1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Picks for the Dolphins - by round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Big Red, Nov 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Round 1
    ILB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest 6-2 246 4.62
    NT Peria Jerry, Mississippi 6-3 295 4.98
    NT B.J. Raji, Boston College 6-1 325 5.15
    NT Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn 6-1 295 4.99
    FS/SS William Moore, Missouri 6-1 226 4.49
    OLB Everette Brown, FSU 6-4 252 4.65
    OLB Clint Sintim, Virginia 6-3 254 4.70
    CB Darius Butler, UConn 5-11 187 4.42
    OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma 6-5 335 5.32
    WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri 6-1 200 4.40

Round 2
    C Antoine Caldwell, Alabama 6-3 305 5.12
    C Max Unger, Oregon 6-5 310 5.24
    C Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas 6-4 314 4.95
    CB Victor Harris, Virginia Tech 5-11 194 4.56
    CB Domonique Johnson, Jackson State 6-2 190 4.38
    CB Sean Smith, Utah 6-3 215 4.54
    FS/KR Rashad Johnson, Alabama 6-0 190 4.49
    SS/FS Emanuel Cook, South Carolina 5-10 205 4.52
    WR Louis Murphy, Florida 6-2 205 4.38
    OLB Larry English, Northern Illinois 6-3 254 4.76
    ILB Tyrone McKenzie, South Florida 6-2 235 4.64
    OT Fenuki Tupou, Oregon 6-5 332 5.26

Round 3
    SS Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest 6-2 214 4.52
    WR Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia 6-2 205 4.54
    NT Ron Brace, Boston College 6-3 326 5.32
    OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati 6-4 255 4.64
    ILB Cody Brown, UConn 6-2 244 4.68
    OG Andy Levitre, Oregon State 6-2 318 5.25

Round 4
    CB Kevin Barnes, Maryland 6-1 188 4.47
    WR Marko Mitchell, Nevada 6-4 208 4.49
    NT Darryl Richard, Georgia Tech 6-3 295 4.99
    OLB David Veikune, Hawaii 6-3 265 4.89
    ILB Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh 6-1 242 4.74
    OG Cedric Dockery, Texas 6-4 320 5.28

Round 5
    WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly 6-6 227 4.59
    OLB Willie VanDeSteeg, Minnesota 6-4 256 4.82
    ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina 6-2 265 4.74
    SS/FS Otis Wiley, Michigan State 6-2 210 4.56
    FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia 6-0 245 4.65
    C/OG/OT Erik Cook, New Mexico 6-6 315 5.23
    CB Allen Langford, Wisconsin 5-11 190 4.48

Round 7
    WR Brandon Tate, North Carolina 6-1 195 4.52
    FB Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse 6-0 238 4.64
    ILB Anthony Felder, Cal 6-2 240 4.76
    OLB/ILB Robert Francois, Boston College 6-3 252 4.73
    SS/FS Terence Moore, Troy 6-2 218 4.65
    SS/FS Trimane Goddard, North Carolina 5-11 195 4.57
    CB Glover Quin, New Mexico 5-11 200 4.54
    OT/OG Robert Brewster, Ball State 6-4 312 5.10
    C/OG Alex Fletcher, Stanford 6-3 302 5.28
    NT Myron Pryor, Kentucky 6-0 310 5.08

joefootball likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Is this who you think the Dolphins target in those rounds?

I don't see English going in the fourth round nor do I see Barden going in the fifth. Barden is a 3-4th right now while English is a second rounder IMO. I don't think Everette Brown is a first rounder.

3. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is who I think the Dolphins should target. Players who have the make up Jeff Ireland and Bill Parcells look for. For instance, I love Alphonso Smith from Wake Forest but I don't think Ireland and Parcells would draft a short CB like him. They are more likely to target a taller CB.

I feel pretty good about my projections. If Barden runs a 4.6 forty at the Combine I have a hard time believing he'll go higher than the 5th round. You might be right about English and Brown. We'll see where they stack up after their Bowl games and the Combine.

Currently I've got Brian Orakpo, Greg Hardy, George Selvie, Michael Johnson, Clint Sintim, Connor Barwin, Everette Brown, Brandon Graham, Cody Brown, Tyson Jackson, Matt Shaughnessy, and Pannel Egboh all rated ahead of Larry English. That's twelve players. I don't see English making it into the second round. Maybe the third but not the second.

4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I want no part of Nick Harris. The guy seems like Roy Williams the sequel. Great hitter, lousy in coverage. Harris is the only one Im against as of right now. The rest are a decent projection as any right now being that its only november. A lot of those guys I think are going to be moving up and down that list namely Larry English who according to nfldraftscout.com which I like to use a lot has him at 4, when its all said and I have to agree with Alen1 that he is going to end up in the high/mid 2nd round range.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I can understand Selvie, Hardy, Sintim and Jackson over English. Regarding Orakpo over English, I'm not sure. I get annoyed by Orakpo when he doesn't hustle. He has a good bulrush though. I still can't get past the lack of hustle though, where as a guy like English has a great motor. I can't comment on Barwin, Brown, Graham, Shaughnessy, and Egboh to be honest as I haven't seen them play. I saw a glimpse of Shaughnessy but had to go.

6. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Actually I prefer William Moore to Nic Harris. You know what? You've convinced me. I'm taking Nic Harris off the list. I'm sure I will be making several more changes as April approaches. :up:

As we stand today Orakpo and Shaughnessy are definitely getting drafted ahead of English. That might change after the Combine. If it does then I'll reevaluate my projection.

7. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007

Dude , I hope yoU don't feel like I'm picking on you, but I think, Nee I KNOW, Miami will cast it's net wider. Of the non first rounders, English and Barnes will go higher than 4th. Remember Barnes had first round aspirations before the shoulder injury. I certainly don't envisage any scenario where Sergio Kindle is on our draft board. And Sean Smith might put his nose into R1.

As for the first round, Darius Butler may turn into a zone corner, whilst I don't see them taking a WR, Maclin or otherwise that high. I think Marks is a nailed on definite and I would stick in that LB/conversion end, end, NT region, with the odd pure LB like Curry and Clint Sintim. I wouldn't rule corners out, but I think you're looking at the defensive front 7 for round 1 answers.

8. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Orakpo is all bullrush. That's his game and that's about all he has. He would carry the vastly overrated tag for me.

9. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I'm not so sure about the front 7 thesis. Granted, question marks abound. Soliai- who knows, Fergusun getting older, Starks is good, but maybe more DE than NT.

But on the flip side you have Langford, Merling, Torbor, Ayodele, Crowder, Porter. I know how you feel about the Roth/Moses/Washington mess. Rod Wright in reserve. We still have Dotson, and for some reason I don't want to give up on PS squad member Ninkovich. We have Holliday, too, but age and salary issues there.

But safety- R Hill ok, coming off of a popped Achilles, Y Bell is always an injury concern, and the depth is questionable at best- on top of that J Allen is back at CB. Every time I look at the board I come back to one name- William Moore.

Normally I'd be intrigued by a WR, but with Pennnington's limitations, despite his playing well- why waste a high pick. That's assuming he has a 2-3 year run in him- big assumption. Just go with what they have now. Can't go deep much anyway. Better off with Ginn speed, crafty Camarillo and Bess underneath, and spend the high pick elsewhere.

I'll have two names on my mind for some time- Moore and Alex Mack. Your redundancy point is well taken, but if a player is special and available, take him. I like what you've described of this English DE/OLB, looking forward to seeing him play if possible.

10. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Front 7 is where the money is made, so to speak. Look at Pitt and that group of linebackers. That didn't just happen by accident. Same with the Giants and that group on the DL, even without Osi and Strahan. It's what Ireland and Parcells know.

As for the names you mention; Merling is likely to get looked at as a linebacker, Torbor is back-up, Ayodele is OK, but nothing special. And if Moses/Washington/Wright and Ninkovic were anything to write home about they'd be playing.

William Moore is a name, but you can bet that they love the kid at Alabama and last time Bill drafted a safety high, he got burned. And I don't see them drafting Alex Mack if they could get a Larry English or a Clint Sintim, etc.

11. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    There are a few guys I have issues with: Cody Brown, Duke Robinson, the fact that Clint Sintim and Larry English aren't on the list in the first round (English could stand in the 2nd and I's have no issue) Tyronne McKenzie, B.J. Raji, the fact that Evander Hood isn't in there in the first round either, or DeMarcus Granger if you have Marks.

Alex Boone will probably be a right tackle we'd look at, and Garret Reynolds for that matter. And Tyson Jackson from LSU should be up there for a look at DE.

alen1 likes this.
  12. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    All points well made. I'll have to see English play. But I still think that we have better depth in the front 7 than the secondary- not that depth should be the overriding factor. We were kind of lucky to win the Seattle game- not that there weren't great plays from our secondary, esp Will Allen. And I continue to hold out hope for J Allen. But if the Seattle WRs didn't drop those passes (I'm thinking Deion Branch)... R Hill seemed to be often a step late.

Last year when the safeties went down and Cameron Worrell was starting- we had no hope. I remember watching the Pats game in NYC, couldn't believe it. It not Moore in the 1st, then the Alabama guy in the 2nd would be fine with me.

p.s. What do you think the chances are of moving out Beck for a decent pick or maybe a Miles Austin? I still think that Beck can be good if he regains his confidence and finds himself in the right situation- the logical destination to me is Dallas. Maybe Austin or Crayton with Roy Williams in town. Or maybe Bobby Carpenter, or that LB they took recently I think 2nd rd. from Tennessee?

13. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Kevin Burnett is the LB that you mentioned and he's a free agent anyway. I certainly think Dallas could be a team that has an interest in Beck, but not at a high price. Miles Austin is a RFA as well and they just signed Crayton to a big contract so he's going nowhere, especially as TO is 36. I can't see anyone giving much more than a 6th or 7th for Beck I really can't.

I certainly think the secondary needs an infusion of youth, but I would imagine that if for example Dallas were to part ways with Anthony Henry, he'd be exactly the sort of player Ireland would like, especially as he could transition across to FS. Jim Leonhard is a FA that I'm sure they'll look at, as is OJ Atogwe. That aforementioned youth movement that will come from the draft but colour me surprised if it comes in round 1.

14. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    As a LDE who they MIGHT be looking at as a Jay Ratliff conversion inside, Jackso, as we think we know, is prime Ireland beef.

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I just want derrick Williams. Is that too much to ask out of a 2nd rounder?

16. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think you guys misunderstood. I know the Dolphins will cast their net wider. These are the "top" picks per round. I apologize if it wasn't clear. I know I cheated a little bit. I couldn't decide between Egboh and Kindle in the 3rd round for example.

Clint Sintim isn't on the list because I chose Everette Brown over Sintim. I see them both as 1st round picks but I think Brown puts pressure on the QB more consistently. Even in today's loss to Boston College Everette Brown was constantly in the Eagles' backfield. Did you see Virginia at Georgia Tech? Sintim had a good game but Aaron Curry stole the show that day.

I don't believe Larry English will be drafted in the 1st round. There are just too many players rated higher than him right now. Of course that could change after the Combine.

Kevin Barnes may go higher than the 4th. I am basing my current projection on players like Michael Bush and Jack Ikegwuonu who were potential 1st rounders that got injured and ended up being drafted in the 4th.

Boomer, why don't you see Sergio Kindle on our draft board? He seems like the type of pressure player Ireland would covet. He needs to put on a few pounds but he's plenty tall. You can't add height. As a 3rd round pick he wouldn't be expected to start right away. Just rotate him in on obvious passing situations and let him hit the weight room. He is also a standout on special teams which gives him added value.

Sean Smith in the 1st round? I guess anything is possible but when was the last time a CB who ran in the mid 4.5s was drafted in the 1st round? Not to mention a CB who plays in the Mountain West conference.

Darius Butler can play zone, man-to-man, whatever. That kid is a freak. And he's a ballhawk which is exactly what we need. He would start for us Day 1.

Say we have the 20th pick and Maclin is still on the board. He would be hard to pass up, no?

Marks is a beast. But Raji and Brace are no slouches either. They pretty much eliminated FSU's running attack today. The Seminoles' punter/kicker ended up with the most rushing yards because of a fake punt. :no:

Conuficus, what's your issue with Cody Brown and Duke Robinson? Are you saying you have issues with Tyronne McKenzie and B.J. Raji, too? Is it the round I have them projected in or do you just not like those players? Because those are four very good prospects.

I don't see us drafting Tyson Jackson at all. My feeling is Phillip Merling is going to get bigger before he gets smaller. I don't think Merling is ever going to end up at OLB. He is Vonnie Holliday's eventual successor.

Like I said earlier, this is a list of the "top" prospect in each round at each position. Obviously I chose Marks over DeMarcus Granger and Raji over Evander Hood. Ireland's draft board is listed horizontally. What that means is he's not necessarily to going to look at the next best NT if his guy is off the board. He's more likely to look across his list at another position rather than down his list at the "next best" player.

For example, if Sen'Derrick Marks is off the board Ireland and Parcells are more likely to draft Everette Brown than DeMarcus Granger.

Alex Boone? Really? I don't know. Maybe. Depends on what happens with Carey I guess. I think we're much more likely to draft an offensive lineman like Fenuki Tupou or Max Unger before Boone.

Garret Reynolds? Again, it depends on Carey. Do you think Reynolds is a better prospect than Cecil Newton? I'm open-minded. If any of you guys can convince me your prospect is better than my prospect than I'll add your guy to the list and take my guy off.

17. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm having a hard time deciding between Derrick Williams and Louis Murphy. Their Bowl games and the Combine are going to play a big factor.

18. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    1. English may not be as highly rated across the board, but you canbet your bottom dollar that he's highly rated on our board, Pitt's board, New Englands board, etc.

2. The injuries to Bush, etc., were more serious than the injury to Barnes. He should be able to work out in Indy, although obviously lifting might be an issue.

3. As for Kindle, I just don't see a 6-4, 228lb, one dimensional OLB as being our bag.

4. Has Smith actually run a forty time measured by NFL personnel? Until he does, I'm not believing ANYTHING. I remember when they said Fred Taylor would never go in round one as he runs 'a 4.5' and when he ripped a 4.38 and went 9th, it shut quite a few people up. As for playing in the MWC, it matters not. If he can play then he can play and he can play. I seem to remember a player from the MWC going first overall a couple of years ago.

5. I don't think Butler is that quick, I don't think he reacts to creative route running particularly well because I don't think he flips his hips particlularly well. He's much more suited to zone coverage in the pros.

6. I just don't see Jeff Ireland using a pick on a redshirt sophomore WR who will, in all likelihood take 2 years to come to the boil learning the 2nd most difficult position in the NFL.

7. Ireland himself pretty much admitted that they were closely looking at Tyson Jackson when he talked to Muck and the rest of the website heads a week or so ago.

19. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Well Cody Brown doesn't hustle and doesn't chase plays away from him very well, which won't make him popular, he is often outworked by Julius Williams; his teammate. McKenzie doesn't have the size to play for us IMO. He won't be a guy who canstack and shed like we need to be effective. Raji, has slow hands and really is a bull rush player, he doesn't disengage quickly or redirect as well as other DT's. I'm not saying he's awful, just not my personal favorite.

I say Alex Boone because of the history of drafting players that are around a 4.02 height to weight ratio. Maser has done it for a while himself. The O-line guys are usually long and lean not too heavy look at who we drafted last year. Murphy was the biggest weight wise at 318 lbs and 6'4'' but for the majority of their collective time in the league these mean have come close to this ratio. It means most guys will be 6'5''-6'7'' and 305 -315 or so. Obviously it isn't exact but you get the idea.

Some of the time it is issues, so of the time it is the player themselves. Don't change anything because I or others don't agree, I'm not saying that as all I can offer is opinion the same as you :up:

20. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Speaking of Kevin Barnes as I was; apparently the injury isn't nearly as bad as first thought - it was supposed to be a torn labrum, torn rotator cuff, fractured collarbone and fractured shoulder blade - but it's not as bad and he will be ready to go for the Senior Bowl, reinvigorating his stock.

Big Red, alen1 and Conuficus like this.
  21. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'll keep my eye on Larry English. Thanks for the heads up. I still like Connor Barwin in the 2nd but maybe I'll move English up to the 3rd round instead of Egboh and Kindle.

Speaking of Kindle, after our awful display on special teams yesterday I don't think anybody would be opposed to a pass rush specialist who is also a special teams standout. According to rivals.com he currently weighs 239 pounds. Of course we can't know anything for sure until after the Combine.

College Player Database - Depth Chart

Good to hear about Kevin Barnes. He'd be a steal in the 4th but it sounds like he'll be off the board by then.

If Sean Smith runs in the 4.4s his stock will improve dramatically. It's silly but that's the way it works.

Boomer, I think you're wrong about Darius Butler. His excellent recovery speed makes him much more than a zone coverage guy. Let's see how he does in drills at the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

Maclin's status as a redshirt sophomore could very well cause Ireland to shy away from him in the 1st round. Not to mention Ginn's emergence of late. However, if the Dolphins do pick a WR in the first round Maclin would be a very good selection. The most common description of his play is "electrifying."

I would be shocked if Ireland drafted Tyson Jackson in the 1st round but stranger things have happened in my lifetime. It really comes down to where you see Phillip Merling fitting in with the Dolphins long term. They currently list him at 6-4 290 which would make him a 3-4 DE through and through. With Merling, Langford, Starks, and Holliday I don't consider DE as a need for us in 2009.

I haven't noticed Cody Brown's lack of hustle but I'll be on the lookout for it now. Thanks. That's why I love websites like this. Everybody has a differing opinion and sometimes you realize or learn something that you never would have come up with on your own.

Tyrone McKenzie might not have the size to play for us. However, he is constantly around the ball making plays. I'm very curious to see what he weighs at the Combine. Sometimes guys show up and weigh more than you thought they would. If McKenzie weighs any heavier than 240 he will be considered. At 6-2 he's got the height, he just needs to add a few pounds. Kevin Burnett only weighed 240 when they drafted him. McKenzie is only five pounds shy of that.

I don't know if Raji has slow hands or not. All I know is every time I watch him he is pushing an offensive lineman backwards.

Excellent info on Alex Boone.

Thanks, dude. Don't go changing for me either. :lol:

You guys rock by the way. Maybe the most knowledgeable fans I've come across on the internet.

22. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Its not just his size, it is his playing style. James Laurinaitis for instance is always around the ball, but he doesn't stack and shed well. Neither does McKenzie IIRC, they use their athleticism to run around blocks opposed to taking them head on more often than not. Those type of player don't thrive in a 3-4 a majority of the time.

Thanks, we try. :up:

23. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Thanks for the nice comment - you're doing a pretty damn good job on your own.

Egboh has had a disappointing season and his lack of consistency is something that has frankly plauged him.

I agree that Kindle is a good special teamer, but I still don't see them signing off on a rush specialist who only goes one way and is probably no more than 235 dripping wet and will be shoved around at the next level. He lacks the bulk of the lighter NFL ends like Jason Taylor and Elvis Dumerville and when you can pick up late round and FA guys who trun into ST gems, I still don't see it. Sorry mate.

You see, I don't see Butler with great recovery speed. It's the beauty of the draft mate, we all see different things. I need to see more of him.

Maclin would be a good pick for anyone, but WR is, after QB, the most difficult pro position to learn. It's pretty rare for juniors to come in and dominate and for redshirt sophomores, even more so. There is so much to pick up and no matter how dominant you are in college, the step up is much bigger. Michael Crabtree is clearly a great college WR, but do you think he's ever run all the routes on the tree because I know he hasn't. Maclin has outstanding speed, but there has to be more to it than that. Ireland will want to build on this year and that means immediate contributors. I think 3 and 4 years starters, seniors or redshirt juniors will be taken on day 1. They want to hit with their 1 and two 2's the way they hit with Long, Merling and Langford and they'll expect at least one immediate contributor on day 2 much as Donald Thomas was.

Which leads us nicely into Tyson Jackson. I'm certainly not signing off on him as THE pick, but Ireland has clearly intonated that he's on the radar. At around 295, he has the frame to add 10lbs and move inside, much as Jay Ratliff has done with such success. Tyson is no real sack threat, but what he is is a tremendous run playing end, probably the best in the entire draft, who plays with great leverage in the run game and an excellent base. He can stack and shed and makes play after play against the run. He could easily become our Ty Warren and that's not a bad thing. He also is a long term starter, great kid and team captain.

All this helps.

24. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The one thing about Egboh that I'll offer is from what I've seen they're using him as more of a DT than DE. That's going to affect his numbers. I think he's still a pretty good player and maybe not one to keep an eye on for the first round but perhaps the 2nd or 3rd.

25. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Darcel McBath is no longer on my list. He was so bad in that Oklahoma game words can't even describe it. I need a good safety prospect for the 5th round.

I'm moving Sean Smith to the 2nd round and adding Domonique Johnson as the Fins top CB prospect in the 3rd round.

Although ckparrothead is right about Egboh lining up as a DT at times I'm still waiting for him to make a play against USC. He's off the list. So is Kindle unitl he declares. I'm replacing them with Larry English. Now I need a good OLB prospect for the 4th round.

Still love Everette Brown. He was absolutely dominant in that Maryland game. I'm starting to think Aaron Curry will be off the board by the time we pick which is a shame but it will make our decision easier.

Peria Jerry is a bad man. This draft is very deep at NT. I have no doubt we will be taking one on the first day.

26. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    You want a guy who should be taken in the 4th or higher but isn't even on most people's radar screens yet?

Julius Williams from UConn - #45 check him out. He blows his much heralded teammate; Cody Brown out of the water IMO.

Big Red and alen1 like this.
  27. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Holy crap, Does he really run a 4.62 in the 40?

28. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I don't know. But I know his first 3 steps are lethal.

2:50 in is a clip of him. Look around and you'll find stuff. Look for #45.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuUm_MusmUs&feature=related[/ame]

29. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Joe Pawalek makes a lot of plays. But probably should stay at Baylor for his senior campaign. Does a MUCH better job of getting off blocks than Laurinatis does.

30. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Laurinaitis definitely falls into the program makes me better than I am category.

Stitches likes this.
  31. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Another guy that might be woth a look in the middle rounds is Sean Lee of Penn State- if he wasn't red shirted, I don't know. He'll slide because of the ACL tear but may prove to be a value pick. He's listed somewhere around 6-2, 235- not ideal, but they can put some weight on him.

32. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm a very big Michigan State fan and I watch them play every week here in Michigan, and I would love to see Otis Wiley come here. The dude is a play maker and is one of the best safeties in the NCAA in my opinion.

jim1 likes this.
  33. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    He said he's going back to PSU next year.

34. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The other PSU guy, Aaron Maybin, is an interesting name. He doesn't have consistent explosivness off the line as you would like but he brings it. He's a bit raw and is one-dimensional in my opinion, he doesn't shed well or use his hands well and he relies on his athletic ability but he can get to the Quarterback and has a good motor. I don't think he'll end up being a Miami Dolphin if or when he comes out though. One question I have with him is that is he the next Vernon Gholston? I sure hope not.

35. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Blasphemy! Gholston never showed the hustle Maybin shows play-in play-out, and Maybin is a RS(SO). He was never supposed to be a full-time starter this year, but injuries and suspensions killed the d-line.

36. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I said I sure hope not. :wink2:

37. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Chris - CK - is a big Otis Wiley fan.

38. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thanks for the late night read gentlemen...

39. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Jesus Christ. Did anyone see that sack & fumble by Greg Hardy? Talk about quickness off the line.

40. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Try being at work!