1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade a 2nd for Thuney?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Dolphins would have made an attempt to sign Patriots offensive guard Joe Thuney if he had reached free agency, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports. But the Patriots placed the franchise tag on Thuney.

That means any team that wants to acquire Thuney will have to work out a deal with the Patriots. A recent report indicated the Patriots and Thuney are not close on a long-term deal, and his $14.78 million cap number has the squeezed the team. So Patriots could be open to a second-day pick for him.

Would the Dolphins be interested in a trade for Thuney?

According to Salguero, the Dolphins have discussed the possibility of trading for him.
    Would the Patriots be willing to trade with a division rival? Perhaps if it was the right offer.
    Thuney has signed the franchise tender, clearing the way for a trade. Thuney started all 64 games since he was drafted in the third round in 2016. He was the second-team All-Pro pick at left guard.

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Man, I don't like the idea of giving New England one of high round picks, but Thuney is legit. I'd probably wait and see how the first round goes at least, if not a good chunk of round 2. If they really can't afford that contract though, why bail them out and free up space and give them high draft picks? Maybe see what they think on day 3.

Tin Indian likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I’d see if they would bite on a third round pick. For a 27 year old all-pro guard? Sign me up.

4. Etrius24

Etrius24 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2020
    NO

If they want an O lineman that bad.... Offer up a second and move up from 18 to 13 and Grab Becton