1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Spin 3...

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by brandon27, Jun 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Just wondering if anyone's played this game yet. I enjoyed 2 ALOT. so i figured I may as well trade it in and pick up 3.

As of now, its the biggest mistake ive ever made. TS2 was at least fun to play, and a bit challenging at the same time for me. TS3... is just a mess. It looks about the same, maybe a bit better, but the controls, are just a mess. It feels slow, and unresponsive, and the new swing system is terrible. Theres no options to change controls, nothing at all. It just feels like a complete mess to play. I may mess around with it a bit more tonight... but if it doesnt get any better, or i cant get into it at all... I just may bring it back and pick up a used copy of TS2 again... what a nightmare. Feels to me like 2k took a big step back with this one.

Thoughts???

2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I played the Demo and the game did feel quite unresponsive and after playing for awhile I deleted it. I usually play Virtua Tennis by Sega and love it, I've never played a Top Spin game before but from what I've seen from TS3 I'm not a fan.

Since you mention TS2 was it like Virtua Tennis (assuming you've played it)?

3. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    never played virtua tennis. Just TS2... I bought it for dirt cheap on ebay and loved it. It was actually fun. Ive sat here drinkin a few beers and playing TS3 tonight, and while ive figured out the new controls a little bit better... It still really bums me out... it just feels so... slow... and unresponsive like i said before. Theres times you hit the button to swing, and let it go on time, and your player just... runs by the ball... or does nothing at all... its completely mind boggling.

if they wanted to change around the control system a bit... they should have actually changed it... not just changed the swing and release point controlled by a button press... thats fine and all, but at least give us an option like EA has done in nhl 08 and at least offer the classic control system.

like i said, ive gotten used to it a bit more now, but theres still those momments where its like... wtf just happened... i pressed the damn button... like its... its tennis. its nothing more than glorified pong. lets not make this so ridiculously difficult to play here. In my opinion theyve taken the fun out of playing the game.

4. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i hated the new control scheme at first... but like many other things, upon further inspection and a lot of practice... it's really genius. It's all about timing now. No more will someone beat you simply because they picked Federer

5. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    ive gotten used to the swinging and the timing now... took a while, but im doing okay now. It still feels very unresponsive and slow though... maybe its just me, i dunno.

6. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    Got the game Sunday and have taken back already. Personally I think the series is getting worse, TS1 was fantastic, I struggled with TS2 but I suppose like a lot of things if you put time in you'll be rewarded, unfortunately I don't. Very disappointed as I was looking forward to its release.

7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Played the Demo, not bad. Took me awhile to get the controls down.

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I played the demo and enjoyed it alot. TS2 just sucks all around in my opinion. TS1 is still the best...

VT3 is the best on all console.

Glad I found this site again lol.

9. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    i rented it and its pretty good. The control scheme does take a while to get used to but with practice you can get a hang of it pretty well.