1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 5 NFL Prospects Kiper/Mcshay

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by joeydolfan, Jan 13, 2009.

1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Take a look at the video and you see a real difference between Kiper and McShay. IMO Kiper does more homework instead of going with the big names.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3821519&categoryid=2378529

Will be interesting to see how much Kipers top 5 list will change once the underclassmen are included.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Andre Smith #1. I am staying far away from that one right there.

Boomer likes this.
  3. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

Thanks for telling me before I clicked on the link :up:

alen1 likes this.
  4. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Exactly, McShay has Andre as his top prospect even with him including underclassmen. Kiper only listing seniors, so he has Smith from Baylor at 2 and Monroe at #5. Now you know why I want to see Kipers top 5 after he includes underclassmen to see if Andre Smith would be in it.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Particularly like when McShay says that "Michael Jenkins" is the #5 best prospect.

When I look at Kiper's list I appreciate one thing about it and that is that, at this early juncture, he is just going straight up for guys that he KNOWS are good pro football players. Brandon Pettigrew, is he top 5 worthy? Probably not, but you know that he's going to get in the pros and be a good football player. Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith, you know that both of them are going to be good football players. Aaron Curry, he fits right in there with other LBs of the past that you could just say without a doubt these guys are going to be good pro football players. The best? Who knows. But good, certainly. Rey Maualuga, well...I dunno, I have a feeling he'll find his way as a pro because of his tangibles, explosion and aggressiveness...he'll probably work the other stuff out.

I think that top 5 lists reflects that there's a lot yet to be seen from a lot of these other prospects, especially the juniors...and so for now these are the guys I take in the top 5 just because I'm sure I'm getting a quality football player.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  6. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    I have read a lot of different opinions on Rey Rey and respect everyones opinion on him. The one thing I keep coming back to with him is the one thing we do not have on our MLB. Big plays. When I see him play he comes up with INTs, Sacks, TFLs, Vicious hits. I am definitely not good enough to break down game film and go through all of his intangibles, but don't those qualities stand out to a scout?

That was my exact feeling as well from Kiper's list. Guys that will be really quality players in the league and will not make you look like an idiot for picking them. Ahem Vernon Gholston and the Jets.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Rey makes big plays, absolutely. He doesn't make the bread and butter plays. But, you know...Channing Crowder kind of does make a lot of the bread and butter plays. His yards per carry on run tackles is pretty good.

So, who knows?