1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 Overrated Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RealDriscoll, Oct 21, 2008.

1. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    Overrated:

1) James Laurinaitis-Inside Linebacker-Ohio State

**I question Laurinaitis' ability to shed blockers at the next level. I cannot question Laurinaitis' heart and intensity but his size might play against him at the next level.

2) Michael Johnson-Defensive End-Georgia Tech

** There is no question that he is the most impressive athlete in this draft but the guy is known strictly for his potential rather than his play. I have seen him going as high as #2 overall in mock drafts but the guy has to start putting up some numbers before I fall for it.

3) Mark Sanchez-Quarterback-USC

** Sanchez waited for this position and I think it is unlikely that he enters the 2009 Draft but he might if Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow stay in school. I see Sanchez as strictly a product of the system. Nothing that Sanchez does blows me away and during the big games he doesn't make many plays

4) Keiland Williams-Running Back-LSU

** I have never seen this guy make a nice play. He is another one of those guys with a ton of potential. In one of my favorite movies " A Bronx Tale", Robert Deniro says there is nothing than a waste of talent...boy was he right.

5) Fili Moala-Defensive Tackle-USC

**Before the NCAA season I saw some pople have him in their Top 5 and he has been an utter disappointment. I dont have him as a top 5 defensiv etackle in the draft and see him falling to Round 2. When you have 5 first round picks surrounding you I guess anyone can look good.

6) Brian Cushing-Outside Linebacker-USC
    **He too is lucky to be surrounded by such great talent because I do not think that this guy is going to be a succesful pro. He better get drafted by a team that runs a 4-3.

7) Al Woods-Defensive Tackle-LSU

** This guy cannot even crack the starking lineup on LSU and he is a projected 1st-2nd round pick? I don't buy it. He might be big but Matt Cassell is the only college backup I see starting in the NFL.

8) Taylor Mays-Safety-USC

** Yes another Trojan. Mays is a good player but I do not think that he is an elite safety. I do not think he is even in the ball park of Laron Landry. For him to go in the T0p 15 is merely a joke.

9) Tim Tebow-Quarterback-Florida

**I will probably get slammed for this but I don't think he is a good enough passer to be succesful in the NFL. His ability to run will be negated by the speed of the game. He won't be able to do jump passes at the next level.

10) Louis Murphy-Wide Receiver-Florida

*This guy was suppossed to bust out and has not done squat. It seems that everyone on Florida is making plays besides Murphy. I don't think he is a Top 20 Wide Receiver in the entire draft. I'd much rather have Maclin, Crabtree, Heward Bay, Harvin, McKinley, Derrick Williams, Iglesias, Jaison Williams, Brandon Tate (injury or not), Ramses Barden, etc. etc.

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Tough putting Keiland Williams on there. He's not had enough PT to be considered over or underrated but what he did do last year was spectacular.

3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I was really surprised at all the preseason hype Murphy was getting in the first place. Hard to stand out with Percy Harvin lining up beside you, not to mention all the other weapons on Florida's offense. I think it was more of a sign of how weak the senior WR class is than anything else.