1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 Underrated Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RealDriscoll, Oct 21, 2008.

1. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    1) Vontae Davis-Cornerback-Illinois

*If you look up the defition of cornerback, Vontae Davis will probably be there. The kid is like Lex Luger, the total package. I know Parcells does not value corners highly but this kid is going to be special

2) Darius Butler-Cornerback-Connecticut

* I have heard the Dolphins are high on him and if he somehow falls to the Dolphins in Round 2 than they have to take him. He is a stud with a capital S.

3) Jason Smith-Offensive Tackle-Baylor

*While a lot of people are high on this guy his hype is being over-shadowed by the likes of Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Black, and of course Michael Oher. Smith is going to be a Pro Bowl Left Tackle in this league.

4) Patrick Chung-Safety-Oregon

* While Taylor Mays, Myron Rolle, William Moore, and even Kam Chancellor steal the hype Chung might just be the best safety in this draft.

5) Clint Stintim-Outside Linebacker-Virginia

* I expect Marcus Freeman, Gerald McGrath, and Brian Cushing to go before him but Stintim is the superior player.

6) Aaron Curry-Outside Linebacker-Wake Forest

* He is starting to get recognition but mark it down that Aaron Curry is the best linebacker not named Rey Maualuga in this draft.

7) Greg Hardy-Defensive End-Ole Miss

* If he declares he is the best fit for a 3-4 defensive end in the draft. Hardy is going to be a very good one.

8) Evander Hood-Defensive Tackle-Missouri

* The penetration this guy gets on the opposing offense line is amazing. This guy will climb up draft boards at the combine. We might even see him in Round 1. "Ziggy" is as athletic as they come for such a big man.

9) Juaquin Iglesias-Wide Receiver-Oklahoma

*Besides crabtree and Maclin, this guy would be the best receiver in the draft. His hands are amazing and while he is not a blazer, he does have great speed. With the pick we acquired from the Redsins or early in Round 3, this guy should be a steal.

10) Peria Jerry-Defensive Tackle-Ole Miss

* This guy is going to make someone very happy. Round 2 sleeper.

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Hard to tag Vontae Davis as underrated. Jason Smith is certainly deserving of that tag. Three corners; Kevin Barnes, AJ Jefferson and Sean Smith would be in there, as would Trevard Lindley. Andy Levitre is pretty underrated. Ray Feinga is another underrated prospect. Zac Robinson is underrated. Vince Oghobaase is a good DT and Larry English is a very good small school player. If he comes out, then Micah Johnson is a tremendous middle linebacker without the big name tag of a Maualuga.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Deon Butler is a very underrated WR (probably due to size).

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like English out of NIU. He is built like Terrell Suggs.

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Patrick Chung is a very hard-hitting safety and a nasty run-stuffer but he does space out sometimes in pass coverage (as seen twice against UCLA where the TE got past him). If he somehow drops to our 3rd round spot, I might give him a flyer.