1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 99 Players of '09

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by njfinfan, Jul 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Ranking the NFL's Top 99 players for 2009 is no easy task.

To tackle the mission, I opted not to go all Bill James/Baseball Prospectus style in my methodology. Yes, to the dismay of some, there are no mathematic formulas or sabermetrics involved in what's below. And my apologies to the fine men at Football Outsiders, but I left the abacus at home for this one.

For the fantasy football crowd, you might not be too thrilled either. Sometimes it's not all about statistics. And in ranking the NFL's Top 99, many times it wasn't.

In truth, in compiling the following list, I asked myself three questions. Consider these inquiries the science behind the madness:

1. Which player would I rather have on my team?
    2. Which player would make the most impact on my team?
    3. Which player will be the best in 2009, specifically?

Let those three questions guide you as you digest what follows.

And if you're a fan of Aaron Rodgers, Darrelle Revis, Nate Clements, Willis McGahee, LeRoy Hill, Walter Jones, Ronnie Brown, Jason Brown, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck, Lee Evans, Antoine Winfield, Torry Holt, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, Shaun Rogers, Kellen Winslow, Jr, Tommie Harris, Jake Delhomme, Kirk Morrison, Trent Cole, John Carlson, Antonio Pierce, Dwayne Bowe, Frank Gore, Jay Ratliff, Ronde Barber, Mike Brown, Greg Jennings, Nick Collins and Braylon Edwards — know that your guys were right on the cusp.

They just weren't quite Top 99 worthy, not this year. And now, the list ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9665338/NFL's-top-99-player-rankings-for-'09