1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough Flex Question this Week, fighting for a first round bye...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by CashInFist, Dec 2, 2010.

1. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Starters:

QB - Peyton Manning
    RB - Arian Foster
    RB - Matt Forte
    WR - Andre Johnson
    WR - Steve Johnson
    TE - Jacob Tamme
    K - Dan Carpenter
    DST - SteAlers

FLEX? - Ronnie Brown vs Browns, Brian Westbrook @ GB, LeGarrette Blount vs Falcons, Mike Williams (TB) vs Falcons, Malcom Floyd (questionable) vs OAK, Sidney Rice vs BUF, Dez Bryant @ IND

I am thinking Ronnie Brown. What do you all think?

2. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    that's a really really tough one

up until the Thanksgiving game, I think the clear answer would have been Dez Bryant, but not anymore.

I would expect Westbrook and Blount to struggle against good deference. Floyd and Rice are question marks, though Rice has a nice matchup (maybe depends on Percy Harvin's migraines/status?)

I agree Ronnie is the safest play here. Cleveland is a sneaky good defense though.

3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ronnie is so inconsistent and he rarely puts up big points.. Are you ahead and simply need to maintain your points? If this is a question of putting up a high number of points I would take my chances on Brian Westbrook.. He came up huge last week.. And the GB D is giving up roughly 113 yards per game on the ground.. Middle of the pack..

4. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Well, I am up by 32.2 points with both of us having 7 yet to play (I had Arian Foster and Andre Johnson :)). So, I want guaranteed points and of course I would like the one that scores the most starting.

I just think Ronnie is due for a big game here. Even if he gets only 60-70 total yards, if he scores a TD it's a good play.

Mike Williams and Malcom Floyd are my next two options I'm thinking, in that order.

EDIT: Also Westbrook is injured already...and on the road against a solid overall GB defense. I don't like him this week.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Mike Williams or Brown imo...

Nmadi will be on Floyd most of the day, Westbrook is a flash in the pan and facing GB, Dez is hit or miss, Rice @ BUff in the wind with a inconsistent QB...

Flip your coin but I too think Ronnie gets about 75-80 and a TD.