a friend who knows the plot to fill you in as the actions unfold. Probably the worst way to start is to listen to “the top 10 opera songs of all time”.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sam Cooke - The GOAT, hands down
    Marvin Gaye
    Smokey Robinson
    Ray Charles
    Ella Fitzgerald
    Billie Holliday
    Van Morrison - His vocals with Them....damn.
    John Lennon I'm a Paul guy, but John had a cooler voice
    Carl Wilson - He sang lead on God Only Knows. Nuff said.
    Phil Lynott - Best rock n roll singer ever
    Buddy Holly - Invented everything for the next 50+ years
    Whitney Houston
    Prince