1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 reasons I bleed A&O

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Jun 11, 2010.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

10. The perfect season. Yes, it's history in the NFL. The history of the NFL isn't what necessarily excites me about the game itself, and it's important for me to know the history because I'm a fan of the team, but in the large scheme of things that's not why I bleed A&O.

9. Tecmo Bowl. That's right. The reason why I even know about the Dolphins, or football at all, is because of Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. I picked the Dolphins because I like the color orange, liked the logo, and heard they had a great quarterback in

8. Dan Marino. My favorite dolphin player all time. The man is a ****in beast. I don't have to tell you. You know.

7. The dominant defenses over the years. From the no names to the killer B's to Zach Thomas and JT (who I was unfortunately not watching football for at the time). Defense has since become a somewhat scary way of life in MIA since, but with the new additions in the off-season I'm excited. I love defense about football, and it's my favorite aspect to learn about in any sport.

6. The Epic Wide Receivers Over The Years. Some say your best defense is a good offense, and there's no doubt that the receivers Marino and the historic Dolphins QB's threw to helped make the team a contender.

5. I believe for the most part the team is being built right now. I was too young to appreciate how the team was during the Marino years, and not alive during the glory days of the 70's. I feel like we're going to be set up well for a long time, even if Parcells departs. I think so long as we have Ireland and Sarano that for the most part we should be okay, depending on how their drafts pan out. I think so far so good. Sure a few mistakes, or at least what look like mistakes, but who doesn't make mistakes at times? We're human. The fact that we acquired Karlos Dansby & Brandon Marshall in one off-season - two premier name players at positions of NEED - and the drafting of 4 linebackers and mostly defensive players this off-season - my favorite side of play - shows me this FO knows what they're doing and has me excited for the franchise. Dear Stephen Ross, keep your hands off the football side of things. Thanks.

4. They're not the Bills, The Jets, Or the Pats. Simple enough, really. I wasn't watching football really when the Colts were in the division so I don't include them here. Manning has done incredible things for that franchise and I love watching him play. I am glad they're not in the division, though.

3. It reminds me of simpler times. My childhood. That time we all remember that was much simpler than things are now. Playing the NES and using Marino to make the most ridiculous passes (90 yards downfield) to beat my friends with little to no effort (and plenty of smack talk) was great.

2. They're not the BIlls, The Jets, Or the Pats. Simple enough, really. We don't suck, we don't run our mouths and win nothing, and we don't use video cameras and pretend like we win superbowls despite having the talent to do so.

(or)

The way our offense is set up now, and hopefully a dominant defense to come. This may sound similar to the FO putting the pieces together, but that has more to do with the long term security of the franchise. This is for the upcoming season. We're a power running team with a young QB with a lively arm and one of the better receivers in the league in a division with a defense that should challenge (the jets) and an offense that usually runs the score up (do I have to explain that one?). Our defense will hopefully chase their offense around, and I think our young linebackers will hopefully have the thrill of the hunt. Much like a lion chasing its meal we will pounce without warning. And we will kill. Heads will roll, and I'm looking forward to seeing opposing QB's on their ***.

and finally, the #1 reason why I bleed aqua and orange..

1. It's just right. They're the ****. The dolphins are the best. I'm loyal through thick and thin. I remember 1-15. I wore my hat with pride. It's just life and any other team would be just wrong.

You?

2. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

dolfan7171 and anlgp like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Might wanna have that checked out by a doctor.

CaribPhin likes this.
  4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    it is what it is: our team

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Besides what you mentioned:

Rebellion. My father is a die hard Bills fan. It truly crushed his spirits to see me become a devout Phins fan.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

It's football, and I live in Dolphin territory. They are my team, and a big reason I love them so much is this website, the family, camaraderie, intel, et al.

anlgp likes this.
  7. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    My Uncle is the same way except with the Jets. He flew into town for the AFC Championship game and came over to my place for beers/the game.

I can't tell you how amazing it was. He's better than most Jets fans in that he's realistic and knew they had a snowballs chance in hell against a Peyton Manning led Colts. But it was still so sweet to watch.

8. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Tecmo Super Bowl.

Marino to Clayton all day.

anlgp and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    1. Watching the Dolphins as a child at the invitation of my Dad from the 3rd quarter of the legendary Chrismas Eve 1971 playoff game v. KC. I guess I was 8 or 9 at that time. Watching the sharpness, intelligence and clean play of the Phins during the Shula years, especially with Griese at QB, was quite a formative experience.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I've been fortunate enough to have been around since the beginning. I went St.Thomas University (or Biscayne college, to some) to watch the first training camps and see this guy Wahoo McDaniels, just because of his name. I went to the OB to watch games until 1986 when JRS opened up. I complained about having 35 yrd line seats in the OB to corner EZ in JRS, but in reality the seats were just as good. I saw Myers, Griese, Morrall, Strock, Woodley, Marino and all the others from there on. I watched their history unfold, no doubt. I fell head over heels in love with 'Shues'....was sad the day Joe Robbie passed. I never had a bad experience, even in the losses...

However, I'm just as much a part of Henne, Marshall, Brown, Williams and all this current group as I was the first group of guys. What are the top 10 reasons...there are thousands, why stop at 10 ??

11. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Well said there!! I don't have a top ten but I do have to say that the # 1 reason I became a Dolphins fan and still is because of Dan Marino. The guy was sick!! I was sold when I saw him avoid a tackler while sliding around. He was still able to fire a laser into the endzone.

Crappy Tipper and anlgp like this.
  12. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    10. Danny Thomas' cigar on the sidelines.

9. Bob Griese's glasses under his helmet.

8. John Stofa's two knee braced legs running a naked reverse for a TD.

7. Larry Csonka getting flagged for Unnecessary Roughness while running the football.

6. Earl Morrall playing light's out for most of the 72 season.

5. Getting Don Shula from the Colts for a 1st Round Draft Pick.

4. A.J. Duhe snuffing the Jets..

3. John Offerdahl knocking the Nigerian Nightmare back into the hole he just ran through heads up.

2. Zach Thomas somersault into the end zone.

1. Dan Marino's pass knocking a visible cloud of chalk dust off the hands of a receiver in the San Diego game.

Just a few!!!

And the grand reason!

Being 15 when the announcement came out that the team would be formed, and then listening to Joe Auer take the opening kickoff of the opening game of the opening season 95 yards to a TD.

I was hooked.

13. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    suck up:shifty:

anlgp likes this.
  14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I loved the remarks that Keith Jackson (the TE) had about Marino. He said, after his first practice with Marino, this is the best QB I've ever played with. He asked me where I wanted the ball placed on a certain play. I thought to myself, yeah..right. So I told him, half joking, I wanted it on my right (helmet) cheek. The damn thing hit me in the right cheek, not once but every time he threw the ball. Finally I had to tell him to put it somewhere else, it was starting to give me a headache hitting me in the helmet...

15. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That is a funny story. I bet he would take him serious next time....

anlgp likes this.
  16. sloppyjoer

sloppyjoer New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    This alone has soooo much win! :up:

Puka-head likes this.
  17. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Some of mine are similar to the others mentioned here. I'm not going to rank these but here goes.

I was born the same day as the team...I've been a fan my whole life :up:

My oldest Daughters name is Hawaiian for Dolphin

Mom got me a Dolphin uniform to play with when I was three. Still got those pictures.

My Seventh birthday party during the superbowl Miami finishes the perfect season,by beating my dad's team.

A real live freakin Dolphin in the end zone!!!! Best. Mascot. EVER!.

Don Shula...even as a kid the way he demanded perfection, and accepted its consequences impressed me greatly.

A book I read in second grade, the story of four of the great ones. It had 3 other schmucks and Larry Csonka in it. I still remember the stories about all the times he broke his nose. One of the by falling while riding someones shoulders (his sister I think). I did the same thing the year I read the book.
    Larry Csonka is still the all-time greatest for me. I mean a running back...called for unnecessary roughness. :knucks:

My first organized football team, flag football was the Dolphins. The year the real Dolphins went undefeated, so did we, all the way tot the chamionship. And we didi it again the next year. DJ Dozier (went to Penn St as a running back, had a career ending knee injury) was our QB. I played C and MLB. I wore number 75 for Manny. Had two TD returning kicks. (DJ had like 15, I just got a couple they would'nt kick to him.):lol:

Dan Marino...let me count the ways

1981 AFC championship game. We lost but still one of the best games in history.

Still the only undefeated team in professional sports history. And even after a 1-15 season the highest winning percentage in NFL history.

Chicks dig the Dolphins!!!

I love the WILDCAT and the excitement it brings to the NFL. Having our team back in the spotlight again after the patsiefest the league has been for the last yrs is great.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!
    GO DOLPHINS

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  18. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Born in Florida the Summer of 1972, not hard to see it was meant to be.

Crappy Tipper likes this.