1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total QBR

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nappy Roots, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Whats the pros and cons with this system?

In ESPN Total QBR ratings, Tannehill ranks 30th.

Behind the likes of Schuab, Glennon, Eli, Hoyer, Pryor, EJ Manuel, and Christian Ponder. I mean, wow, ESPN just think Tannehill is a terrible QB.

2. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Think of it this way, Ryan's fumble was recovered and the Pat's scored a TD off it. That hurts Ryan's rating. Brady fumbles, his team recovers and the Pats are advanced the ball about 35 yards from the recovery and score a TD.

The fumbles are measured differently

Rhody Phins Fan and Nappy Roots like this.
  3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Sacks are also accounted for (I believe regardless of who the sack was actually the fault of). Also, you can pass for 3TDs in the 1st half of a game, but that's less QBR-worthy than TDs in the 2nd half, even if both result in a win.

I personally dislike their rating immensely.

4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

So far their system sounds like a croc pot of ****.

finyank13 likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Tannehill is a turnover machine. I don't really have any qualms with his ranking. Stupid is as stupid does.

I love Tannehill and love his potential, but as long as he's turning the ball over reguarly, he's just as crappy as Ponder and all those scrubs. I don't see how that's controversial.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO it's a rating of how the team is doing rather than a QB rating. If you have a crappy QB paired with a defense that overcomes his errors, the crappy QB will have a better TQBR than a great QB on a team with a horrid defense. I don't see it as an effective tool for rating QB play.

Stitches and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  7. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Total QBR is nothing more than ESPN's attempt at creating a metric they branded. There are several superior metrics available. You can ignore it.

Stitches likes this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's flawed just like EVERY other system of metrics out there, whether it's for football or not. their system tries to incorporate context to the numbers, but just not feasible to have a system that takes enough context into consideration to cover even the majority of possibilities.

Stitches likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think Qb fumbles should be in there and Qb running yards...that's about it.